Sign in to follow this  
earlcole

WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: Audiosound Laboratories Motet 8015 Floor Standing Speakers

Item: Audiosound Laboratories Motet 8015 Floor Standing Speakers
Price: 295
Item Condition: 8/10
Reason for selling: Too many speakers!
5a14efc236c11_Motet(3).thumb.jpg.a65f724aff95b8d8ce5202b388269fb3.jpg
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

For sale is a pair of very hard to find and highly sought after Australian built ASL speakers that won an Australian Design Award in 1991. Because they are so honest, transparent and uncoloured they were the ABC's choice of studio monitor for several years. Jazz musician James Morrison only uses ASL monitors in his studio. They are a three-speaker, symmetrical two-way design with 18dB/Octave crossover and wide dispersion treble unit. They are 6 Ohm speakers rated at 10 – 130 watts RMS with a frequency response of 40 – 18kHz and 90 dB sensitivity. The drivers were built specifically to Ron Cooper's (ASL founder) specifications and he hand built the crossovers using the very best components at the time.

The speakers work flawlessly. The cabinets are in really good condition for their age and there no holes or tears on the cloth covers/grills or broken lugs. One of the badges is missing but I have ordered some new ones.

REVIEWS

"The Motet 8015's very neutral and tonally balanced sound quality lets the music do the talking...... In this, it must be said that the 8015's certainly show their "ABC monitor" heritage."

Australian Hi-Fi magazine.

Pictures:

Motet (2).jpg

Motet (4).jpg

Motet (5).jpg

Motet (6).jpg

Motet (7).jpg

I listened to these speakers and found them warm sounding, with decent bass response and good imaging. I have been looking around for a floorstander however will stick with bi-amped LS3/5a clones with AB-1 until something else crops up. 

I will accept $260 for them. If they don't sell at that price I will keep them.

I would like to delete this listing as I have decided to keep them. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I can not figure it out.

There is a button about 2pm above your advert says report your post as sold, use that 

Thanks. I thought of doing that but as they are not 'sold' I opted not to use it. I might keep the listing live for another week or so. Then I will do as you suggested.

3 hours ago, earlcole said:

I would like to delete this listing as I have decided to keep them. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I can not figure it out.

If you want the listing closed rather than marked as "sold", hit "report post" and ask one of the friendly mods to close it.

This item has been withdrawn from sale or relisted.