Sign in to follow this  
nothing1

Panasonic EZ950 motion stutter problem

i have the Panasonic EZ950 oled tv which suffers from the dreaded 25p/50i motion stutter problem that is well documented on the AVforums website it is mentioned in the hdtvtest review http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk, Panasonic are denying knowledge of the problem.This is starting to look like a hardware fault as the newer tv's do not have the fault.

Are you getting this problem on all types of material?.....meaning Bluray/ Free to air/ gaming ?

Or as I suspect, mostly when streaming content from someone like Netflix ?

3 hours ago, nothing1 said:

This is starting to look like a hardware fault as the newer tv's do not have the fault.

Something like video processing and frame rates is not hardware related... Panasonic should be fixing this with a firmware update. Very poor to hear they are not recognising this issue...

JSmith :ninja:

There was a reported problem with early purchasers of this TV having problems with the first few software updates, suddenly apps would stop working all together, or partially.

The recommended fix was to do a factory reset, and then download a later system update, this happened for around 3 updates in a row.

My suggestion is to reset the TV back to factory settings, then let it update to the latest software, and apps.

http://eng-ca.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20638/~/how-to-reset-the-tv-to-the-factory-default-settings.

17 hours ago, Tweaky said:

Are you getting this problem on all types of material?.....meaning Bluray/ Free to air/ gaming ?

Or as I suspect, mostly when streaming content from someone like Netflix ?

it is on free to air and built in apps, hdmi and usb for anything with 25p or 1080i frame rates. blu rays and uhd blurays are fine here is a test clip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uik0ysxskc9seol/720p.mkv?dl=0

16 hours ago, JSmith said:

Something like video processing and frame rates is not hardware related... Panasonic should be fixing this with a firmware update. Very poor to hear they are not recognising this issue...

JSmith :ninja:

then why do the latest tv's manufactured from the middle of October not have the problem when they are running the same firmware?

16 hours ago, Tweaky said:

There was a reported problem with early purchasers of this TV having problems with the first few software updates, suddenly apps would stop working all together, or partially.

The recommended fix was to do a factory reset, and then download a later system update, this happened for around 3 updates in a row.

My suggestion is to reset the TV back to factory settings, then let it update to the latest software, and apps.

http://eng-ca.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20638/~/how-to-reset-the-tv-to-the-factory-default-settings.

done this, if anyone has this tv download the test clip and test if your tv has the problem it is a major problem over on the avforums website.

1 hour ago, nothing1 said:

then why do the latest tv's manufactured from the middle of October not have the problem when they are running the same firmware?

Dunno... but the issue is caused by video processing as when HDTVTest set to pure direct or game mode the issue was gone;

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tx55ez952b-201707194485.htm

...whatever processing that’s responsible for the frame skips.

Also, it goes away after a few seconds, right?

If you feel the set is not performing as expected, try to return or swap it under ACL as not fit for purpose if Pana refuse to acknowledge this as an issue.

JSmith :ninja:

Are you running your sources directly into the TV, or into a HT amp first?

If into a HT amp, check to see if any video up-scaling is being done by the amp, and try changing the settings if possible .[Possibly video output from the HT amp ]

My Yamaha HT amp up-scales video, but I have no problems with it doing so, that might not be the case for you......worth having a look at least

10 hours ago, Tweaky said:

Are you running your sources directly into the TV, or into a HT amp first?

If into a HT amp, check to see if any video up-scaling is being done by the amp, and try changing the settings if possible .[Possibly video output from the HT amp ]

My Yamaha HT amp up-scales video, but I have no problems with it doing so, that might not be the case for you......worth having a look at least

straight into tv

21 hours ago, JSmith said:

Dunno... but the issue is caused by video processing as when HDTVTest set to pure direct or game mode the issue was gone;

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tx55ez952b-201707194485.htm

...whatever processing that’s responsible for the frame skips.

Also, it goes away after a few seconds, right?

If you feel the set is not performing as expected, try to return or swap it under ACL as not fit for purpose if Pana refuse to acknowledge this as an issue.

JSmith :ninja:

yes but doing that engages a 3:2 pull-down, why i don't know!

I just received my Panasonic TV yesterday afternoon, so I'm still getting my head around navigating the menus and huge amount of options you have to change things with these TV's.:huh:

Plus trying to get it and the Panasonic 4k disc player to read the Diversified Video Solutions RM UHD/HDR-10 test disc files I've loaded onto a new USB stick...Just got it working, I was losing my patients, boy these Panasonics are picky on what files they will play back.

I did notice something just now in the menu, that as soon as I saw it though it might be relevant to you problem....might not, but worth checking out anyway.

Go to Picture > Options > Film Cadence mode......it's Greyed out when I look at it ATM, as I think it will only operate once a movie or whatever is actually playing.

Fortunately, I can't notice it on my 65" EZ950...