Sign in to follow this  
CapitalK

Pre/Pro Recommendation to drive Krix Speakers

1 minute ago, Quark said:

The joys of the forum software having a flake out... :)

More bugs than an entomology exhibition:)

Hi All, 

Many thanks to all who contributed :)

I think i'm heading towards the Anthem MRX1120 with my old Anthem MCA50 power amp and Sony TA-P9000ES pre/amp for the 5.1 channel. Hopefully this is the right setup to drive the Krix system. Although i'm still open for suggestions...

Cheers

Ken

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, Quark said:

Yes, sounds like the 340W must be some BS number to build some eco credentials.

They've gone the old pioneer route Rob using class D techniques for efficiency by the look  ;)

Advanced Hybrid Digital Amplifier Design

Modern Design Meets Legendary Performance. Integra amplifier designs have always been known for delivering voluminous loads of current via massive, oversized power supply sections -providing precise speaker control and dynamics. The DRX-R1 combines this legendary performance with today’s ultra-efficient digital output stages, proprietary filtering technologies, and oversized low pass filter coils- resulting in stunning audio clarity, accuracy and musicality- across the entire audio output range.

Edited by cwt

14 minutes ago, cwt said:

They've gone the old pioneer route Rob using class D techniques for efficiency by the look  ;)

Advanced Hybrid Digital Amplifier Design

Modern Design Meets Legendary Performance. Integra amplifier designs have always been known for delivering voluminous loads of current via massive, oversized power supply sections -providing precise speaker control and dynamics. The DRX-R1 combines this legendary performance with today’s ultra-efficient digital output stages, proprietary filtering technologies, and oversized low pass filter coils- resulting in stunning audio clarity, accuracy and musicality- across the entire audio output range.

OK, that makes sense, but still pretty skinny for grunt even with 90+% efficiency.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

OK, that makes sense, but still pretty skinny for grunt even with 90+% efficiency.

you cant defeat law of conservation of energy so can't produce any more than consumes and even with 90% efficiency that is indeed very skinny ... leaves nothing for headroom ! with only about 27 wpc flat chat all channels driven :D

Another happy user.

"Hello. I just bought the drx-r1 and I'll will just say it is a beast. Especially at higher volume levels it gets crazy clean ,def outshines my previous 80.3 which I thought would be hard to do. The accuEQ works absolutely fine,no worries there"

"Unlike the specs in some rival receivers, all of the DRX-R1’s amplifier channels are claimed to produce 140W into 8 ohms. Granted, this isn’t an all-channels-driven spec, but Integra’s amp design looks robust, with power output rated into 4 ohms and 40 amps of instantaneous current. There’s even a dynamic power rating of 320W at 3 ohms, which shows that, at least on paper, there are oodles of power on tap."

If I were serious , with those nice Australian made Krix Loudspeakers,  would use a separate processor to drive a nice rack of Aussie made Power Amplifiers :cool:

On 20 November 2017 at 10:46 AM, CapitalK said:

Hi Experts, 

I'm in the midst of setting up HT with 11.2 setup using Krix speakers:

Neuphonix MK2 - Front

Epicentrix MK2 - Centre

Symmetrix - Side and Rear

Atmospherix - Ceiling (x4)

Sub-woofer - Undecided

I have several suggestions to go with

1. Intergra DRX-R1 & Anthem MCA 5.1 power Amp

2. Yamaha CX-A5100 & MX-A5000 combo

3. Anthem MRX 11.2 & Anthem MCA 5.1 power Amp

Would appreciate if someone could provide some advise on the above or something else. Also, i'm still undecided on the subs too...

Thanks again

Cheers

Hi K

I bi amp and bi wire my Neuphonix with a first generation 7 ch Elecktra and for subs 3 x subversive.

On 20 November 2017 at 10:46 AM, CapitalK said:

On 11/23/2017 at 4:57 PM, powerav said:

If you post 5 more times it will be like 9 channels:)

His echo credentials are good though :cool:

Hey mate, how did you go with the Anthem MRX1120?

Did you test many other amps with your Krix?

Hi Serpeant, 

Just got the keys to the house 2 weeks ago. It will take some time until i have the beast setup/hooked up with the KRIX speakers. Will keep you posted!

Cheers

K

On 02/03/2018 at 10:00 AM, CapitalK said:

Hi Serpeant, 

Just got the keys to the house 2 weeks ago. It will take some time until i have the beast setup/hooked up with the KRIX speakers. Will keep you posted!

Cheers

K

So, how'd you go?

Seems lots of people like Anthem here!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this