Sonique 750 Diamond Help

My speakers are the first pair of Sonique 750 Diamonds that I bought in the Sonique closing down auction (along with half the place).

They are absolutely fantastic speakers but recently I've discovered the sound deadening has unstuck from inside the back of the cabinet, as has a little bit of foam.

Does anyone know either, how to access the back or who in SA could fix/re-adhere them for me?

The drivers seem to be stuck into the cabinet so I can't get in through the front, and the foam seems to fit behind them on the inside back wall of the cabinet (that I can't reach).

Any advice would be awesome.

Steve, if you're out there... Help!

Most quality speakers have the rebated area that the drivers sit in are precision machined. 

This makes removing drivers difficult, I suggest tilting the cabinet forward and the driver weight should be enough to release it. If not give the rear of the cabinet a light tap with a rubber mallet.

As SS suggested Vaf will fix it if you are unsuccessful.

John from Aranmar Acoustics does it this way. He screws a slightly over size screw into one of the screw holes in the frame. Not too hard, just enough so the thread grabs the frame. He then places a piece of timber over the speaker near the driver and uses a claw hammer to lever the screw up and lifting the driver up with it. The timber is to put the head of the hammer on to protect the speaker. 

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, ns13 said:

My speakers are the first pair of Sonique 750 Diamonds that I bought in the Sonique closing down auction (along with half the place).

They are absolutely fantastic speakers but recently I've discovered the sound deadening has unstuck from inside the back of the cabinet, as has a little bit of foam.

Does anyone know either, how to access the back or who in SA could fix/re-adhere them for me?

The drivers seem to be stuck into the cabinet so I can't get in through the front, and the foam seems to fit behind them on the inside back wall of the cabinet (that I can't reach).

Any advice would be awesome.

Steve, if you're out there... Help!

If you're unsuccessful we're happy to help out. Give me a call and happy for you to drop them in for a once over. No charge , just happy to keep an Aussie speaker running! 83639996

Cheers,

Simon

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, VAF said:

If you're unsuccessful we're happy to help out. Give me a call and happy for you to drop them in for a once over. No charge , just happy to keep an Aussie speaker running! 83639996

Cheers,

Simon

Wow! Thanks Simon. Will definitely take you up on that offer. Seems like an excellent excuse to come and look around your premises and dream of spending more money than I have!

• Like 1