Stereonet Newby

Hey guys,

New to this site, recommended by one of yours ( thanks Ronnie) Getting back into vinyl after 30 year layoff but thankfully kept all my vinyl. System  currently consists of Denon DP30L turntable with Ortofon, Marantz 2275 receiver and fairly ordinary Jensen towers. Looking for any advice on speakers to match the Marantz, prefer older speakers such as Yamaha NS500M or the like. Budget about $1500, large room prefer floorstanders. Thanks!

20171105_092713.jpg

On 11/17/2017 at 1:57 PM, chrisnicho58 said:

Hey guys,

New to this site, recommended by one of yours ( thanks Ronnie) Getting back into vinyl after 30 year layoff but thankfully kept all my vinyl. System  currently consists of Denon DP30L turntable with Ortofon, Marantz 2275 receiver and fairly ordinary Jensen towers. Looking for any advice on speakers to match the Marantz, prefer older speakers such as Yamaha NS500M or the like. Budget about $1500, large room prefer floorstanders. Thanks!

20171105_092713.jpg

Welcome to SereoNet Chris. 

• Like 1

Welcome to stereonet. Thats a nice setup you have there. Those marantz receivers are really something special to look at and i'm sure it still sounds great after all these years. I've had a lot of experience with those Denon Direct drive turntables of the late 70s and early 80s (I currently own a DP60L) they are fantastic and wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone.

Edited by TheWretchedWorld
typo
  • Like 1