Reselling ticket sites

blybo

I want to get my wife tickets to The Killers in May (as a Xmas present) but they sold out in minutes, as seems to always be the case these days... :emot-bang:

I really hate the idea of these re-selling sites, particularly those who are obviously legalised scalping. Which sites can I trust? These guys? Will I find out my ticket won't scan etc etc

https://www.viagogo.com/au/Concert-Tickets/Alternative-and-Indie/The-Killers-Tickets?AffiliateID=49&adposition=1t1&PCID=PSAUGOOCONTHEK69EF7BC8157-000000&AdID=227835126673&MetroRegionID=843&psc=&psc=&ps=mr-843&ps_p=0&ps_c=926146043&ps_ag=44978535805&ps_tg=kwd-361697277553&ps_ad=227835126673&ps_adp=1t1&ps_fi=&ps_fi=&ps_li=&ps_li=&ps_lp=9071443&ps_n=g&ps_d=c&gclid=Cj0KCQiAi7XQBRDnARIsANeLIeuzlpyQ2W2QTRymStcEVX5I03LZZUYjpB2eViXmAWDCgS-aNOO8fugaAisnEALw_wcB

???

Well the reason they sell out is because of sites like this. You will pay a premium through viagogo, but i've used them before and they are genuine. 

If you are happy to wait a bit, there will be more tickets, more sessions and plenty available under gumtree if you want to take that risk. 

Do a search on viagogo....they are FAR from trustworthy!

The Checkout did a whole spot on them and they have been fined, numerous times, by regulatory bodies for bait & switch, misleading customers, not providing useful tickets and dishonouring refund/return legislation.

8 hours ago, blybo said:

I really hate the idea of these re-selling sites, particularly those who are obviously legalised scalping.

seems a major problem ! 

while the laws in victoria just introduced to ban scalping, just the other day, so cant resell any more that 10% they apparently only cover "major events"

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/vic-ticket-scalping/9159032

why is it there is always someone trying to make something misery for people just because they can make some bucks over it ! 

as it is event tickets are plain crazy last thing we need is likes of scalpers jacking up further. 

sorry i cant help but a bit aghast at whats going on ! and under the governments noses ...

I used Viagogo to buy tickets in Australia to see Depeche Mode in Amsterdam back in May. I waited to the last few days before the concert and the prices got quite a bit cheaper compared to a month out.

The concert was sold out for normal tiks, so for me paying a bit extra was well worth it. The Viagogo fees are expensive.

The tickets were legit and everything went very smoothly.

Personally,  I refuse to use these scalper sites to see bands within Australia. 

Edited by metal beat

On 11/17/2017 at 12:57 PM, blybo said:

I really hate the idea of these re-selling sites, particularly those who are obviously legalised scalping. Which sites can I trust?

Don't do it.   Then you're just part of the problem!. 

Find something else to go to,  or give her an "I.O.U. 1 x Killers concert ticket" at Christmas and hope you can find some at face value before the day.      

That's just a little hypocritical of me though,   seeing as my wife recently bought herself a ticket to QOTSA through ticketmaster resale ;).    If you must then you must,  but I can't offer advice on options other than you shouldn't have any problems through ticketmaster/ticketek resale.  

I understand that fan-fan, face value, ticket reselling sites do exist,  but not sure what these are.     A 'want to buy' gumtree, SNA or similar posting might score you some but I reckon chances are slim.    

Ticket sellers sometimes release extra tickets just before the concert date.    I guess these are comp. tickets for record execs and the like who can't use them.  I scored front row seats to a 'sold out' Black Sabbath show at Rod Laver a few years ago through ticketmaster the day before the gig.     It's just a case of checking at the right time so is definitely a gamble you might not want to take.  

Well, a couple of tickets have popped up on Ticketmaster resale... so I've taken the hit and paid roughly $50 premium on each ticket :angry:. It is not so much the $$$ I've spent, but the whole principle of it. Still, big brownie points coming my way... and I've completely put her off the scent :cool:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blybo said:

It is not so much the $$$ I've spent, but the whole principle of it.

I agree.   

It's sad that buying via resale is turning out to be the only way to get tickets sometimes.  This would be dead easy for the ticket retailers to stop,  but why would they when the stand to make 2 lots of profit when a ticket is re-sold through their site.     

45 minutes ago, aasza said:

**Sneaks A Pair Of MBL 101x Into The House**  :fear:

large_1.jpg?lm=1497900458

Fat chance. We got a new tv/entertainment unit yesterday and all it helped do was bring back up the old chesnut "can't we move the speakers further back?"... They are already compromised at 90cm from the back wall rather than the 1m recommendation.

2 hours ago, blybo said:

Fat chance. We got a new tv/entertainment unit yesterday and all it helped do was bring back up the old chesnut "can't we move the speakers further back?"... They are already compromised at 90cm from the back wall rather than the 1m recommendation.

They do also come in white @blybo...... ?

Almost invisible really..... :fear:

4E124137-837B-4F73-8D93-983D4546D16B.jpeg.b300e5f0412c4d83826e5b6589356872.jpeg