JVC DLA Z1 Arrives..

14 minutes ago, DoggieHowser said:

Let me know if you could live with the reduced contrast on the Z1. Recall Javs did a shootout earlier this year but it was with the old firmware. 

I viewed the Z1 early on with the original firmware, but the current firmware takes the Z1 to a new level. Owners i have spoken to who have had the   the JVC X9000/X9500,s do not miss the contrast of the E-Shift units at all. :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DoggieHowser said:

Let me know if you could live with the reduced contrast on the Z1. Recall Javs did a shootout earlier this year but it was with the old firmware. 

Not me, I would love to, never seen a Z1!

Congrats Woofer! Call me when you have collected some thoughts!

2 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Take it off, take it off!

:P

I know right?

Woofer, whats the hold up mate, deets mate, deets!

Hows it look???

Guess you are too busy being stunned by fricken laserbeams.

• Like 1

As you can see in the pics.... i have "had my finger out" adding extra support beams to my rear wall  internally and externally ......and made a custom mount which i am very happy with.. :)

I arranged for a couple of friends to come around this morning to provide some combined muscle.. :thumb:  Got the PJ onto the mount, drank a few cans of coke and then set about putting my room back in order.

Right......last few hours i have been viewing the Z1.... Basically i am "Over the moon" !!!!!!:)  It is honestly beyond  my expectations!!! 

The clarity and depth of the image is truly insane....... i swear the contrast looks to be on the same level as the X9900 and X9500  i have just had set up in my room :ohmy:  The dynamic laser dimming is excellent, and a fade to black is a fade to black as the laser completely shuts off! 

The lack of image noise that always irritated me with the E-Shift is completely gone,  i now understand just what users of this thing meant when they referred to a "Calm" 'Noise free" image. 

Brightness.....have it in spades...  Bluray "Med" laser Iris -8 ........HDR   "Max" Laser  iris -5 . .......  Med Laser is as quiet as the E-shift unit on Low lamp ....Max Laser is "Slightly" louder than High Lamp on the E-Shift units.

So, absolutely couldn't be happier.. :)

Some may put my enthusiasm as justifying my purchase ....DONT really care, ..........all i know is i will be enjoying this thing for quite some time..

If anyone is ever interested in  making a trip up my way , your most welcome to drop in for a demo... 

DSC_0128ww.jpg

DSC_0153ww.jpg

DSC_0158ww.jpg

DSC_0160ww.jpg

Edited by wooferocau
  • Like 4

Had my friend who owns the X9500 we used in the X9900/X9500 comparison around today .

Spent the morning watching many of the various video sections  from the many films we used in the review. We then watched a couple of films full length.

Before getting the Z1 i had real fears i would miss the absolute contrast of my X9500...i voiced this to my friend many times. he was also worried the contrast "loss" of the Z1 would be very noticeable.

Well after today, as well as myself, my friend stated that "to hell with numbers/specifications" Because the Z1 provided the BEST picture he has ever experienced by a mile"!!

Movies that he and myself are very familiar with just take on a whole new look....;.i am honestly still coming to terms on just how sharp and detailed the image is. The image really is a HUGE step up from the E-shift series.

My biggest fear of the "lesser" native contrast of the Z1 is a complete NON issue as it turns out. In nearly all cases it somehow appears to match the X9500 , and in some cases exceed it!! Sometimes measurements mean very little.. 

So , i have absolutely no regrets on laying down the large amount of funds for the Z1...to me its worth every dollar, its way larger upgrade than i had anticipated..:)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, wooferocau said:

Well after today, as well as myself, my friend stated that "to hell with numbers/specifications" Because the Z1 provided the BEST picture he has ever experienced by a mile"!!

Movies that he and myself are very familiar with just take on a whole new look....;.i am honestly still coming to terms on just how sharp and detailed the image is. The image really is a HUGE step up from the E-shift series.

My biggest fear of the "lesser" native contrast of the Z1 is a complete NON issue as it turns out. In nearly all cases it somehow appears to match the X9500 , and in some cases exceed it!! Sometimes measurements mean very little.. 

So , i have absolutely no regrets on laying down the large amount of funds for the Z1...to me its worth every dollar, its way larger upgrade than i had anticipated..:)

Very reassuring about the contrast woofer ; congrats ; this looks like the obvious pick compared to the Sony laser unit . Would it be accurate to say you payed less than the 40k Ive seen these advertised for ? Just a ballpark figure one blink for close or 2 for more will be close enough ;) 

Ive seen a xpr emo power amp on a pallet - never a projector :)  Is the laser light mechanism replaceable at end of life ? Or how does the warranty differ from globe models ? Steams question makes me wonder similarly if its got a THX mode and its colour space accuracy out the box .

Edited by cwt

Why the fascination with the cost?  Just sit back and enjoy the thread of someone who actually owns one and is happy to share their experiences...  :cool:

Another high quality item into a high quality room, great to hear the step up has been worthwhile!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Why the fascination with the cost?  Just sit back and enjoy the thread of someone who actually owns one and is happy to share their experiences...  :cool:

Another high quality item into a high quality room, great to hear the step up has been worthwhile!

Just drawing a bead on how much a theoretical groupbuy would maybe save  ; curiosity that's all. Ime sure theres some trinnov altitude owners that have benefited from a groupbuy and this would be a good droolworthy match :)

Certainly its a good relative value compared to a sony at 60k+ and its something we can aspire to . its also a clue to how much prospective following gen models may be ; but agree not in the market atm in any case and happy to enjoy the thread ..