Sign in to follow this  
Imugly

HD800s - Becextech

14 minutes ago, Imugly said:

Hi friends, 

I want to buy this HD 800s and find the price at Becextech is best atm. 

https://www.becextech.com.au/catalog/hd-800-prt-p-7814.html?language=en#.WgvxsLaB1zo

Anyone buys from this site already? is it good and trustworthy site ? or any recommendation on where else ? 

Thanks, 

Kim

Hi Kim, there's a thread running about them here - 

6 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Hi Kim, there's a thread running about them here - 

Thanks Kaynin, just read that topic. it seems a true site. I also notice you posted there you wanted to buy the same. Did you buy 1 already  and from Becextech as well ? Cheers mate.

@Imugly

DO NOT BUY FROM BECEXTECH !!

They are NOT a certified Australian retailer of Sennheiser products

Despite claiming to be Australian they are actually a Hong Kong based company and have been known to sell parallel/grey import products that have no manufacturer warranty in Australia

Avoid the hassle and buy from a reputable source, even if it costs a little more it will be worth it in the long run.

Edited by aasza

@aasza

Thanks. Well noted.

what parallel/grey import products mean? is the HD800s they selling genuine one ? 

So if they dont sell fake one, it is the cost to take risk on the warranty matter. 

BTW for my knowledge only, Doesnt Sennheiser have worldwide warranty policy, like Apple or else ? I buy Iphone in US, can bring to Apple Aus for warranty. 

Grey/Parallel Imports are products that are sold into a market that aren't sourced from that country's importer/distributor. They are usually open box or sometimes missing bits or have a manual written in a foreign language (ie.. Chinese stock will have Chinese manual and warranty paperwork and German will have German etc..) The products are usually shipped from an overseas warehouse. The extra warranty you can purchase on Bxetech website is for Bxtech themselves to do a refund/exchange or repair of your product which isn't performed by the manufacturer but usually an agent of Bxetech.

Sennheiser distribute their own products in Australia meaning Aussie retailers source their stock direct from Sennheiser Australia with warranty certificates and authenticity paperwork etc..

If it was a $100 pair of headphones I'd probably say go for it but a multi thousand dollar purchase requires a bit more due diligence.

Just My 2c

1 hour ago, Imugly said:

Thanks Kaynin, just read that topic. it seems a true site. I also notice you posted there you wanted to buy the same. Did you buy 1 already  and from Becextech as well ? Cheers mate.

Nope, I listened to the HD800S again and prefer my Hifiman EdX, so bought some Audeze LCD-3's instead.  :)