Stick on star ceiling

Has anybody used glo in the dark stars in there home theatre with success?

Im not taking about the star shaped huge stick on things you put in kids bedrooms but very small, real like stars.

Ive stumbled across a site called www.theglowpatch.com and i must say, these stars really do look brilliant in the photos.

Had anybody installed these by any chance?

Edited by Home theatre rookie

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who's interested, I ended up buying these.

Installed them tonight (about 1000 of them) and i must say, they really do look realistic.

They dont shine bright like optic fibre, so it has to be dark.

They honestly do look just like a night sky with minimal light pollution.

The only thing "lacking" (if you wanted to call it that) is the colours aren't as "twinkley" as a real night sky.

But they do give off an illusion of movement.

If your on the fence, do it. ?

Phone camera wouldn't pick em up unfortunately.

But they look just like the pics on the above link.

• Like 2

There is a fantastic B@B  called The Norfolk Bay Convict Station.' on the way out to Port Arthur. It was originally where the stores for Port Arthur were landed, and then transferred to the Gaol via several miles of prisoner- pushed trolley carts.

Anyway, the bed room we stayed in was rather trippy.

After a night out dining at a local restaurant, we jumped into bed. Like a good sufferer of initial insomnia, I lay there staring at the ceiling. 

After a few minutes the ceiling came ' alive' - I thought the whole roof had slid back, and I was gazing at the night sky.

Rather alarming actually.

The owners had decorated the ceiling with glow in the dark stars and galaxies, which were activated by the lights, but only became visible after your eyes adjusted to a few minutes of darkness.

I presume it's still there.

Let your fingers do the walking.

Our room was the one to the photo right of that door.

Billy.

image.jpeg

• Like 3