mlinvpp

SOLD: FS: (SYD) Audio Research Reference 3 pre amplifier

Item: Audio Research Reference 3 pre amp
Price: $4495
Item Condition: Great working order, refer to photos
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Up for sale is my Audio Research Ref 3 pre amp, great working order and very low tube hours, I have original box, manual and remote.

Pick up preferred but shipping can be arrange at buyers cost.

http://www.audioresearch.com/ContentsFiles/REF 3 Manual.pdf

Pictures:

P1000670.jpg

P1000672.jpg

P1000673.jpg

P1000674.jpg

P1000677.jpg

P1000676.jpg

Guest scumbag

I think there are a lot of people including myself who wish they had 4k handy to grab this! 

So how many times will you sell a ref3 only to buy another one 6 months later Mike?

Stella pre, top shelf seller. Highly recommended  !

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LukevanO
      Item: Audio Research VSi60, Martin Logan EM-ESLs (pair), Auralic mini, power conditioning and all cabling
      Price: $5000 for the lot (prefer no split)
      Item Condition: Excellent all round, Auralic a bit yellowed from sun.
      Reason for selling: Cashflow crisis
      Payment Method: Pickup only - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info: Amp and speakers were listed separately, now throwing in the other items to get this sold,  due to a cashflow crisis (still ongoing!) forcing me to part with the system I always dreamed of. It’s all boxed up now at my home for quick sale, all in perfectly sweet working order, looks as new - with the exception of the Auralic mini. Really can’t deal with organizing shipping but am happy for an intermediary to hand over cash and collect for a courier. Sorry- lots going on! The amp alone is worth the $5k 🤦🏼‍♂️

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By GroovyGuru
      A completely new direction for me, so I'm starting a new thread.  Adding this to the old thread did not make sense. 

Said I'd stay away from valve pwr amps; and had reservations about horns, but stuff comes up and I made a change to what I never envisaged.  It sounds good, but still more changes to come.  

From Magneplanar 20.7 to Trio XD.  From AVM MA 8.2 to AR Ref 160M.  From Koetsu Onyx to Ortofon MC Anna.  The Onyx had a low output resulting in the phonostage running out of gain on the MG20.7.  The MC Anna has even lower output, but luckily the change to Trio XD gives me plenty of gain to easily cover the low output of the MC Anna. 

For over two decades I have not been happy with my analog set up.  It has under performed.   I think I needed to use a step up transformer for the Onyx and have the Onyx retipped by Koetsu.  With the MC Anna I love my analog sound. 

The Trio is not flat to 100hz.  The REL does not go much above 120hz.  We have a problem Houston.  No midbass in the current setup.  I've been moving the subs around, but there is no cure for component limitations. (See Later, I changed Trio setup).

These pictures are ugly, but I'm an audiophile not a bloomin' home decorator. 

The setup is Ortofon MC Anna on Graham 1.5t on Aura tt.  AR ph8 phonostage. AR Ref 6 preamp. AR Ref 160M pwr amp. Trio XD maiin speakers. REL 212se subs.  Cables are Audioquest and Synergistic Research.  Two dedicated 20A circuits and 2 dedicated 15A circuits.  Custom fuses on any component that needs them.  They do reduce noise floor. 

• By Realrift
      Item: Audio Research D400 Mkii Power Amp, 200W/channel @8ohm
      Price: $1800
      Item Condition: Very good for age
      Reason for selling: Downsizing audio equipment
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Link to Audio Research specs:
      ARCDB - D400
      WWW.ARCDB.WS  
      I have owned this powerful solid state amp for many years. It can handle pretty much any speaker you wish to play with it. Its now a bit big for my needs and doesn't get used much. There is thin vertical scratch on the left sidefront fascia. It may be able to be polished out. I have left it alone as it doesn't affect the sound.
      This a 240v model.

Happy to demo for anyone interested.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By GroovyGuru
      I have been admiring all the systems being showcased and all of them look terrific.  Beautifully set up in gorgeous or inviting rooms.  I look at my rig and the best I can say is it looks industrial.  I have industrial high-end audio.  It has always been a case of form follows function for me.  I try to get it to sound right first and then think about prettying it up. I am thinking of buying a Symposium Isis rack to pretty it up but I have to balance that purchase against buying a pair of Magnepan DWM woofers.

The first rule to putting a good system together is getting the right speaker for the room.  Ofcourse, I did not start off with the MG20.7 and I'm not really a fan of planar speakers, but for the price, the MG20.7 is perfect for this room.  I never ever thought I would reach this level of sound in my life time, but you keep improving the system and one day you'll find you are listening to good sound, not just okay sound. 

When I bought this place I envisaged it as a music listening room.  I ended up surprising myself by how good it is.

I bought the Aura+Graham 1.5t secondhand from Mike Kontor when he was at Armadale.  A few years ago he told me he sold his Aura tt.  I think this tt was his.