Item: Rotel RA-840BX3 integrated amplifier
Price: $199
Item Condition: 7/10
Reason for selling: Too much gear... overdue purge
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra info: 
This Rotel is one sweet amplifier. From the 90's if I remember correctly.

Typically over-engineered in Rotel fashion, this amp has a beguiling sound that is just so easy to listen to all day... hallmark of a great amplifier. Its deceiving aswell - its small in size but very powerful with real current drive. Was very well regarded in it's day.

I've owned this since new, so its it very good condition. A few small nicks and scratches, and some of the lables are wearing off the facia slightly, but on the whole exceptional for its age.

This amp is perfect if you have a retro setup, or want to put together a really nice retro analog setup - just add a Rega RP3 (it has a good Phono stage to plug in your MM or MC cartridge/turntable), the Denon cassette deck and Denon tuner from my other listings, and a pair of nice standmount B&W or Dynaudios from the 90's

Please note that the Denon tuner is for sale on another page. If you want all 3 (this deck, Rotel amp and the Denon tuner), I'll throw in the tuner for free.

Pictures:

front.jpg

rear.jpg

front detail.jpg

rear2.jpg

top of amp.jpg

Edited by Max Headroom
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VinylChef
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Edgecliff State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgraditis PRICE DROP!
      Why Buy?
      Built in 1999, with one main owner since then, this is a great example of a fantastically capable Rotel power amplifier.
      Featuring an inhouse-built, oversized toroidal transformer and easily configured for bridged mono mode, it has plenty of power for any speaker down to 4 ohms, and a lovely warm detailed sound to boot.
      Recently serviced and given a clean bill of health by Rage Audio (with only minor repairs needed), it is immaculate mechanically and electronically, with the only blemish being pitting and roughness on the top cover.

Specifications
      Power output: 130 watts per channel into 8ohms (stereo), 360W into 8ohms (mono)
      Frequency response: 10Hz to 100kH
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.03%
      Damping factor: 500
      Input sensitivity: 1V
      Signal to noise ratio: 120dB
      Speaker load impedance: 4ohms (minimum)
      Dimensions: 440 x 121 x 327mm
      Weight: 10.3kg

Photos

• By Wilde
      Item Condition: Mint condition, as new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Changing to a home theatre setup This amplifier is in perfect condition. It is less than four months old and has not seen much use. It is without any flaws, and is not marked or damaged in any way. 

I have the original box, receipts and flyers. The amplifier is still under warranty. Only selling because I’m moving to a home theatre system

• By MAXXX
      Item Condition: Used, excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: WA Payment Method: Bank transfer, PayPal (friend), COD Reason for selling: NLR Further information:  Purchased mid October  here in Perth from "Leeming42" , mint condition. (no dents, scratches etc)

No original box so local buyers preferred, happy to demo.

Shipping (Australia only) is $35 via courier with tracking.

Current model, RRP is $1799, on sale for $1600 in few  online shops...

https://klappav.com.au/products/rb-1552-mk-ii
      https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/rotel-rb-1552-mk-ii-stereo-power-amplifier.html

Power Configurations: 2 x 120 watts (20Hz-20kHz, <0.03%, 8 Ohms)
      Watts/Channel: 130 watts, all channels driven, 8 ohm load, 20-20kHz
      THD (20-20,000Hz) 8 Ohms, all channels driven: < 0.03%
      IM Distortion: < 0.03%
      Damping Factor (8 Ohms): 500

Input Impedance / Sensitivity
      Unbalanced: 12k Ohms/1.5 volt
      Balanced: 50k Ohms/2.5 volt

Frequency Response (+/-1dB): 4 - 100kHz (+0.5dB, -3dB)
      S/N Ratio (IHF A): 120dB
      Power Consumption: 400 watts
      Dimensions (W x H x D): 431 x 144 x 340 mm
      Front Panel Height: 3 U (5.25”)
      Shipping Weight: 14.3 Kg

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By tommy100
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Penshurst State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Paypal Reason for selling: Cash Further information:  Great integrated amplifier which gets very good reviews.  It is a lot more powerful and punchy than specs suggest, have used them with 86 db speakers and never need to push the volume more than halfway, and has plenty of grip on the bass.  I am selling this as it for a second setup that isn't getting used much.  Includes all original manuals, box, and remote.  Priced to sell.

Photos:

• By Steam
      Item Condition: Ok. Working Fine but not beautiful Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Woodend State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information:

I am the original owner of the pre and the 980.  The 850 was purchased of eBay years ago.    I kept them because I had always thought I would use the 980 (160W @ 8Ohms) plus the bridged 850 (similar power) would make a good trio of amps for the front three HT channels.  Turns out I just never used them.  I have been stirring them in the shed and so it’s time to go.  Cosmetic condition is conservative 5 out of 10.  Scratches and dust and a few scuff marks.  Actually look worse in the photos.  I broke the plastic cover on the speaker terminal on the 980 so replaced it with a nice brass terminal - much nicer than the plastic and I always meant to replace all of them.  The pre is missing a plastic knob.  You can swap the know around if you need to switch.  I doubt anyone wants the pre but it could be useful to someone - note it has a phono input.   I tested them all yesterday and they all work fine.   At this point I will not separate.  I have the original manual for the pre and the 890 but no boxes.   I work near Royal Melbourne hospital so could meet someone in central melb to hand over.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved