Marantz SR-6007 good buy, even without haggling.

I have the eariler SR-6004 of this and it's the best Japanese SR amp I've had so far, beating out the Denon's and the Yamaha's of equal vintage and wattage.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bondi-beach/stereo-systems/marantz-av-surround-reciever-sr6007/1164979829

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

seems rather cheap ? for what it is ? but usual gum tree caveats. also and you'd know this to pay no attention to wattage claims as in typical AVR fashion it has more connection to marketing than real capability. i.e. optimistically specd.  also not fully specd for current 4K requirements or atmos requirements as long as aware of that. keep in mind denon and marantz are cousins under the same D&M umbrella so lot of similarities some benefits with the marantz with its hdam units, dac and analog stage power supply etc but can often be little difference between the brands with voicing etc. but either way they make for great AVRs :)

hmm thats about all a non atmos/dtsx/full 4k processing,no 2.2 protocal, with only audyssey multi EQXT avr is worth..  i would guess that $500 would have been the final haggle price. but if it does what you want the above features are meaningless as they are for me. (i run denon 4308 and 4311 )