FS: McIntosh MC452 - BRAND NEW IN BOX

Item: McIntosh MC452 Quad balanced power amplifier
Price: $11,900
Item Condition: As NEW, never used, still in original packaging
Reason for selling: Kept for a second system, which my apartment doesn't accommodate, so surplus to needs as I have two
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Used once to test, still in original packaging with all manuals.documentation

Having a bit of a clean out, with some seriously high end gear going at a fraction of RRP. The MC452 at 450W X 2 at all ohms is McIntosh's current model, most powerful 2 channel power amp.

The unit is flawless and indistinguishable from new. Was purchased 3 years ago along with another MC452 as well as an MC303 and MX151. I use the MC452 for two channel music and the L/R in my 5.2 setup.

At 450 watts per channel, the MC452 is the most powerful McIntosh stereo amplifier and utilizes the latest advancements in circuit and cosmetic design. With the MC452, the latest circuit components are deployed in the classic McIntosh Quad Balanced design that cancels noise for impeccable audio performance. 

It features the world famous McIntosh Autoformer, which guarantees your speakers will always receive the full 450 watts regardless of their impedance, while Power Guard® will prevent clipping that could damage your speakers. Your speaker cables are easily but securely attached with our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that are gold-plated to prevent corrosion. 

"Lacking any discernible flaws it struck me just how good of an amplifier this was. When a piece of equipment does not call attention to itself but rather gets out of music’s way to let it express its very nature you know it is on to something good. Song after song that was how it was with the McIntosh MC452." - Enjoy The Music 

"The McIntosh C2500 and MC452 excel at spectacular dynamic expression, beautiful and accurate tonality, satisfying detail retrieval, and the recreation of a generous sound field." - Audio Esoterica 

I'm also selling the accompanying McIntosh MX151 at $4,900 ($21,500 new) as well as a pair of brand new REVEL GEM 2's at $9,900 ($19,250 new), for the pair without stands.

Be quick, this is seriously good value, ultra high end gear.

Reviews

http://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=7928

http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=210:McIntosh

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0812/mcintosh_mc452_review.htm
Pictures: 

MC452 2.png

MC452 3.jpg

MC452.png

20171107_163407.png

Edited by jimbo1
Added picture
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

I think this was what was driving the Sonus Fabers in a room at the Hi Fi show and it sounded utterly gorgeous, a big tonal sound, very powerful, unless I am mistaken.

Good price, GLWTS

You are right. It was the mc425 that powered the SF floorstanders. I was very impressed with this combo and have spent a considerable amount of time listening it. love it~!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
On 07/11/2017 at 4:28 PM, jimbo1 said:

Item: McIntosh MC452 Quad balanced power amplifier
Price: $11,900
Item Condition: As NEW, never used, still in original packaging
Reason for selling: Kept for a second system, which my apartment doesn't accommodate, so surplus to needs as I have two
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Used once to test, still in original packaging with all manuals.documentation

Having a bit of a clean out, with some seriously high end gear going at a fraction of RRP. The MC452 at 450W X 2 at all ohms is McIntosh's current model, most powerful 2 channel power amp.

The unit is flawless and indistinguishable from new. Was purchased 3 years ago along with another MC452 as well as an MC303 and MX151. I use the MC452 for two channel music and the L/R in my 5.2 setup.

At 450 watts per channel, the MC452 is the most powerful McIntosh stereo amplifier and utilizes the latest advancements in circuit and cosmetic design. With the MC452, the latest circuit components are deployed in the classic McIntosh Quad Balanced design that cancels noise for impeccable audio performance. 

It features the world famous McIntosh Autoformer, which guarantees your speakers will always receive the full 450 watts regardless of their impedance, while Power Guard® will prevent clipping that could damage your speakers. Your speaker cables are easily but securely attached with our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that are gold-plated to prevent corrosion. 

"Lacking any discernible flaws it struck me just how good of an amplifier this was. When a piece of equipment does not call attention to itself but rather gets out of music’s way to let it express its very nature you know it is on to something good. Song after song that was how it was with the McIntosh MC452." - Enjoy The Music 

"The McIntosh C2500 and MC452 excel at spectacular dynamic expression, beautiful and accurate tonality, satisfying detail retrieval, and the recreation of a generous sound field." - Audio Esoterica 

I'm also selling the accompanying McIntosh MX151 at $4,900 ($21,500 new) as well as a pair of brand new REVEL GEM 2's at $9,900 ($19,250 new), for the pair without stands.

Be quick, this is seriously good value, ultra high end gear.

Reviews

http://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=7928

http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=210:McIntosh

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0812/mcintosh_mc452_review.htm
Pictures: 

MC452 2.png

MC452 3.jpg

MC452.png

20171107_163407.png

Still available