Reviews on my cheap Van Damme RCA & XLR interconnects

I thought I would start a thread on My Van Damme cables

I have made up quite a few now for members of SNA, and as I only charge what it takes me to make them up and free postage,  ( so at $50 for a 1m cable,  I’m not retiring from making these )  I would love some feedback from anyone who has had a set for a little while 

cheers 

Bill 

Edited by Bill125812
  • Like 2

Yes.
This cable is perfect and you save a lot of money.
Ι'm  listening my new toy for about tow weeks now and i mean Van Damme interconnects,
I put your cables in an Valve intamb 2a3 3.5 Wat per channel, AVI cd player and Mission 782 a small monitor 
From 2000.
I believe is more detailed and rich than my Nordost black and DNM reason which I hear this time.
Next week I test it in the system of my son: Nu-vista300 pre-power amp, Sonographe CDplayer and Cabasse speakers.

Bill is a top bloke to deal with. Got a pair of RCA not long ago, still going through the burning stage. My first impressions are that these are cheap in price but not in the sound it offers which is on the rich and warm. 

Good stuff. 

10 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Are you using the VD mic cable Bill?

I had a roll of it ages ago to make up some mic leads and used the leftover for IC's.

I thought it was great.

Not using the Standard mic cable.      All the IC’s are also soldered with silver solder and double heat shrink over the solder   Then techflex.    Lots of insulation 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Hi Bill, are your RCA's shielded?

Van Damme Pro Grade Classic XKE Instrument Cable is a relatively low capacitance unbalanced audio cable for use with unbalanced output devices. Its tight construction and dual screens of conductive thermoplastic and close lapped copper spiral ensure noise free handling and excellent noise rejection

57356A9C-7C61-46FC-8C16-FECE099E2D52.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bill125812 said:

Van Damme Pro Grade Classic XKE Instrument Cable is a relatively low capacitance unbalanced audio cable for use with unbalanced output devices. Its tight construction and dual screens of conductive thermoplastic and close lapped copper spiral ensure noise free handling and excellent noise rejection

Does that mean it is good for Phono cables? I am after a pair from my tonearm to phonostage.

23 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Does that mean it is good for Phono cables? I am after a pair from my tonearm to phonostage.

Yes mate.   I was using a commercial cable which did cause a little hum.   Tried everything to fix the issue.   Made up one of my cables and the hum was gone.  

Ive replaced all my expensive cables with my own. Some rca. Some xlr.   

• Like 1

Thanks for the cables Bill. I have used them for a few days and they are an absolute bargain for the price. As good as cables priced at a few hundred dollars. Great through the entire range. No harshness, while still remaining neutral. 

Thanks again. 

I received Bill’s cables last week.  They’re very well constructed, soft and flexible, which is exactly what I was after. Bill made me 4 sets, which covers my whole system. They replace 3 sets of NVA Sound Cord and 1 set of a Belden/Nuetrik (which runs from Phono to Pre). I've only listened to DAC and CDP so far, so comparison applies to the NVA cables. Right off the bat, they're amazing! The soundstage has increased not in width, but depth; therefore instruments are better positioned, separated, and easier to follow. There's more detail, or the perception of more detail, due to this separation/definition. Complex passages are also easier to listen to. Transients are definitely more pronounced and defined, while at the same time being easier on the ears. Overall the cables seem more neutral, and less harsh or coloured. This is after brief listening, to a few albums only! I’ll post my thoughts again in a week or two.

• Like 1

Hi Bill,

Any chance you could make me another pair of your RCA cables?  1M would do.

CD player is going well- just have to find a more permanent arrangement for it!

No rush.

Thanks

Tim

Edited by Tim D

29 minutes ago, Tim D said:

Hi Bill,

Any chance you could make me another pair of your RCA cables?  1M would do.

CD player is going well- just have to find a more permanent arrangement for it!

No rush.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim 

sure mate. 

Just pm me please 

cheers 

On 11/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, Bill125812 said:

Any reason you didn't use the XKE Pro Patch cable which has a twisted pair plus braided shielding or the XKE Star Quad?  Both are superior Van Damme cables, and don't cost much more.

Guest Muon N'
3 hours ago, PicoWattson said:

@gmdb neither of those cable you mentioned are coaxial which I imagine constitutes a large part of its goodness.

Well the proof is in the pudding as they say, the XKE Pro Patch cable Geoff is suggesting works very well!

Edit: I haven't used the Star Quad but know some that rate it highly also. But Van Damme make quality stuff and no doubt the instrument cable is good also, but for low level like a phono cable I'd prefer both signal and return both shielded. I actually use a coax on line level but a solid core silver clad copper center conductor.

Edited by Muon N'

8 hours ago, gmdb said:

Any reason you didn't use the XKE Pro Patch cable which has a twisted pair plus braided shielding or the XKE Star Quad?  Both are superior Van Damme cables, and don't cost much more.

Hi Geoff 

As Picco Wattson mentioned, I prefer the coax cable.   I have tried both your suggestions, and to me the coax seems to produce a better sound teamed with the AMPHENOL RCA’s.     I suppose it’s all a question of personnel preference.