:)al's (Bi)Annual Swap meet GTG

evil c

As a warm up for the coming Hifi Show weekend, @:) al decided to hold his usual Annual Swap meet GTG last Sunday with a large assortment of SNA's, (dodgy),characters!

The weather turned it on with warm sunny conditions, oh and blowing a gale with al's infamous grapevine's trained on his pergolah raining a steady rate of pollen into everyon'e wine glasses!

Here we see everyone pretending to be nonchalant , ready to spring into action at the next tasty bargain presented!

@blybo brought a box of records he was giving away for free, I managed to snaffle 2 warped scratched one's after @Martykt had snaffled the vast majority of them! :(

59fa99e85b2f0_minglingebefcf1d36363bf8f59d6.jpg.97e572f64516b270d7ad7d8c588f8aef.jpg

The feast commenced with al on BBQ duties creating Tandoori Chicken.

59fa9ad24bc0f_alhardatwork_125918.thumb.jpg.c81d4edc09d761cede1e0dd758be9fbe.jpg

And boy was it good!! (must have been one of my recipes) :wub:

tandoori_131610.thumb.jpg.f5d8446741f1323865d835d5f68f95f9.jpg

Here we see @agelessgoodguy  refusing to hand over a plate to a bemused @buddyev so he can hog the Chicken for himself!

59fa9d3f37b08_platefight9_131601.thumb.jpg.0cdb468ee0d255f69016154befd0dd92.jpg

@:)al and @Tubularbells  hard at work with pizzas ready to cook

59faa001cbc17_TBal.jpg.4518a3ca4ab0f370649c1f42b53a2645.jpg.c988b5c793c286f2b8b537dc64c3e2e4.jpg

and boy what a feast it was with a myriad of scrumptious salads, al's delicious Pizzas and @Tubularbells succulent smoky Pulled Pork!

feasting_132331.thumb.jpg.5ffbb73840224cebf474e988bb79df94.jpg

Raise a glass to our host and to GTG's!

59fa9ea7d99ce_atoast_132330.thumb.jpg.6ca0ebbc0f1cadd3b58dd188b4af9d35.jpg

Dangerous Dan (@darth vader ) forming a fist when he sees the camera pointing toward him! :ermm:

59fa9f7096ac6_dangerousDan_143055.thumb.jpg.687a126414e7433c53c29dafb6b83e93.jpg

@Black Orange

20171029_133402.thumb.jpg.7f72218e7b2b2d1b94cafc0d6f7c4e11.jpg

Some of us attempted to take the day seriously and actually present sale goods in a professional way!

\

59faa05b46937_salegear.d57d152c5cad8089d172b7681fccf060.jpg.27eaf3e0f46bade6363e9b15ad109c21.jpg

So the Grand result??

A few CD's and records sold with blybo selling a Blu Ray player declared the winner.

Although we all felt like winners being at another of al's fine GTG's - until next Year al !:thumb:

• Like 6

Thanks @evil c i was amazed how it turned from a trash treasure, buy swap sell meet to a food and drink extravaganza ! and there was so much lovely food people brought along.   @Tubularbells went above and beyond with the lovely pulled pork. but we also had @darth vader 's famous bourbon bacon. and then your cake and @Kaynin amazing cup cakes, @blybo's wifes also famous potato salad and all the other things people brought along ! . 

am so pleased the weather hung in there to make for such a lovely day ! 

you had some lovely gear to evil pity no one snapped it up. bit like that Dami Lee CD of my wifes that I was quietly trying to get rid off ... no takers :D 

oh look someone even left me a gift ! 

38053768706_62f578d4ba_c.jpg

amazing looked mint, never looks like ever been played ! @Martykt and I couldnt resist giving it a spin. I can understand now why its never been played :D

thanks @buddyev:D 

looking for ward to this hopefully again this time next year  :thumb:

• Haha 2

Indeed it was a great day (apart from my car accident on the way there) and yeah  it was a foodies paradise.  Funny thing is I didn't really get to enjoy your nice system so look forward to next years event (where im not driving  :lol:

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Thanks for a fun day @:) al and thanks for the Atmos demo. 

Dont forget the bacon tacos:thumb:

you re welcome DV,

and oh yes the bacon tacos :D 

16 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Indeed it was a great day (apart from my car accident on the way there) and yeah  it was a foodies paradise.  Funny thing way I didn't really get to enjoy your nice system so look forward to next years event (where im not driving  :lol:) . 

yes pity wiht the bingle on the way, welcome next time around, with more fun time sans car :D 

39 minutes ago, :) al said:

Thanks @evil c i was amazed how it turned from a trash treasure, buy swap sell meet to a food and drink extravaganza ! and there was so much lovely food people brought along.   @Tubularbells went above and beyond with the lovely pulled pork. but we also had @darth vader 's famous bourbon bacon. and then your cake and @Kaynin amazing cup cakes, @blybo's wifes also famous potato salad and all the other things people brought along ! . 

am so pleased the weather hung in there to make for such a lovely day ! 

you had some lovely gear to evil pity no one snapped it up. bit like that Dami Lee CD of my wifes that I was quietly trying to get rid off ... no takers :D 

oh look someone even left me a gift ! 

38053768706_62f578d4ba_c.jpg

amazing looked mint, never looks like ever been played ! @Martykt and I couldnt resist giving it a spin. I can understand now why its never been played :D

thanks @buddyev:D 

looking for ward to this hopefully again this time next year  :thumb:

I wondered what happened to my much loved Rubicon album - it’s an under-rated classic which I paid serious money for. It’s a sorry state when your mates steal your vinyl - and then don’t even appreciate it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, buddyev said:

I wondered what happened to my much loved Rubicon album - it’s an under-rated classic which I paid serious money for. It’s a sorry state when your mates steal your vinyl - and then don’t even appreciate it. 

Should have given it to me as I reckon it looks pretty cool (at least judging by the record sleeve) 

34 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Should have given it to me as I reckon it looks pretty cool (at least judging by the record sleeve) 

was quite the hit apparently... some time  ... some where :D 

Fantastic day at @:) al's place !!

Thank you Al for your wonderful hospitality as usual. :) 

Was great to catch with everyone too.

What can I say early bird gets the worm.... definitely managed to snag some absolute gems which are definitely being enjoyed...... :yes:

........sorry Clive..... :sorry: 

There's still Rubicon and Dami there waiting for you...... :thumb: 

What can I say the food was amazing !!

Great work to everyone who contributed.

Didn't need much dinner afterwards.......

All in all great day, look forward to next years event !!

• Like 1

Bloated is a word that comes to mind when I think back to the food extravaganza we suffered at Al's hand last Sunday. But would I suffer it again? you bettcha. Thanks to the two purchasers of my gear, I see Evil took a pic of his gear with my Radar detector in it still for sale hint hint. It'd be nice if he (Al) could train his grapes not to seed on our party though, productive buggars they are...

Thanks matey, great gig, see you there again next year I hope.....

• Like 1

Yep, it has been a while since at Al's, but was a fantastic day.  Unfortunately I had to duck away to work after lunch and missed the Atmos demo, ah well, there's always next time  :thumb:

I still remember the flavourful and succulent pork, the American beans, slaw and tasty bourbon bacon...oh man, that was excellent.  Things got very, very quiet when it was feeding time!!!  :party

• Like 1