I have been using  Broadlink products to remotely turn on Lamps power amps ,air con, anything that a ir remote can do, and with the rm pro also able to control those rf remote switches (Never thought Id see that). I just use the basic e-control software which is 100% reliable for cheap control through my mobile phone and tablet.Amazing for the money. There are more advanced software you can use  to add voice control with amazon echo.  This is a great way to back up all your remotes too.

Broadlink.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just got one of these mainly for replacing all those remotes! Have 2 Harmony's and hate both of them - useless for dark rooms. Just started playing with configuring the app and all, looks like I'll end up doing most under the user defined templates. Would be good if they had more templates and icons. Unit does RF fans etc. Doing your own scenes for multiple control is where it's going to shine I think.

It should be fun playing with it all.

Doesn't look like many StereoNetter's use it though.

Hi, yes its a great way to back up all your remotes. Affordable and reliable. There are others using a different  program to run all their broadlink stuff but its probably too advanced for me, but it  is far more flexible and can link to alexa for voice control. I would like to see a dimmer added for lighting. I was able to learn old rf switches which is great. Very useful indeed.

couchy, you don't happen to have foxtel do you? I can't seem to get the Broadlink to successfully do a foxtel remote. I'm guessing it's due to the 56KHz IR of foxtel compared to standard 38KHz. However there are a couple of shared configs you can download that work so somebody has figured out how to get it to learn it.

Wondering if there is some trick to it.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a way (I think) to bridge the Broadlink hardware to HomeKit. See the homebridge open source project. There is a plug-in for the broadlink but I haven’t got it going yet.

Anyone else tried this?