Where to start?

It was so good. So enjoyable.

Missus isn’t always happy with superhero movies but she liked this. Almost as much as first Avenger movie.

Comedic timing. Great chemistry. Anthony Hopkins.

After watching the mess that was Transformers Last Knight - oddly enough also featuring Anthony Hopkins, this was so much fun. Like Last Knight, Thor also featured multiple characters, oddly timed comedic moments, and multiple threads.

But there was no slack in this one. I could have done without the dinner date in Last Knight (what on earth was that about), the needlessly pointless ambiguity, the Hopkins rambling and pontification before the big reveal. I mean who the f were the First Knight robots and were they Primes?

Sorry too angry over how Transformers ended.

So Ragnarok was just bloody awesome. From start to end.

I won’t give too much away.

Only to say - go see it in the cinema.

• Like 2

I saw Thor:Ragnarok tonight. I LOLed out loud many times. It's got Thor the Bogan, a Kiwi alien, Our Cate, a balrog, a large anus, and a couple of street scenes and waterfalls around Brisbane.

Two thumbs up.

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 2

Also saw this on Friday with the wife.

Everything said here is true, no #fakenews.

A very modern-retro feel, combining the best bits of Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 (visual style and character interaction) and the latest Spiderman: Homecoming (humour) but taking all of that up a notch or two.

Aussies and Kiwis will get more from the humour than others I suspect, the story was very good (unlike Guardians vol.2), the music fit in perfectly with the visual themes and some of the cameos were fantastic (the 'tragedy of Loki' play!).

Only weaknesses, in my opinion...obvious green screen use for the Odin/Norway scenes, some of the action sequences were a tad underwhelming and Loki's interactions were a bit out of character.

Overall though, a solid 8.5/10 for entertainment (it's pure fun, no thinking required).

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 8:02 AM, ~Spyne~ said:

Also saw this on Friday with the wife.

Everything said here is true, no #fakenews.

A very modern-retro feel, combining the best bits of Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 (visual style and character interaction) and the latest Spiderman: Homecoming (humour) but taking all of that up a notch or two.

Aussies and Kiwis will get more from the humour than others I suspect, the story was very good (unlike Guardians vol.2), the music fit in perfectly with the visual themes and some of the cameos were fantastic (the 'tragedy of Loki' play!).

Only weaknesses, in my opinion...obvious green screen use for the Odin/Norway scenes, some of the action sequences were a tad underwhelming and Loki's interactions were a bit out of character.

Overall though, a solid 8.5/10 for entertainment (it's pure fun, no thinking required).

I'm with you... 8/10 for me as I thought some of the characters too weak, and they spoiled the story.

But plenty of laughs out loud - which is something you can't say for *most* superhero dross out of Hollywood these days.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes wife and I loved it too. She has it as favourite Superhero movie, I have it just behind Deadpool. Waititi as Korg was awesome. Absolutely fantastic delivery of lines. It just further shows the gap between DC and Marvel movies for mine.

3 hours ago, RockandorRoll said:

I must be the only one who thinks that the Kiwi Rock man was the worst thing about the movie. A joke every now and then is ok, but i grew tired of him really quickly. Jar Jar Binks tired...

To be fair though, the rock/kiwi guy is only a small part of the movie.

I'm not really a big fan of these type of movies but I lol'd a couple of times and appreciated a little bit more Tony Hopkin's spin on taking money for jam in his reprisal of Odin. Why wouldn't you accept that amount of moolah on offer.

Rating? Pfft, who cares in the end. 20 yrs from now it'll be forgotten like a Brendan Fraser movie.

A good way to wile away an hour an 40 minutes.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was sceptical of this after seeing the trailers. Couldn’t finish Hunt so was not a fan of the director as such.. Seeing Thor with short hair and saying the “he’s a friend from work” line, turned me off. It just looked lazy. But then I watched it and was thoroughly entertained. The comedy work well in the context of the movie and aside from disliking the way Hulk was portrayed and given too much dialogue, I really enjoyed this. I was back into the Marvel fold... but then I watched Black Panther... that’s another story.

• Like 2