Who's going Friday???

Guest yamaha_man

@BATMAQN @frankn @Yamaha Man  (and anyone else who wants to join us for lunch) -

There's no where close to get a bite apart from the show venue itself (IIRC).  I'd suggest we meet at the front entrance at, say, 1200?  We can go from there. There should be a bar or restaurant open at the venue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chickenism said:

@BATMAQN @frankn @Yamaha Man  (and anyone else who wants to join us for lunch) -

There's no where close to get a bite apart from the show venue itself (IIRC).  I'd suggest we meet at the front entrance at, say, 1200?  We can go from there. There should be a bar or restaurant open at the venue. 

Sounds like a solid plan to me surely there's somewhere there we can get some lunch it'll be fine 1200 suits me. 

Moggy and I tried to book lunch at the restaurant there - Windows I think it is called. We were told they don't do lunch but do dinner and that is also where brekky is for the sleepover crowd.

We have to find lunch somewhere else. But are booked in dinner.

11 hours ago, Chickenism said:

I'm told thee are other eateries within a few hundred yards of the hotel. Can't say for sure. 

• Administrator

I should really document it and add an "Eating" section to the show website.

After last year's show, however, the hotel realised they'd dropped the ball on that part of the event.

This year I am reliably informed there are far more food options available from the cafe, along with snacks and "to order" from the bar.

The only external option I'm aware of is a sushi bar around the corner.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yamaha Man said:

Port Melbourne has some nice places to eat, 5 minute uber drive from venue.

32 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Good cafes on Fitzroy st (about 1.5km away)

Happy to hop in an Uber 

34 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Or walk ... it's not that far 

Yes, very true.  70% chance of showers though, but otherwise it's a nice walk from Fitzroy St. through the parklands/ovals and Albert Park lake. 

• Administrator

Just met with the venue staff. There will be no shortage of food options let me assure you. They've gone above and beyond (perhaps over the top even).
It would of course be nice to support them in return - provided the costs are not exorbitant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marc said:

Just met with the venue staff. There will be no shortage of food options let me assure you. They've gone above and beyond (perhaps over the top even).
It would of course be nice to support them in return - provided the costs are not exorbitant.

To be honest I'm quite happy to stay for lunch at the venue if there's decent food to be had, I'm only there the Friday so time is important to me.

• Like 1

Guest yamaha_man
1 hour ago, Chickenism said:

So should we revert to Plan A and meet at the front at 1200? I too am perfectly happy to eat at the venue. Saves a lot of hassle with Uber’s/walking/whatever. 

Cheers Dave

That's the plan! :thumb:

Look for the bloke with only 1 middle finger on his right hand 

(EDIT Hawking a pair of KRELL Monos at the main entrance)

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Chickenism said:

So should we revert to Plan A and meet at the front at 1200? I too am perfectly happy to eat at the venue. Saves a lot of hassle with Uber’s/walking/whatever. 

Cheers Dave

Sounds good to me.