SOLD: FS: [MEL] Oracle Delphi MkII

SOLD

Item: Oracle Delphi MkII Turntable, Wall Shelf & Acrylic Cover
Price: $1750.00
Item Condition: Used, but in very good condition
Reason for selling: Upgrade
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Well, I never I thought this day would come. After 10+ years of faithful service, it is time to sell my Oracle Delphi MkII.

As can be seen from the photos below, the turntable is in very good condition. The only issue is that the Oracle light does not work.

It comes complete with acrylic platter mat and 6 armboards - a blank, an Audio Technica AT-1100, an Audiomods / Rega RB, a Moerch DP, an SME, and another unknown.

Both the Michell spikes & cups and the original feet are included, along with the original calibrator disc. 

I have been using a custom power supply (Sonic Art Audio), but also have the original psu (120V).

I got a Maintenance Kit a few years ago - the old springs and suspension tower components plus the belt are thrown in.

Included in the sale is the wall shelf and the acrylic dustcover.

Local pickup is preferred as I don't have the packing boxes.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Pictures:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

Edited by patrol42td
Changed original PSU Voltage from 110 to 120. Included acrylic platter mat.
  • Like 1

Hi Qwertyqaz,

As far as I am aware, MkII Delphi's were produced between 1984-1987.

I purchased the turntable on eBay back in early 2007 from a seller in USA.

From what I can remember, the seller indicated that the suspension internals were bought up to MkV spec - I might still have the paperwork from the purchase, I'll do my best to find it and upload a photo or 2.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Stever,

Yes, I did buy it on eBay from a seller in the USA.

The motor is DC, but the original psu that came with the turntable is 120V AC to 27V DC, which obviously isn't suitable here in Australia.

So I purchased a 230V AC to 27V DC custom power supply from Sonic Art Audio.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Rori,

I looked but couldn't find the original documents - obviously put them in a safe place back in 2007!

I will take some pictures and upload them. All I can add is that the suspension tower internals of the Mk VI look pretty-much identical to what is in my Mk II as far as components go - springs, grommets, felt dampener etc.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by patrol42td

3 pictures of the suspension tower internals have been added. One is taken from the current Mk VI owners manual, and the other 2 are of the Mk II.

From what I can see, the internals are pretty-much the same - I used the same template to set the suspension height on both turntables.

23.JPG

24.JPG

Mk VI Suspension Internals.jpg

Hi etidbd,

I do not believe it is a difficult task to replace the globe, but given it doesn't impact the sound I have never bothered to get it done.

Maybe some others on the forum with experience in replacing the globe can comment on the complexity @SonicArt may be able to assist.

Cheers,

Chris.