Sign in to follow this  
buddyev

SOLD: FS: Magnepan 1.7 - Maggies

FS: Magnepan 1.7 (relisted)
Price: sold 
Item Condition: very good 
Reason for selling: down grade.  I'm selling because of limited space, certainly not SQ. 
Payment Method: Pickup preferred - Cash, COD Only
Extra Info:  i don't have space for them in my study. They have been replaced by proac 1s - beautiful little monitors but I miss the Maggies brilliantly liquid midrange and large stage. 

I have individual timber boxes for storage/transport if buyer washes to arrange courier.

Audition invited for serious buyers.

http://www.mcleans.info/shop/productDetails.do?categoryId=1418&productId=247971

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/magneplanar-17-loudspeaker-tas-205/

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0511/magnepan_mg_1_7.htm

Pictures:

960F2957-26DD-4F44-B16B-80DDFEB80BC1.thumb.jpeg.40671da60d67ea6d1e0b5cc9e84c90e6.jpeg1BA0D6CC-7244-44B0-A634-03439844F7A3.thumb.jpeg.53f9b9f2d5189dd5623f9188c82cf724.jpeg

Edited by buddyev

Bit surprised these haven't gone...I did some investigating....they review extremely well and are priced very well.

GLWS

(I need compact floorstanders due to a small listening triangle)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RadBrad
      Item: Audeze LCD-2C Classic Planar Magnetic Headphones
      Price: $750 plus postage
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: In excellent condition, no marks or scratches. Comes with original 1/4 inch cable and original box

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By RadBrad
      Item: HE400i Planar Headphones
      Price: $269
      Reason for selling: Rarely used
      Extra Info: In excellent condition. Latest revision. Comes with original box, 3.5mm cable and 6.3mm adapter

• By RadBrad
      Item: Audeze LCD-2C Classic Planar Magnetic Headphones and Arctic Cables Klotz XLR OFC Cable
      Price: $849 plus postage
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: In excellent condition, no marks or scratches. Comes with $180 custom Klotz XLR OFC Arctic Cable, original box and original 1/4 inch cable

• By RadBrad
      Item: Audeze LCD-2C Classic Planar Magnetic Headphones and Arctic Cables Klotz XLR OFC Cable
      Price: $899 plus postage
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: In excellent condition, no marks or scratches. Comes with $180 custom Klotz XLR OFC Arctic Cable, original box and original 1/4 inch cable

• By rawcraftwood
      Item: SHERBOURN PA 2-250 POWER AMPLIFIER 
      Price: $750
      Item Condition: VERY GOOD 8/10
      Reason for selling: NO LONGER REQUIRED - TOO MUCH GEAR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, DEPOSIT
      Extra Info:

Up for sale is my Sherbourn PA 2-250 power amplifier.
      For those who don't know, this was the predecessor of the very popular Emotiva XPA-2.
      2 x 250w @8 ohms, 2 x 500w @4 ohms
      XLR and balanced inputs
      Trigger inputs and outputs
      Huge torodial power supply
      Weighs in at 22kg

I was using this amplifier with a set of magnepan mg12's I recently rebuilt the frames and crossovers for.
      I was previously using a Harmon Kardon citation 12 for the Maggies with no compliants, but after the recent
      modifications , the Maggies dug that much deeper into the bass region that the HK was having a hard time,
      and got quite a bit warmer than it normally did when a bit of Dire Straits was played......

I found the Sherbourn had a very similar sonic signature to my lovely old HK, but boy could it dig lower without even a hint of breaking a sweat.
      So much so were the new crossovers, frames and amp working together that well that the lower register was at the point of being detrimental.
      I made the Maggies into a three way system, put the HK back into the system to cover the mid and top end, and run 2 x 12" sealed subs for the bottom end.
      And with that, the Sherbourn went back into the box.

Would make a great home theatre front channel amplifier, stereo amplifier, or another Maggie owner wanting 500w x 2 @ 4ohms without breaking the budget ( or marriage ).

Prefer local pick up as the weight is above some freight carriers limits, and once they know it's second hand audio gear, they won't cover for damage......
      been there and done it a few times in the past.......unless you're wanting to pay hundreds of dollars extra ( TNT won't cover for loss ??? only damage )

My username on ebay is also rawcraftwood, so you can look on there for an indication of my feedback. I'm not a trader or seller of audio gear, I'm just like the rest of us,
      bitten by that darn upgradeitus bug......continually looking for that audio Nirvana.
      Fleabay is no longer what it used to be 5 years ago, too many crazy people......so I don't sell on there anymore. 

I have a few other amplifiers to list over the coming weeks....same thing, am happy with the current setup/s and no need to change anymore.
      I can put the funds to other projects.