Sign in to follow this  
nothing1

Panasonic EZ series Stutter Problem Petition

the new Panasonic ez series of oleds have a stutter problem for many owners even after being replaced. Panasonic have not  acknowledged that the problem exists and as such owners are left in the dark as to whether there will be an update to fix this problem. Please sign the petition to help get Panasonic to release an update to resolve this issue, if you could share on Facebook as well that would be great.

Thank You

https://www.change.org/p/panasonic-address-motion-issues-on-panasonic-s-premium-oled-tvs

Signed it buddy. Can't believe we're still dealing with framerate issues in 2017

Signed, granted i haven't put the TV through its paces yet to get the issue :)

Quality TV 

Edited by metal beat

@MELso

I bought an EZ950 over Christmas/New Year, and it is running the 270b firmware.

I haven't knowingly updated the firmware in the last 4 weeks.

I expect the model was shipped with that version (which is encouraging).

Benje

37 minutes ago, Benje said:

@MELso

I bought an EZ950 over Christmas/New Year, and it is running the 270b firmware.

I haven't knowingly updated the firmware in the last 4 weeks.

I expect the model was shipped with that version (which is encouraging).

Benje

Hey mate, how do you find the tv overall with the new firmware? Trying to decide what to get and these are cheap at the moment, cheers.

Chris

I can't offer an opinion on whether LG or Sony or Panasonic is better than the other.

I can tell you that if you buy the Panasonic and want to use HD content it is fantastic, not bad with SD either.  Obviously, UHD is at another level again.

We are very happy with our purchase.  I suspect those who bought the LG or the SONY are also very happy.

I had a friend around on Friday, and he is a movie-phile.

We were watching Bladerunner - the original film, not 2049, on UHD.  So it isn't perfect 4k (2049 is about 2k source, not sure what bladerunr video source is). 

He was amazed at the improvement compared to a blu-ray re definition, clarity of clothing weave, other details becoming apparent in the shadows.

Benje

10 minutes ago, Benje said:

Chris

I can't offer an opinion on whether LG or Sony or Panasonic is better than the other.

I can tell you that if you buy the Panasonic and want to use HD content it is fantastic, not bad with SD either.  Obviously, UHD is at another level again.

We are very happy with our purchase.  I suspect those who bought the LG or the SONY are also very happy.

I had a friend around on Friday, and he is a movie-phile.

We were watching Bladerunner - the original film, not 2049, on UHD.  So it isn't perfect 4k (2049 is about 2k source, not sure what bladerunr video source is). 

He was amazed at the improvement compared to a blu-ray re definition, clarity of clothing weave, other details becoming apparent in the shadows.

Benje

Thanks for your reply, i am coming from a JVC projector and still running a F8500 plasma, I have moved house and no longer have a room for a projector so looking at new tvs, will be mostly HD and UHD as I will get a player at time of purchase,cheers

On 10/27/2017 at 9:19 PM, nothing1 said:

the new Panasonic ez series of oleds have a stutter problem for many owners even after being replaced. Panasonic have not  acknowledged that the problem exists and as such owners are left in the dark as to whether there will be an update to fix this problem. Please sign the petition to help get Panasonic to release an update to resolve this issue, if you could share on Facebook as well that would be great.

Thank You

https://www.change.org/p/panasonic-address-motion-issues-on-panasonic-s-premium-oled-tvs

I heard on a couple of the recent CES videos that Panasonic is aware of the issue and is working on a permanent fix.
They haven't given a time frame but the fact that they've acknowledged it is good.

I can't remember which video specifically I saw it mentioned, It would have been the HDTVtest or AVforum CES clips.