Jvc x35 lamp

The class plate that separates the lamp housing from the light engine also needs a wipe down with a damp paper towel or damp micro fibre cloth as it accumulated a haze of dirt.

NEVER wipe any optical surface with a DRY paper towel or cloth as there is a high likelihood you will scratch the glass.

Lens cleaning fluid is the best stuff to use as it dries streak free and has cleaning agents that will not harm the optics, it can be obtained from optometrists.

6 minutes ago, Owen said:

The class plate that separates the lamp housing from the light engine also needs a wipe down with a damp paper towel or damp micro fibre cloth as it accumulated a haze of dirt.

NEVER wipe any optical surface with a DRY paper towel or cloth as there is a high likelihood you will scratch the glass.

Lens cleaning fluid is the best stuff to use as it dries streak free and has cleaning agents that will not harm the optics, it can be obtained from optometrists.

I'm intrigued, but this sounds dangerous...

No more dangerous then cleaning your glasses mate, and only take a seconds to do.

When the lamp is removed you will see the glass plate I'm talking about, light from the lamp passes through it into the sealed light engine.

The lamp housing including the glass plate are cooled by a constant stream of fan forced air so it get dirty. You normally wont see any obvious dust on the plate but if you wipe the edge of it you will see it has developed a haze, and thats in a low humidity environment free of cigarette smoke and cooking fumes. In less ideal situations muck can accumulate quite fast and cleaning is required more frequently.

Edited by Owen

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I purchased a used JVC X35 recently with a non genuine lamp inside, say only around 25 hours used.

I have used it for say 10 hours since and no issues as yet. My question is, should I go get a genuine jvc lamp PK-L2312U before anything bad happens or should I be ok? And is that the correct model to buy?

Thanks,

K.