Sign in to follow this  
Javs

JVC X7900 / X9900 Owners Thread

On 19/06/2019 at 6:22 AM, TerryO said:

I must have been lucky or as Al said I don’t know any better because our X9900 is bloody excellent out of the box, blacks are great as is every thing else. In fact it’s that good the only button I have ever pushed is the on / off one. 

I thought we would watch it quite a bit before buying one but didn’t realise how much time that would be.

Several months after buying the JVC I managed to waste a chunk of cash buying a run out 2018 model Panasonic 75” tv for the separate TV room problem being is even though the picture is extremely good we never watch it. I expected we would spend time between both rooms depending on what we were watching but I think the Panasonic has now been turned on about half a dozen times in total.

Even though our screen is only 110” in size it is so much better to watch than a 75” tv. I know It might be different if I’d purchased a Oled but I seriously doubt even then that we would watch it in preference to the projector. 

cheers Terry

They are a very fine projector. I sold mine to get the N7 , I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss it compared to the N7 but I do miss those blacks. 

I have a slight flicker on my x9900. It appears on low and high lamp. 

My lamp has about 950 hours on it. Is this normal as the lamp wears? 

8 hours ago, Alama22 said:

I have a slight flicker on my x9900. It appears on low and high lamp. 

My lamp has about 950 hours on it. Is this normal as the lamp wears? 

Not common on these models. Try running in high lamp for the next 50 hours - this may fix it.