Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
mageak

New avr advice needed

Recommended Posts

Hi all im setting up a second htr. Im using vaf i90 for lcr and in ceiling 6 inch polks for rears and a seismic 110 sub. I need a new avr to match this system.

 

I also have in my first room main room living area.

 

Denon X3200w 

Halcro mc30 power amp

Oppo 203 uhd

 

Dynaudio x38 fronts

Dynaudio dm centre

8 inch 150w in ceiling.

Seismic 110 sub

 

My options are to buy a new avr for either second room or move the denon to the second room and upgrade the main room avr but not sure if getting a more expensive avr for main room would make a difference if im using a power amp for front speakers. Use main system 50/50 music movies

Second room would be 80/20 movies music

 

I need zone 2 for main room ie 7.1. I only need 5.1 for second room.

 

Are there better avr for my main room ie yammy 1070 marantz 5012 or are all avrs fairly similar when being used in this setup.

 

Any help appreciated

 

My max budget is $2000 unless for a very good reason.

 

Thanks sk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, powerav said:

Thanks powerav. 

 

Is this the only way to go or do i have other options. I can also get a demo x3200 from denis white for $999

 

Cheers

 

Sk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mageak said:

Is this the only way to go or do i have other options.

There are lots of options, all depends what you want. Integra 70.4 1015 Watts total compared to Denon 3200 about 600W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


is it only for movies? music? a basic 5.1 system if you dont need atmos/dtsx/4k blah blah

you can pick up any older avr on gumtree/ebay. denon 3808 for $300 jap made with lots of power compared to modern gear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mageak said:

Is this the only way to go or do i have other options. 

Since you aren't using atmos or dts-x atm now would be a good time to consider separates mageak ; which have the advantage of not losing your whole system when upgrading :aww: One of these 

http://shop.atmosphereaudio.com.au/audio-visual/emotiva-mc700-7-1-av-processor-pre-amp/

and an A500 http://shop.atmosphereaudio.com.au/amplifiers/emotiva-a-500-5-channel-power-amplifier/ with the halcro and you have heaps of flexibility for not much more than 2k :) Note the A500 specs include an honest all channels driven figure ; unlike a lot of avr's :blush:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like those emotiva - a amps, I am thinking of doing something very different to most, get an a 700 to power all the surrounds and leave the front L/R on the avr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwt said:

Since you aren't using atmos or dts-x atm now would be a good time to consider separates mageak ; which have the advantage of not losing your whole system when upgrading :aww: One of these 

http://shop.atmosphereaudio.com.au/audio-visual/emotiva-mc700-7-1-av-processor-pre-amp/

and an A500 http://shop.atmosphereaudio.com.au/amplifiers/emotiva-a-500-5-channel-power-amplifier/ with the halcro and you have heaps of flexibility for not much more than 2k :) Note the A500 specs include an honest all channels driven figure ; unlike a lot of avr's :blush:

 

That sounds like a good option.

 

With the main room is there no reason to change the avr. Ie spending more wont get me better music and movie sound?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Would a denon 2313 avr on gumtree $250 be a good option for me? I dont need the 2.2 hdmi as i have it on my other system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you dont get much choice 2nd hand in adelaide .. i know.

 

cant be too bad at that price as long as you test it first. as i said adelaide hmm.

 

( from denon 4311, 4308 owner)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:14 PM, mageak said:

That sounds like a good option.

With the main room is there no reason to change the avr. Ie spending more wont get me better music and movie sound?

As a general rule spending more will give you better internal circuitry ; better power supply for driving inefficient speakers and even better room eq [your denon has multi-eq xt but not xt32 which has more filters ] which is a big factor in how your system sounds . That said separates means better isolation between components [power supplies aren't right next to low level pre amp signals which depending on shielding from emi/rf can have a negative effect ] . That's what more money can give you ; better routing of signals ; short signal paths and why separates are considered a step up :)

 

If you want an avr at low prices the tradeoff is second hand ; which isn't a bad option ; anything that's been thx ultra2 certified has been through a series of tests that point to stability and longevity ;)

 

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, powerav said:

I like those emotiva - a amps, I am thinking of doing something very different to most, get an a 700 to power all the surrounds and leave the front L/R on the avr.

Its a nice option having 2 power supplies driving your system rather than 1 with all the dynamic range todays UHD discs have :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...