Sign in to follow this  
twofires

WTB: Rotel RC-1070 or RC-1090 Stereo Preamp

I've decided to sell the power amp.

Item: Rotel RC-1070 or RC-1090 Stereo Preamplifier (pref black, pref with remote)
Price Range: Up to $200ish, but the lower the better.
Item Condition: Used

Extra Info:

Basically I have an unused RB-991 power amp and I'd like to find a matching pre. At least, I'm toying with the idea and want to see what's out there. Really I'm open to any stereo preamp at all, but, as we all know, matchy is best.

Alternatively, if you have the pre, and want to buy the RB-991 from me, I might be open to that, too. I'm just not a fan of orphaned components - either it gets a pre or it goes.

Edited by twofires

You might struggle to get a 1090 at that price range. I've got one and it's a great pre - I certainly wouldn't part with it for that sort of money. Suggest you look at Shark hifi to get an idea of what they sell for around the world. You could consider an RC995, although they also tend to go for around $450 - $500.

https://www.hifishark.com/model/rotel-rc-995

There is a very nice Musical Fidelity pre on Gumtree for $300 that might do the job for you.

Good hunting.

I appreciate the heads up. I'll admit, it's hard for me to tell what holds its value and what doesn't.

I'm beginning to think I should just sell the RB-991, if (according to hifishark) it really is worth $600-800. I'm just not using it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By YippeKiYay
      I’m hoping you knowledgeable people can help me out.

I originally posted a thread seeking help on selecting a suitable AV receiver and speakers (fronts and centre) for a 3.1 setup. I was originally planning on getting a 7.2 receiver as I may (a very unlikely may) end up getting some surround L/R built into the wall.

The other day I went into a local Hi-Fi store and demoed a number of speakers and decided to buy the Wharfedale D320 bookshelf speakers (we were very impressed with the sound from such tiny speakers) and the Wharfedale D300c as I was initially set on a 3.1 setup through an AV receiver.

However, upon reading up on a few forums and receiving advice from knowledgable people on other AV forums, it sounds like I’d be better off going for a stereo amplifier and buying two bookshelf speakers. I never considered this as I always thought a 2 channel setup would result in poor audio quality for film/TV, especially dialogue.

I currently use a JBL Cinema SB 450 (soundbar) hooked up to my TV via optical (the Arc HDMI input has gone - either on the SB or my TV). I only have a PS4, 4K player and Apple TV 4K hooked up to my TV.  For music I use a Bose Wave SoundTouch.

I’m looking to buy a setup to replace the soundbar and Bose Wave to improve on the sound quality, the major issue with the soundbar is the dialogue.  My partner has hearing problems so we’re having to have subtitles on all the time. We don’t want the setup to be too big (ie floor standing speakers) as the room it will be in is used a lot for having friends over, so we don’t want the setup to be a dominant feature of the room.

Whatever setup I get I’ll be using it equally for music and film/TV. I haven’t got a turntable yet but will be looking to get one soon.

I may cancel my speaker order tomorrow and use advice from members to buy a suitable system.

I do have a reasonable budget for the system, but was hoping not to go above $3k. If I do go for a 2 channel stereo system, I’d probably need a sub too so that would need to be factored in.  Is $3k going to be enough to buy me a 2 channel stereo setup that will out perform my current soundbar? If so, what amp and speakers should I consider - will the D320s be ok to keep? We don’t want floorstanding speakers and the bookshelf speakers will sit on top of our entertainment unit on either side of the TV.

As most of my music listening is done via streaming, should I get an amp with Wi-Fi or can this be done through phone / computer? Or would it be best to get a stereo amp and a DAC with streaming capabilities? 

Or should I stick with an AV receiver with a 3.1 setup?

If it helps my living room is 5.8m x 3.8.  About 2m x 3.8 is not used for entertaining as it is an empty space with some wall furniture and one seat that we use for reading.  We sit about 2.5 metres from the TV. The room is also carpeted.
    • By LCOKE
      Item Condition: Very Good, working Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: LALOR PARK State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Not needed, clearing out old equipment for space Further information: 
      Unit is in original and working condition
      Sound quality is great requires minor warm up time to get best sound quality
      No refurbishment, has only been cleaned since original purchase 
      Can ship item, however I will require your postal code in order to judge whether it is within my budget to do so. 
      You can check shipping to yourself if you wish: 
      Dimensions: 55 x 42 x 38cm 12kg + signature on delivery
      Minimum price to include shipping is the $600 listed.

Photos:
    • By Ed11111
      Item Condition: 9.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Changing direction  
      Further information: 

Legendary preamplifier of the legendary company.
      Currently on sale in major retailers for $13,995
      Amazing sound, amazing look, amazing value.
      First owner, Less than 1.5 years old, was not used for last 6 months. 
      9.5/10 just because not brand new. I have all boxes, manuals, etc

The feature packed C52 Preamplifier lets you connect virtually any of your analog components and digital music sources – including those that play the latest high resolution formats such as DSD files – to one easy-to-use device to enjoy them all.
      For connecting analog devices, it includes 3 balanced and 4 unbalanced fully assignable inputs plus 1 each of Moving Coil and Moving Magnet phono inputs for connecting a turntable and enjoying your vinyl collection. On the digital side, it has 3 optical, 2 coaxial and 1 USB input. The optical and coax inputs will decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback. The C52 is also capable of decoding and playing back DSD files for the latest in high fidelity performance; the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. An MCT input offers a secure, custom DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio found on SACDs when paired with the MCT500 SACD/CD Transport to deliver the purest possible sound quality from your CD library. The C52 features a 24-bit/192kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC).
       https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/mcintosh-c52-solid-state-preamplifier/

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By balk2117
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Sydney-Camperdown State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:  Solid state preamplifier made by Joe Rasmussen from JLTi in Sydney.  Only two inputs and one output and is meant to stay on as it has no on/off switch. This is a great sounding pre with very little use as it was a spare when the main pre required tender loving care.  Price includes shipping within Australia.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By DSD_Fan
      Item: Parasound P5 or NewClassic 2100 Pre-amp
      Price Range: Depends on condition
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info:

After a Parasound P5 or NewClassic 2100 pre-amp as I might have more luck finding this than the Rotel I also posted.
      Let me know what you have, must be able to ship to the Gold Coast

Just after a nice 2.1 Preamp, if you have others, let me know