Sign in to follow this  
twofires

WTB: Rotel RC-1070 or RC-1090 Stereo Preamp

I've decided to sell the power amp.

Item: Rotel RC-1070 or RC-1090 Stereo Preamplifier (pref black, pref with remote)
Price Range: Up to $200ish, but the lower the better.
Item Condition: Used

Extra Info:

Basically I have an unused RB-991 power amp and I'd like to find a matching pre. At least, I'm toying with the idea and want to see what's out there. Really I'm open to any stereo preamp at all, but, as we all know, matchy is best.

Alternatively, if you have the pre, and want to buy the RB-991 from me, I might be open to that, too. I'm just not a fan of orphaned components - either it gets a pre or it goes.

Edited by twofires

You might struggle to get a 1090 at that price range. I've got one and it's a great pre - I certainly wouldn't part with it for that sort of money. Suggest you look at Shark hifi to get an idea of what they sell for around the world. You could consider an RC995, although they also tend to go for around $450 - $500.

https://www.hifishark.com/model/rotel-rc-995

There is a very nice Musical Fidelity pre on Gumtree for $300 that might do the job for you.

Good hunting.

I appreciate the heads up. I'll admit, it's hard for me to tell what holds its value and what doesn't.

I'm beginning to think I should just sell the RB-991, if (according to hifishark) it really is worth $600-800. I'm just not using it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MAXXX
      Item Condition: Used, excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 

Stereo preamplifier Cambridge Audio Azur 840e for sale.
      Very versatile preamp in excellent condition with remote.
      No original box.
      Free shipping via courier with tracking. (Australia only)
      Manual available in pdf. format.
      Lots of reviews on the Net.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By thorpef1
      HI all.
      I have a stereo Setup (Denon DRA-375RD and Wharfedale Diamond 9.5) which i am relatively happy with for the time being (with the little one running around).
      It is mainly used for music but is also plugged into the TV for when we watch movies. The room is around 20sqm

I was thinking of adding a smallish sub to compliment the system using high level inputs as the amp does not have a sub out.

What would people recommend for a sub $500 sub, i dont mind purchasing second hand as i will eventually do proper HT when the little one grows up a bit.

I would predominantly want it for music but also be able to perform when watching movies (that is more important than sounding good with movies and poor with music)

Cheers,
      Luke 

• By JimmyDee
      Item Condition: 3 yrs old - Perfect working order Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Perth State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: No longer required Further information: 
      70W/channel Stereo Amp and DAC. Great for hook-up to a digital source (ie computer, tablet, pod, CD player) and bypass their inbuilt DAC to utilise this far superior one.
      The USB D/A converter is the 32-bit high-performance SABRE 32 from ESS Technology, and its USB device controller IC is the latest product from XMOS, the semiconductor firm. It is compatible with native playback of the DSD 5.6MHz (DSD128) format or 384kHz/32-bit playback. Supported formats are:
      MP3, WMA, MPEG4, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD – 192 kHz / 24bit; 96 kHz / 24 bit; 5.6 MHz
      Few minor scratches on top cover.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Ittaku
      Item Condition: Used VGC Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Alphington State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash, Bitcoin Reason for selling: Change of direction Further information: This is a no-compromise comprehensive DAC/preamp/subxover/headphone solution to digital room correction, with NATIVE PCM sample rate and DSD digital signal processing at all rates from 44.1 to 192kHz, and DSD 64-128 unlike most other DSP devices which resample to the one rate internally which is a lossy process. It has USB, and multiple coaxial, optical, and analog inputs. It has a very sweet sounding fully balanced DAC section based on selected 3xTI PCM1792 DACs and high quality ADCs. It also acts as a subwoofer crossover which can be manual or automatic, a preamp with normal or high voltage output, and allows passthrough of the main channel room corrected digital signal for a separate DAC if so inclined. It comes with remote control, and a professional microphone on a 5 metre long cable for automatic and manual room measurement and correction, and bluetooth supported smartphone app. This is light years better than their award winning "dual core" model in terms of features and sound quality, as it is their reference device. I have a separate DAC and preamp and have moved to a software solution for room correction and crossover but found this device invaluable at doing all of the above tasks as I slowly added more separates to do each task individually. Original box included.

DSP Cores
      1 x VS1205 (GUI & Firmware update USB) 6 x VS1205 (Audio Inputs, processing) 3 x High-Quality DAC (pre-selected), 3 x High-Quality ADC Firmware Highlights
      Anti-Mode 3.0 room calibration algorithm Automatic cross-over frequency optimization (US Pat. 9,955,261) Extensive tone controls and user-defined parametric equalizers Anti-Mode 3.0 Multi-Rate (FIR & IIR) House Curve, Linear-Phase Tilt, Parametric EQs Adjustable Infrasonic Adjustable cross-over Interfaces
      2x stereo RCA, 1x stereo XLR input 3x optical and 3x coaxial inputs (up to stereo 192kHz with coaxial) USB Audio 2.0 input (192kHz PCM, DSD64 and DSD128 by DSD over PCM) Primary Output: stereo RCA, stereo XLR, Optical Toslink, and Coaxial S/PDIF Auxiliary Output: stereo RCA and stereo XLR Microphone input, Headphone output Control wheel with a button, IR Remote Analog specifications (typical)
      Primary XLR: Dynamic Range: 126 dB, Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.0008% Analog Input, XLR, SNR+THD: -104dB Frequency Response: 20...20000Hz ±0.07dB Input Voltage max RCA: 2.5 / 4.4 / 6.2 Vrms, XLR: 2.6 / 5.2 / 12.4 Vrms Output Voltage max RCA: 3.2 / 6.4 Vrms, XLR: 6.4 / 14.0 Vrms Power consumption: 25W, stand-by: < 0.5W Mechanical
      Unit dimensions: 436mm x 70mm x 295mm Unit weight: 4.5kg Color options: Black or Silver front plate  
      Product page:
      http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-x4.shtml

Photos:

• By Ed11111
      Item Condition: 9.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Changed direction Further information: 

Legendary preamplifier of the legendary company.
      Currently on sale in major retailers for $13,995
      Amazing sound, amazing look, amazing value.
      First owner, less than 1.5 years old, was not used for last 6 months. 
      9.5/10 just because not brand new. I have all original boxes, manuals, etc

The feature packed C52 Preamplifier lets you connect virtually any of your analog components and digital music sources – including those that play the latest high resolution formats such as DSD files – to one easy-to-use device to enjoy them all.
      "You will rule your world with the C52. Cool as all this is, it sounds fantastic too. No one combines just the right amount of bling and performance as McIntosh – that’s why they are a legend." - Tone Audio
      "I can’t think of another component that manages to do so much so superlatively well, with no compromises in any ways that matter to me as an audio critic and music lover." - The Absolute Sound
      For connecting analog devices, it includes 3 balanced and 4 unbalanced fully assignable inputs plus 1 each of Moving Coil and Moving Magnet phono inputs for connecting a turntable and enjoying your vinyl collection. On the digital side, it has 3 optical, 2 coaxial and 1 USB input. The optical and coax inputs will decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback. The C52 is also capable of decoding and playing back DSD files for the latest in high fidelity performance; the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. An MCT input offers a secure, custom DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio found on SACDs when paired with the MCT500 SACD/CD Transport to deliver the purest possible sound quality from your CD library. The C52 features a 24-bit/192kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC).
      "Smooth? You bet. Realistic timbre? Check. Instruments and voices sound staggeringly realistic with no edge or glare whatsoever? Got it." - Tone Audio
      "While this preamp provides a tidal wave of sound, it also shows off a good amount of detail... I keep hearing more stuff packed into the crevices of the music." - New Record Day
      New to the C52 is that all inputs are available all of the time – even if you assign certain inputs to certain devices, giving you more freedom to configure your system the way you want. The outputs have also been updated to be easier to operate when bi-amping or tri-amping so that your highs and/or lows are not inadvertently turned off. An 8 band analog equalizer allows you to fine tune your various music sources just the way you like. For headphone listening, an added dimension can be brought to your music with the addition of Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®). The Home Theater Pass Through feature allows for seamless integration into your multi-channel home theater system.
      This "battleship of a preamplifier" has all the connections one could want "and then some... McIntosh has taken the term 'comprehensively equipped' and run with it, for maximum flexibility and future proofing... If you're looking to indulge in your music instead of the sound it makes, then the C52 and MC301 are 'strongly recommended.'" - Hi-Fi+
      The C52 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility. Roon will recognize it and send it audio optimized for its capabilities. No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdzxjnvuOo4&t=3s

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/mcintosh-c52-solid-state-preamplifier/