Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Classifieds Poll - Headphones | Portable Audio Subforum? Have Your Say

Headphones & Portable Audio Subforum  

551 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've now implemented a slight separation of our Classifieds as you will see.

We're in danger of creating too much separation of the Classifieds, however, I think there is three distinct type of readers of StereoNET.

They are either into Stereo (2 Channel), Home Theatre/AV (Multi-channel), or Portable Audio / Headphones.

As I was moving threads into their relevant sub-forums I also noticed that there is a possibility to add just one more Subforum to the Classifieds.

Please answer our poll (not visible on Tapatalk and some mobile views)

If we have separately category should be great . Any one can go straight to the category and search what they want . 

I’ve had a good look around and the new changes are great 

Perhaps you could include the mobile phones/computer in here as well, as this is a big section of the younger community - perhaps it could be possible to link directly to some of the headphone reviewer reports too, but not sure about advertising, etc

Good idea Marc. Theres a lot of portable gear in the Classfieds.

I think stereo systems are seperate subject to television watching and the sound system for it

or headphones 

Yes Marc

Also Do u think is it a good idea that's the stereonet should create the automatic relist option for the item if unsold after 2-3 weeks instead after 30 days? Thanks just my pinion

A lot of mixing between headphones and hifi.

Like dacs for example whether portable or not. Should 2 ads be made for them? One in 2 channel and one in headphones? 

Edited by Bunno77
Typo

I'm not quite sure about the idea. Don't see a problem with a portable audio sub-forum, but headphones are not exclusively portable. They have been around for many years in 2-channel home audio systems, its only in recent years that they have become popular with portable audio. Its kind of a sub-forum within headphones I guess, but that would probably be splintering things a bit too much.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

We're in danger of creating too much separation of the Classifieds, however, I think there is three distinct type of readers of StereoNET.

They are either into Stereo (2 Channel), Home Theatre/AV (Multi-channel), or Portable Audio / Headphones.

I think that you've hit the nail on the head by recognising that tricotomy (is that a word?) of interest within the membership. There will always be products that cannot be totally defined by those definitions but it is certainly worth trialing. In three months time you could look at the activity level of each sub-category to assess if the change has proven to be viable.

I'm not quite sure about the idea. Don't see a problem with a portable audio sub-forum, but headphones are not exclusively portable. They have been around for many years in 2-channel home audio systems, its only in recent years that they have become popular with portable audio. Its kind of a sub-forum within headphones I guess, but that would probably be splintering things a bit too much.

As above - will that mean we’d need to split any headphone sales between portable or not? If I sold my LCD3 I’d say too bulky for portable, but many others are not so clear cut.

Not to mention where to put Chord Mojo or Hugo...

I like how the new classifieds are listed. Headphones etc go naturally in the hifi section as far as I'm concerned so see no need for another sub forum.

3 hours ago, Marc said:

We've now implemented a slight separation of our Classifieds as you will see.

As I was moving threads into their relevant sub-forums I also noticed that there is a possibility to add just one more Subforum to the Classifieds.

Please answer our poll (not visible on Tapatalk and some mobile views)

If the possibility is there, then i can't see what the prob would be unless there is something more important than that.I voted yes mainly for the majority.

If I check the classifieds I only want to go to one link - for any HiFi gear.

Now I'll have to go to two links, to avoid missing out on any bargains. :(

Your original "Private Sales" and "Commercial Sales" is the best. It was easy. I think we should go back to it.

There are times where you should not listen to the customers or in this case, the members because we are not always right.

Please go back to Private Sales and Commercial Sale!!!!!!!!