Remi Versterre

anyone got experience with Achtung Audio cables?

Hello has anyone experience with the cables of Achtung Audio, they make solid silver cables for a reasonable price. And if not do you have experience with pure silver cables? I would like to know more. Cheers

21 minutes ago, Remi Versterre said:

Hello has anyone experience with the cables of Achtung Audio, they make solid silver cables for a reasonable price. And if not do you have experience with pure silver cables? I would like to know more. Cheers

They may be good or they may be crap. You cannot know, because they don't appear to list any specifications on their site.

Look at it this way: 

Would you buy a car, if the manufacturer failed to list the power/weight, fuel economy, interior space, safety features, etc?

Would you buy a TV if the manufacturer failed to list it's resolution, connectivity, etc?

A fridge?

A washing machine?

Of course you wouldn't. Cable manufacturers are no different. Avoid any of them unless they provide full and complete data pertaining to the performance of their product.

This is all I could find:

"With 12 cores of 22awg pure silver per channel, these blow the competition away."

I'm sorry, but that is simply not good enough. Ambit claims are easy. It would be like Farrari saying:

"Our cars are the most reliable on the road."

Hmmm.

I wonder if this...........................?

:)

He has pretty good record on Ebay and he offers a month trail. But like you guys say there is not enough information about it.

I bought an Achtung USB cable off Ebay. I found that it compared quite well with the Curious Cable but lacked a tiny bit in detail and sounded a tad "tight" in comparison. However, the Curious is a more expensive cable so comparatively speaking it was very good. Compared to other "big name" USB cables, it sounded quite open and free of grain / brightness.

Geoff from Auraelis Audio has used (and recommends) their spade and banana plugs. Their silver cable looks interesting and is amongst the cheapest out on the market that I can find. 

Mark

Good. Sorry my knowledge about this is limited. You can try my video on you tube . Using achtung pure solid silver on cd to preamp. At  Jolida  211

On 10/21/2017 at 11:50 AM, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

They may be good or they may be crap. You cannot know, because they don't appear to list any specifications on their site.

Look at it this way: 

Would you buy a car, if the manufacturer failed to list the power/weight, fuel economy, interior space, safety features, etc?

Would you buy a TV if the manufacturer failed to list it's resolution, connectivity, etc?

A fridge?

A washing machine?

Of course you wouldn't. Cable manufacturers are no different. Avoid any of them unless they provide full and complete data pertaining to the performance of their product.

This is all I could find:

"With 12 cores of 22awg pure silver per channel, these blow the competition away."

I'm sorry, but that is simply not good enough. Ambit claims are easy. It would be like Ferrari saying:

"Our cars are the most reliable on the road."

C'mon, Trev - you don't believe Enzo makes the most reliable cars on the road?  Shame on you!  :P

Andy

39 minutes ago, andyr said:

C'mon, Trev - you don't believe Enzo makes the most reliable cars on the road?  Shame on you!  :P

Andy

I'm quickly coming around from "pope Trevor" to  " Trevor, the 3 eyed Raven" Andy. You know, the all seeing one from GOT.

1 hour ago, guru said:

I'm quickly coming around from "pope Trevor" to  " Trevor, the 3 eyed Raven" Andy. You know, the all seeing one from GOT.

Sorry, g - have never watched 'GoT'!  :(  Although, from reading about it, I probably would like the 'naked walk of shame' that one of the female leads was forced to do.  :lol:

Andy

16 minutes ago, andyr said:

Sorry, g - have never watched 'GoT'!  :(  Although, from reading about it, I probably would like the 'naked walk of shame' that one of the female leads was forced to do.  :lol:

Andy

All good Andy, the 3 eyed Raven is the least liked by the fans and the one hoped by most to be bitten in half by a dragon but I'm sure Zaph would survive and indeed thrive if the same dreadful fate should befall our little protected species.  Looking forward to seeing your wall of colour and I may be in Melbourne in the next couple of weeks to show you my shoe box of tricks. Cheers.

31 minutes ago, andyr said:

Andy

There are more entwining scenes that that in the GOT....:tongue:

I have bought both the rca cables and speaker cables. With the speaker cables I heard improvement there was less distortions on high volumes. The quality is extremely good for the price.

20180211_075730.jpg