Gran Turismo Sport

Anybody played it yet? I pre ordered and had a 20 minutes look at it last night while my wife was putting the kids to bed, and I think I'm really going to like this. Played in arcade mode and the banked turns on the first track could induce motion sickness I reckon when played on the projector.

I bought a G29 steering wheel a few months ago and built myself a stand for it to sit in front of my HT recliner. Pretty happy with it for something I knocked up in an hour out of scrap veneered mdf from a shop fit out. Hasn't had much use yet but have also bought Project Cars 2, I really only play driving sims.

This was the first game I've bought online with extras and it seems weird to have soo much credit and cars when just starting a new GT release, but thank God you don't have to earn your license any more...

Guest Muon N'

The G29  looks cool :cool:

A purpose built stand sound good, I used to have a habit of yanking the steering wheels off the desk play these driving games, couldn't secure them well enough :lol:

I handed in my gaming drivers license ages ago, i suxs at those games.....but my oh my they can be a hoot!

What platform is this available on ?

I played every version of GT but was not impressed with the stand alone game of the last one as it seemed to focus at online users. 

Haven't played much of anything for a while.  

I don't like having to be online and my console is a PS3.

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody amazing in VR mode

Yes the graphics aren't as pristine as they are in non VR mode but sense of immersion is so good.

Only downside is that my shifter is on the wrong side of the car so it would piss me off no end. I can only play VR mode in RHD cars in the game

Damn - so it looks like PS4Pro will also improve the graphics on the VR mode - which is really just a tech demo for now but I think there's great potential for it.

So here's the downside, the current VR box doesn't support HDR passthrough (not HDCP2.2 compliant) so I was using my old PS4 to drive the VR unit. It really looks like a PS3 game rather than a PS4 game. I didn't think there was any point using the PS4 Pro if I couldn't get HDR on the main screen. 

FWIW they announced a new VR kit in Japan that now handles HDCP2.2 HDR passthrough in October but no sign of it here.

• 1 month later...

I waited till this pass through issue was sorted before I bought a VR headset.

Seems I waited so long that I've got the V2 of this headset.....all good, as I recently upgraded my TV to a 4K HDR type, so also upgraded my PS4 to a PS4 Pro.

From the brief plays I've had with the VR headset, it's either going to be great or verging on puke......early days!

One HEAD's UP is that the Wipeout Omega pack will be getting a free VR update early 2018.

Another thing I found out is, that if ading a external USB3 HD drive to store your games on, you will only be allowed 1.

So if you think that getting a 3 or 4 TB HD will last you, and then link it with your PS4, and then later think after you have filled that drive that you can simply add another HD drive and format it, you will be sadly disappointed.

Sony has decided that only ONE external drive can be registered to a PS4 console......so you better make it a BIG one....I found this out just prior to buying a external 4tb HD.

If trying to register another, secondary external HD, the Playstations software will veto it.

You'd think that a 4tb HD would be enough storage, but if you buy games the HD versions from the PStore and download them, the average file size is 900GB with install.....why the HUGE Install file?

I don't know, but it's a fact, and one that will fill your HD very quickly when opting for the HDR [remastered] versions of games available at the PStore.

As I found out when buying, then trying to download Drive Club VR.....I deleted 15 games off my 1tb PS4 and still didn't have enough space.

Hence I bite the bullet and bought a WD 8tb HD for game storage [ I forgot to mention, you can only store GAMES on these HD's once they are configured , nothing else ]

Edited by Tweaky