Sign in to follow this  
muzzagruzz

Legend Acoustics Kurre 9 - Review

1 hour ago, was_a said:

Dyns+Moon = very 'concentrated' sound...Forward I'd say and a little on the thin side harmonically...

I'm very familiar with Densen-Dynaudio combos and that works better, although still a little too 'lively' in my opinion. I can understand Dr Rod liking the Dyn C4s, as they're very 'accurate' and revealing - positive attributes in the eyes (or ears) of audio engineers. Yet I like his Legend speakers - across the entire range - much better! They're very accurate (low distortion) yet there's a natural, effortless quality to the sound that to me is preferable. 

The 40’s were accurate enough but perhaps bordering on a clinical/analytical presentation. I completely agree with the comments regarding the natural and effortless nature of Dr Crawford’s designs. Listening to Haydn’s Sun Quarterts now on the Kantu’s and they present this recording as airy and light as I think it ought to be.

haydn_string_quartets__73394__62737.1491009518.jpg.5403c0fb08b1b251eb0eba794ff6cbca.jpg

These are also lovely. 

@was_a

Thanks for that, I’ll check it out next time I’m in Fish Records. 

I finally got around to buying some Kurre 9's. Loving them. Wondering if someone can recommend some good stands as they don't quite fit on my AV unit (always a temporary measure).

Does it matter if the speakers overhang the stands? I assume you'd want to minimise the overhang from a stability point on view.

9 minutes ago, RichMurphy said:

I finally got around to buying some Kurre 9's. Loving them. Wondering if someone can recommend some good stands as they don't quite fit on my AV unit (always a temporary measure).

Does it matter if the speakers overhang the stands? I assume you'd want to minimise the overhang from a stability point on view.

Hi, congratulations on your purchase. Excellent choice IMO. I use the Dynaudio Stand 6 for mine and yes there is overhang but this is not an issue at all. These stands are magnificently constructed and are exactly the type of solid support these speakers require.  

I place four largish blobs of blu tack in between the speakers and stand to both protect the speaker and hold it firmly in place. Trust me, it won’t move and you’ll actually have difficulty removing them later. 

Place something inside the stands to deaden them. 

Forget Atacamas as they use very soft metal and they aren’t stable at all - I know as I use to have them. 

Enjoy your speakers and would be interested in your listening impressions. 

Cheers 

Muzza

Edited by muzzagruzz

I keep saying I will hear the Kurre one day. And we are up to version 10 now!!

There's a version 10? I can't find any info..

Oh, right, on the Legend website's feedback. But not on the actual product page.

Edited by was_a

On 10/01/2019 at 2:51 AM, agisthos said:

I keep saying I will hear the Kurre one day. And we are up to version 10 now!!

I’d definitely recommend that you do take the time to listen to the Kurre. It’s neutrality and tonal balance is exemplary with spot on imaging and depth of scale to the music. A delight to listen to for hours on end. 

Partner it well with a suitable amplifier that provides decent current to extract the best from them. 

I'm waffling between the Proac Response DB1 and the Legend Kurre.

My very first high-end speaker was the Proac Response 1S, purchased in 1992 and going strong in 2019.

I 'upgraded' to the B&W Signature 805 in 2007. It didn't take long before the Response 1S ended back as my mains. I vaguely remember thinking that music just sounded more 'musical' on the Response 1S. The B&W has a long break in period. Perhaps I never gave it a fair go before replacing it back with with the Proacs. In the last 12 years, at fleeting moments I tell myself I should give the B&W's another go, but the thought of losing that Proac magic stayed me.

---

After listening to the same speaker for 27 years, I'm feeling the itch. The natural upgrade is the Response DB1, but I'm curious about the Legend Kurre. I'm tempted to get both 😀 but my wife will be less than pleased with 4 pairs of speakers laying about. Ah what to do. First world problem, climb into my lap and make yourself comfortable.

On 30/06/2019 at 9:28 AM, aprib said:

I'm waffling between the Proac Response DB1 and the Legend Kurre.

My very first high-end speaker was the Proac Response 1S, purchased in 1992 and going strong in 2019.

I 'upgraded' to the B&W Signature 805 in 2007. It didn't take long before the Response 1S ended back as my mains. I vaguely remember thinking that music just sounded more 'musical' on the Response 1S. The B&W has a long break in period. Perhaps I never gave it a fair go before replacing it back with with the Proacs. In the last 12 years, at fleeting moments I tell myself I should give the B&W's another go, but the thought of losing that Proac magic stayed me.

---

After listening to the same speaker for 27 years, I'm feeling the itch. The natural upgrade is the Response DB1, but I'm curious about the Legend Kurre. I'm tempted to get both 😀 but my wife will be less than pleased with 4 pairs of speakers laying about. Ah what to do. First world problem, climb into my lap and make yourself comfortable.

I guess the only thing to do is go and listen to the Kurre’s if you are able. They are articulate, neutral and deadly accurate. Easily up there with the best bookshelf monitors costing a few thousand more. I recently compared them to another well known Australian brand costing about $4K more and I wouldn’t say they were worth triple the price. You’d have to have rocks in your head to buy the other brand. Plus the other brand was made in China whereas the Kurre’s are made right here!  

Has anyone in Brisbane heard or own the Legend Acoustics Kurre 10s? Just wanting to know what the sound is like? Is it a good buy?

I currently heard the Krix Acoustix MKII and had the Adelaide Speakers 822SRTL.

Demo'd a few bookshelves around the $2000 mark at Audio Tailor including the Acoustic Energy AE500, which I liked very much. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)