SOLD: FS: Consonance PW1 Line Conditioner

SOLD

Item: Consonance PW1 Line Conditioner and Line Filter x2
Price: $165 plus postage , Paypal etc. each
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: Simplifying, decluttering
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I have three of these. One I bought new, the other 2 I bought here on SNA. I just absolutely love them as they do an excellent job and take any power plug, Aussie, US etc. I am keeping one, but as I am going from three systems to one system I just don't need them anymore.

There are a lot of info here and on the net. They are used so may have some evidence of use which does not effect their purpose.
Australian seller with reviews here: http://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au

Previous sale of similar here on SNAhttps://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/233916-sold-fs-consonance-pw1/

Pictures:

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

I had the Thor PS10 and if I could afford it I would have kept it. The PS10 is a much higher level product in the sense that it is a variac transformer - it keeps a constant voltage.

It then has a powerboard as well. Some members here reckons the powerboard has a negative impact on power amps.

To tell you the truth I don't know. I just plug my power amps into the wall outlets.

My powerboards are used with my CD players/dacs/other stuff and IMO they are successfully providing "clean" power.

And provide some protection against voltage spikes etc.

Guest scumbag
22 minutes ago, KoNpHuSeD said:

I'm interested. How does this compare to the Thor power boards?

I think KoNpHuSeD was referring to the filter board not the PS10. I have owned the Thor Smartboard, the Consonance and the Polaris Evo3. All sounded the same (or should I say, didn't sound the same)?

Guest scumbag
Just now, KoNpHuSeD said:

Thanks for your reply. I was specifically looking at maybe getting something like the Thor A12BF – SMART BOARD 8.

I have a hum in my system that comes and goes.

Humming is OK, as long as it's in tune with the music. :hiccup 

Guest scumbag

Seriously though, if you have hum issues there may be other causes that a power filter may not be able to fix. For a balanced system, using ground lifters on the XLR cables may help. If that isn't doable an isolation transformer may do the trick. If the issue is due to dirty power then this board will help. I would buy it anyway even if I didn't think it would fix the hum - it will protect your system and possibly lower other sorts of noise.

• 2 weeks later...