srey

Cooling setup for AVR

Thanks for the review!

Hopefully the S7's are also (close to) inaudible in my setup too, as I also sit only about 2m from my AVR

How hot does your unit get with no cooling in place? My daughter and I watched 3 movies back-to-back yesterday and after 5hours at around -12dB MV my Denon 4311 was  pretty warm to the touch - but certainly not hot.

Do you think with the combination of the S7s and the T9 would  allow you to keep the T9 on level 1 and have a fairly "silent" setup

How hot does your unit get with no cooling in place? My daughter and I watched 3 movies back-to-back yesterday and after 5hours at around -12dB MV my Denon 4311 was  pretty warm to the touch - but certainly not hot.

Do you think with the combination of the S7s and the T9 would  allow you to keep the T9 on level 1 and have a fairly "silent" setup

How hot? Ah... very. Like 20°+ over ambient. Thats not so hot that the case is too hot to touch, but you can feel it's very warm.

If I'd had another 50mm clearance above the unit I would probably have run the T9 top exhaust box, with a pair of the USB fans drawing the air out the back of the cab. I'd hope that setup would be basically silent on setting 1, and hopefully keep things cool enough.

With the T8 and the S7 pair in the current setup, setting 1 seems to do the trick much of the time, and I'm hoping the second power level will take care of it on warmer evenings.

My simple solution with the Integra is a 12v fan powered by 5v and switched by a "green" power board.

It quietly draws the hot air out of the unit in region that runs the hotest.

The fan runs fast enough to do the job and slow enough to not be too noisy.

Integra Cooling.jpg

40 minutes ago, TEZZA said:

My simple solution with the Integra is a 12v fan powered by 5v and switched by a "green" power board.

It quietly draws the hot air out of the unit in region that runs the hotest.

The fan runs fast enough to do the job and slow enough to not be too noisy.

Integra Cooling.jpg

It's amazing as previously stated in this thread, you don't need a lot of airflow to make a big difference.

Just thought I'd just throw my impressions in the mix after have the AC Infinity S7 for a few days now.

Anyone concerned about heat in their AVR and on the fence about ordering some of these .....just do it!

It's been a while since of been this impressed with such an inexpensive piece of gear. In my rig the lowest fan setting is 100% completely inaudible from the MLP (a bit over 2m) and at this setting the 4311 stays MUCH cooler than without the fans, cool enough that I would see no reason for me to need even the medium setting unless the day was very hot (and then the AC would be on anyway). I  put the system through the ringer the other day to test the fans out and after 3 movies back-to-back (Guardians Of The Galaxy, CA: The Winter Soldier and The Avengers: Age Of Ultron) at around -12dB (i.e. fairly loud) the amp was just barely warm, it would have been easily 10+deg cooler than without the fans. 

I have them connected via USB to my WDTV media player's rear USB port and they turn on when the WDTV does and turn off when the WDTV shuts down, so set and forget

I've simply got a usb exhaust fan sucking air out of my processor (using a rear usb port) and out the back of my cabinet. Bought years ago off Amazon but similar looking unit to this, but mine is not speed controlled. Cost me around $45 delivered

StorePhoto2__42072.1501286192.jpg?c=2