Item Condition: NM
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
Extra Info:

1. THLP-346 Isao Suzuki Trio / Quartet ‎– Blow Up
2. THLP-347 Isao Suzuki Quartet + 1 ‎– Blue City
3. THLP-348 Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio ‎– Misty

All three near mint condition.

Immaculate and clean! You can say that they are mint as they were played not more than 6-7 times. Near completely silent, but expects occasional a very light single tick in only a couple of places.

Always placed separately in their poly sleeves out of the cardboard inner sleeves and the hardcovers.

***Pick up or, will post including FREE shipping nationwide.

------------------------

These are three individual albums of Three Blind Mice Think! Records 10th Anniversary Japanese pressings for the domestic market, which were released together in May 2015. Not to be confused with the Impex 2015 reissue of The Three Blind Mice 45 Box Set, which includes one different album, Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio - Midnight Sugar instead of Isao Suzuki Quartet + 1 ‎– Blue City.

If you like 70's Japanese Jazz, you already know these are some of the best-recorded jazz music, and you want them on Japanese pressings! These are still 3 of the best sounding jazz records in my entire jazz collection! Amongst them, 33 out of 45 of entire 33⅓ rpm Music Matters Jazz Series, a few 45 rpm Music Matters Jazz, a few 33⅓ rpm and 45 rpm Analogue Productions, Impex, Speakers Corner etc... Blow up is a real stand out, you just need to hear how the drums hit and how the double bass vibrates! And the piano on Misty so realistic, I have never heard the piano keys hitting so hard and the high pitch so extented on any other records!

If you own a hundred of thousands of dollars super high-end setup, you simply must hear these Japanese pressings, because even on my humble mid-fi setup, the bands sounded so vivid in my lounge room! Imagine that in a much better setup... As modern pressing goes, they are really hard to beat. Not even Kevin Gray's super hi-tech Cohearent mastering could touch them...

I haven't heard the Impex 2015 reissue of The Three Blind Mice 45 Box Set, so I have no idea how they compare. Though a few of the Impex Records I have heard are nowhere near the SQ of these Think! Records pressings. Yet, the SQ of these Impex Records albums is very highly regarded and considered some of the best...

Impex Records albums I have compared them with are the 33⅓ rpm of:

The Thelonious Monk Quartet - Monk's Dream
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Further Out (Miro Reflections)
Jennifer Warnes - The Hunter
Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat

I am very sure that it is near impossible to find these new in Japan now. I have tried hard to look amongst the few of dozens of record shops in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka July this year. I would have grabbed them without any hesitation if I come across them again. Of course, it is possible that I just missed them. Here is your chance to grab all three of them as I might regret selling and keep them.

Price is firm. Selling as a bundle of three now unless there are takers for all three for $150 each firm.

Pictures:

tbm-1.jpg.4fd2aed44ac4d52a80da7e7b36cbcdb1.jpg

tbm-2.jpg.0970ea94e40a2275102f5acbdda84e30.jpg

tbm-3.jpg.f9c18abf5b9bebb63b4492343c605df4.jpg

tbm-4.jpg.640ac64d6f9c5479dc7c0ed098ef33c3.jpg

tbm-5.jpg.daab1f385c45d79492b06f888a72ba1a.jpg

tbm-6.jpg.47caa6fc04b69ad76a96dac744458fee.jpg

tbm-7.jpg.ffb2c98627edd3d4a1236ca6e16eaa05.jpg

tbm-8.jpg.ff0fff426d8b15701ea27268964d4dc6.jpg

tbm-9.jpg.747bf984b882b54e69a59b35d9bfeef8.jpg

tbm-10.jpg.e54afd251dda3a85f9b30d614add6491.jpg

Edited by Y B

I have the Impex box set and love the sound quality.  As you state the Blue City album was not included in the boxset, substituted with Midnight Sugar.

Would consider buying the Blue City album if sold separately.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hurcorh
      Item: 2010 Iron Maiden Final Frontier 2xlp, album, ltd, picture disk
      Price: $60
      Item Condition: Excellent (Used)
      Reason for selling: Not played in years.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      Label: UMe ‎– 88697742471 Will post for $10 extra Aus wide. Paypal or Cash on pickup. 

Only played a handful of times. Picture discs in excellent condition. I don't like saying 'mint' or 'near mint' as everyone has their interpretation. Cover has small dent. Sorry for sideways images. Someone else might as well get some use from it. Would suit Iron Maiden collector.

Pictures:

• By Y B
      Item: 3 New Vinyl EU Pressing
      Price: $30 each
      Item Condition: Sealed
      Reason for selling: Doubles
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
      Extra Info:

New, sealed and never played

1. Grizzly Bear - Painted Ruins (Pallas pressing) - SOLD
      2. The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding (MPO pressing) - reserved for Nap250
      3. Jason Isbell - Southeastern - (GZ pressing) - SOLD

These are all EU pressings purchased from Amazon UK, I did not realize I have purchased twice! Duh!

I thought The War On Drugs' SQ was really impressive, friends on Currently Spinning said so. I wouldn't have thought Grizzly Bear sounded even better but it does! Pallas is clearly a better pressing plant... Painted Ruins was meticulously produced. Highly recommended if you are a GB's fan.

Jason Isbell's GZ pressing definitely sounds better than the somewhat muddy US URP pressing. It is quieter too. If there is surface noise, a clean with US cleaner will get rid of all the noise. Mine did. 

Will post at buyer's expense.

• By Y B
      Item: 3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets
      Price: $240 for 3 box sets
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: Surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
      Extra Info:

I come across these box sets during my last visit to Tokyo. I did not know about these releases so I presumed they were reissued specifically for the Japanese market. All three of them come in an open back box with two thick cardboards sandwiching the actual LP with the original cover. They also come with an 8-page booklet all in Japanese and white poly-lined inner sleeve. Good for those who can read. 

I presume these are pretty rare as I could only find them in one shop. The Disk Union in Shimokitazawa. I am sure I had the last copies of these albums, there were two other albums which I forgot what they were. I did a Google search when I got home. There seems to be a similar reissue in the UK but I again presume, they are without the lovely Japanese packaging. You might be able to find these box sets in other Japanese cities though.

Although Made in the EU and pressed by MPO, DeAgostini seems to have been really cautious about these Japanese reissues, or re-package. The SQ is brilliant like the best of Japanese pressings with dark and inky noise floor. It is pristine sounding but with more doses of warmth.

I have compared the Mingus Ah Um with my 45 rpm Analogue Productions pressing, the Out To Lunch with my 45 rpm Music Matters Jazz pressing. I do not have a copy of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto to compare with but all three of them stand proudly in the same sonic category. They are almost all completely silent without any surface noise... Unfortunately, there is ONE medium loud pop on Side A track 4 of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto, Desafinado. The other two records though are completely silent...

Out To Lunch was a real surprise, it turned out to be a mono pressing rather than stereo like the other two. The closest album I have to compare it with is the Sonny Rollins' Saxophone Colossus 200g Analogue Productions and it is just as brilliant sounding! Certainly, a real stand out in SQ amongst the three.

Currently selling as a package, happy to split if there are takers for each of them, $80 each. Will post, please send me your postcode for correct shipping fee. Will only send with Signature on Delivery though, So will add $2.95 to the shipping fee. I would hate to see these get lost.

Pictures:

• By Slave2TheRhythm
      Item: Mix varieties Vinyl
      Price: See below
      Item Condition: NM/Sealed
      Payment Method: Bank transfer Only
      Extra Info:

NM - Played 2-3 times
      - All quiet records with excellent SQ

1. Radiohead - OKNOTOK Blue vinyl - $50
      2. The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding $30
      3. Mozart Piano Concertos - Eugene Istomin (Half-speed mastered 200g 45 rpm) - $50

Sealed - Never played
      4. Jason Isbell - Southeastern $30

Will post, please send your postcode for shipping fee. No pick-up, please.

• By kiwi.kelvin
      Item: 100 x Diskeeper sleeves (75 x 1.5 round bottom sleeves + 25 x audiophile sleeves)
      Price: $80 NEG plus postage if needed ($14.00 anywhere in Australia)
      Item Condition: As new or new
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      I bought these recently from Decibel HiFi but have decided not to use the Diskeeper system for my collection so these are now surplus to requirements. All sleeves are either brand new, or at worst have had cleaned records in them for around a week. Diskeeper offer a tiered system of sleeves with their (still very high quality) 1.5 round bottom sleeves for your "standard"  and the audiophile sleeves for your most precious treasures. 
      The sleeves are very high quality and would suit someone with a growing collection that deserves the best protection.
      If you were to buy these today from Decibel's website you'd pay around $105 + postage (approx $120 in total)

Pictures: