Item Condition: NM
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
Extra Info:

1. THLP-346 Isao Suzuki Trio / Quartet ‎– Blow Up
2. THLP-347 Isao Suzuki Quartet + 1 ‎– Blue City
3. THLP-348 Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio ‎– Misty

All three near mint condition.

Immaculate and clean! You can say that they are mint as they were played not more than 6-7 times. Near completely silent, but expects occasional a very light single tick in only a couple of places.

Always placed separately in their poly sleeves out of the cardboard inner sleeves and the hardcovers.

***Pick up or, will post including FREE shipping nationwide.

These are three individual albums of Three Blind Mice Think! Records 10th Anniversary Japanese pressings for the domestic market, which were released together in May 2015. Not to be confused with the Impex 2015 reissue of The Three Blind Mice 45 Box Set, which includes one different album, Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio - Midnight Sugar instead of Isao Suzuki Quartet + 1 ‎– Blue City.

If you like 70's Japanese Jazz, you already know these are some of the best-recorded jazz music, and you want them on Japanese pressings! These are still 3 of the best sounding jazz records in my entire jazz collection! Amongst them, 33 out of 45 of entire 33⅓ rpm Music Matters Jazz Series, a few 45 rpm Music Matters Jazz, a few 33⅓ rpm and 45 rpm Analogue Productions, Impex, Speakers Corner etc... Blow up is a real stand out, you just need to hear how the drums hit and how the double bass vibrates! And the piano on Misty so realistic, I have never heard the piano keys hitting so hard and the high pitch so extented on any other records!

If you own a hundred of thousands of dollars super high-end setup, you simply must hear these Japanese pressings, because even on my humble mid-fi setup, the bands sounded so vivid in my lounge room! Imagine that in a much better setup... As modern pressing goes, they are really hard to beat. Not even Kevin Gray's super hi-tech Cohearent mastering could touch them...

I haven't heard the Impex 2015 reissue of The Three Blind Mice 45 Box Set, so I have no idea how they compare. Though a few of the Impex Records I have heard are nowhere near the SQ of these Think! Records pressings. Yet, the SQ of these Impex Records albums is very highly regarded and considered some of the best...

Impex Records albums I have compared them with are the 33⅓ rpm of:

The Thelonious Monk Quartet - Monk's Dream
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Further Out (Miro Reflections)
Jennifer Warnes - The Hunter
Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat

I am very sure that it is near impossible to find these new in Japan now. I have tried hard to look amongst the few of dozens of record shops in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka July this year. I would have grabbed them without any hesitation if I come across them again. Of course, it is possible that I just missed them. Here is your chance to grab all three of them as I might regret selling and keep them.

Price is firm. Selling as a bundle of three now unless there are takers for all three for $150 each firm.

Edited by Y B

5 hours ago, houdinifangs said:

tHis is vinyl crack

I have the Impex box set and love the sound quality.  As you state the Blue City album was not included in the boxset, substituted with Midnight Sugar.

Would consider buying the Blue City album if sold separately.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By keys1234
      Item: Air Tight PC-1 Cartridge
      Price: $3400 firm. RRP $8500 USD
      Item Condition: Excellent about 3-400 hours
      Reason for selling: Not used
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank TT
      A fabulous cartridge in excellent condition!  One of the best.
      Air Tight Wins The Absolute Sound's Golden Ear Award for 2007!
      The Air Tight PC-1 MC Cartridge Sets New Standards for LP Playback!  
      Combining incredible dynamics, amazing detail retrieval and a sense of true musicality, the Air Tight PC-1 Moving Coil 
      Phono Cartridge is one of the world’s finest designs.  A “work-in-progress” for over 30 years, the new Air Tight PC-1 has 
      set a new standard for the reproduction of analog recordings. The PC-1 is capable of stunning dynamic range with extremely
      high resolution; achieving exquisite detail reproduction while preserving the natural warmth and musicality that all analog lovers crave. The 
      perception of the original recorded event is virtually unparalleled. 
      A “High Output/Low Impedance” design, the PC-1 is an exemplary design that uses a proprietary magnet material in the generator, 
      allowing a remarkable reduction in coil windings (reducing the “loss” of fine detail) yet still producing a very useable 0.6mV output. 
      After 30 years, the dream has been realized!
      “The Air Tight PC-1, TAS’ 2006 Phono Cartridge of the year award-winner, is the best yet in nearly 
      every aspect of phonograph reproduction-the most complete. As I said in Issue 170, the PC-1 isn’t simply a slight improvement over what came before it; it is 
      a leap forward in moving-coil design. Well worth its asking price!”
      - Jonathan Valin, The 
      Absolute Sound, Golden Ear Ward Winner, August 2007
      Output Voltage: 0.6 mV at 1kHz 5cm/sec.
      Channel Balance: <0.5dB at 21kHz
      Stylus Tip: 3um X 30um semi-line contact
      Weight: 12g
      Tracking Force Range: 2.0 to 2.2g
      Internal Impedance: 2.5 ohms
      Frequency Response: 10-50,000 Hz
      Crosstalk: >30db @1kz
      Pins: Rhodium-plated polished
      Cantilever: Boron
      Core Material: SH-uX
      Magnet: Neodynium #50

• By Y B
      Item:  6X Misc. Vinyl 
      Price: See below
      Item Condition: See below
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
      Extra Info:
      *Pick up or post at buyer's cost.
      All records NM/As New,  play quiet but do expect some very minor surface noise, except one *New/Sealed/Unplayed.
      $30 Perturbator ‎– New Model 2017 FI *New/Sealed/Unplayed
      $25 Carter Tutti ‎– Carter Tutti Plays Chris & Cosey (LP1) + Carter Tutti Remix Chris & Cosey (LP2) 2015 UK
      $20 GonjaSufi ‎– The Caliph's Tea Party 2010 UK
      $30 Mark Lanegan - Whiskey For The Holy Ghost 2016 US
      $20 Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark 2017 UK
      $25 SBTRKT ‎– Wonder Where We Land 2014 UK

• By lc2dr
      Hi All,
      I'm very much a newbie when it comes to turntables so I'm looking for a little advice.
      I've got my hands on a Toshiba (Aurex) SR-Q550 turntable from a now passed family member and would like to get back into playing some vinyl with it.  From what I've read on the net it seems to be a reasonable quality turntable from the early '80s with a mid-mass arm.
      The turntable still appears to have the original cartridge & stylus but I'm looking to purchase a suitable replacement + a phono preamp to connect it up to my existing '90s vintage gear.
      Some suitable cartridges I've read about through various forums include Audio-Technica's AT95E or AT100E, Shure M97xE, Ortofon Super OM 10 or 2M Red.  Anybody have any thoughts on these or other cartridges that may suit?
      In terms of phono preamps, I've shortlisted the following grouped by similar price points:
      - Cambridge Audio CP2 v Vincent PHO-8 v Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 'Communicator'
      - Graham Slee Gram2 Amp 2 SE v Dared LP1 v Vincent PhO-701
      Would it be worth purchasing something from the 2nd group based on the turntable quality or is it wasted money?
      Thanks in advance for any advice.
    • By norpus
      Item: Approx 80 Vinyl LPs, mostly from the 70’s and 80’s bands. 
      Price: $500 ono for the lot. Prefer not to split
      Item Condition: Varies - some are unplayed , most are used and were last played 28 years ago
      Reason for selling: Just sold my 3 turntables on SNA this week, hard to play vinyl travelling full time in a motorhome!
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash Only
      Extra Info:
       This is largely my personal collection from my youth prior and during Uni in the late 70’s early 80’s (when great bands were full of talented musos) before I went cold turkey on HiFi in late 80’s. Have been stored ever since 1990. Also included are some unplayed Sheffield Labs direct to disc vinyl, that I bought to play on my upgraded Linn LP12 but I never got the vinyl bug unlike many, and they stayed unplayed. Pot luck
      I am time poor (preparing to move out of house permanently end of next weekend) so haven’t got the energy to photograph/catalogue each LP. Sorry. I just want to get rid of them in one sale and get another ‘thing’ out of the house so I don’t have to pay storage. There are roughly 80 LPs.

• By Y B
      Item: 12 X Misc. Vinyl 
      Price: $300 for the bundle of 12
      Item Condition: Near mint/as new
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
      Extra Info:
      *Sell as a bundle ONLY. Not splitting.
      *Pick up or post at buyer's cost - 7kg.
      All records play quiet but do expect some very minor surface noise.
      1. Björk ‎– Greatest Hits 2015 UK
      2. Caribou ‎– Swim 2010 DE
      3. Circuit Des Yeux ‎– Reaching for Indigo 2017 US/CA
      4. Four Tet ‎– Pause 2011 UK
      5. Gotye - Like Drawing Blood 2013 US
      6. Karl Hyde ‎– Edgeland 2013 UK
      7. Leftfield ‎– Alternative Light Source 2015 UK/EU
      8. Martin Gore ‎– MG 2015
      9. Matrixxman ‎– Homesick 2015 US
      10. Refracted ‎– Through The Spirit Realm 2015 CA
      11. Radiohead ‎– OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 Blue Vinyl 2017 UK/EU
      12. Various Artists ‎– Stone Free (A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix) 2015 EU