Best & Worst Star Wars Movie Pt II

Best & Worst Star Wars Movie  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, IV and V are it.

Disney should rename Episode IV to something more exciting than A New Hope.

How utterly boring and nondescript.

George Lucas had lost it by Episode VI - too interested in milking it - and by Episode I, should have been committed...

12 hours ago, blybo said:

Very Surprised ESB isn't a clear fav. Amongst people I've discussed it with, it has just about been the unanimous choice

It’s got the best scene in movie history at least. 

11 hours ago, blybo said:

Very Surprised ESB isn't a clear fav. Amongst people I've discussed it with, it has just about been the unanimous choice

I voted "A New Hope" as the best, even though I think TESB is the "better" movie. I have so many fond memories of watching Episode IV as a young kid, TESB won me over more as I got older

Thank you to those who have voted and contributed. It is clear that George Lucas stuffed up with the prequels, with no one voted any as their best movie and plenty picked one as the worst one.

Original (IV, V, VI) : Best 26 votes Worst 1

Prequel (I, II, III) : Best 0, Worst 22

Post (VII, RO) : Best 3 Worst 1

Please keep the votes & posts coming

On 19/10/2017 at 9:54 PM, Fouler said:

Disney should rename Episode IV to something more exciting than A New Hope.

Perhaps they could call it something like "Star Wars"

naah, thats been done and was obviously a box office flop.

Jar Jar binks spoilt the prequils, they could have been good. Can always trust R2-D2 to save the day though.

Who here would swap their entire stereo system for a working light sabre....?

me...I'd be happy with an uncivilised blaster.

• Like 1

Someone, somewhere many years ago posted in a thread about the best viewing order of the (then) double trilogy:

IV - V - II - III - VI

And yes, that is correct one and only one should be omitted and nothing is lost... In fact something is gained - two hours of your life!

• 1 month later...

At least no one here has (yet) voted The Last Jedi to be the worst, thus making it worse than the prequels. There is a sentiment out there which suggests so and this is one person's counter to that!

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-19/the-last-jedi-is-not-worse-than-the-prequels/9270858

I have a copy of the Silver Screen Edition of Star Wars (now called A NEW HOPE).  This is my favorite version of the film even though it is as grainly as a bucket of sand, has scratches, end of reel markers etc.  

As for the BDs, TESB is my favorite.  The worst is TPM and not because of JJ Binks, but the transfer and crap that is.   

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An interesting chart showing how polarizing Last Jedi was...

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-04/chart-of-the-day-star-wars-rotten-tomatoes/9724242

We now have 2 votes on Last Jedi being the worst movie, but it trails Phantom Menace by a long way. Remember, you can change your votes at any time...

Guest Sime

I threw up in my mouth when I saw the Han trailer, and was sickened to my stomach when I saw Woody in it. 

The Last Jedi was simultaneously one the worse and one of the most interesting SW movies to date, I'm still wondering how they managed to do that ..... 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...