Best & Worst Star Wars Movie Pt II

Best & Worst Star Wars Movie  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought it would be fun to revive the vote for your best and worst of the Star Wars movies.  Sorry, no spoofs, other series etc...  Order of movies in poll in chronological order.

(Previous poll did not survive the migration from DTVForum. )

My best remains  Episode IV: A New Hope.  Saw the theater release, have the video, dvd and BD versions, says it all.  It is very hard to beat for nostalgia and impact. :D

Worst,  is Episode I: The Phantom Menace. :( Having said that, I watched the entire sequence in release order a few years ago, and it was not as bad as I recalled. Perhaps something to do with getting old.

Definitely a left field pick, but will use Rogue One as the movie to introduce someone to the Star Wars series. :ohmy:   The end of Rogue One fits nicely into A New Hope.  Will someone be baffled by The Force?  There was mention of the Force but it does not manifest itself in an overt sense like the other movies. So, it should not distract.  Vader's relatively short stint in the movie and his show of power will leave a new viewer wanting to learn more in subsequent movies.  Yes, Rogue One was intended to be an anthology, to fill a back story.  But it is good enough, in my opinion, to start the series. And with modern CGI, good picture and audio, it should get someone hooked into the series.

May the Force(ful) (debate) be with you...

Edited by Snoopy8
Typos, added latest movies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agreed with A New Hope. Was my favorite as a kid and still is today. 

Couldn't pick one as the worst. Don't disagree about TPM, but it's still Star Wars to me, so I love it.

Went with ANH to introduce to someone but. I still think the order they were made is the order the should be watched in, but that's all personal preference. Missus and I still watch them all in this order at least once a year.

At the risk of subjecting myself to on-line bullying and being ostracised from the SN community I found them all to be rather forgetful honestly.

I went through them all again just before the last one came out (whatever it was called) in order from 1 onward to refresh the memory before watching the latest one. Was all a bit meh.

Ok to watch for entertainment value but that's about it for me. I think the one I remember most would of been The Empire Strikes Back, might of been one of my first movie dates with a chick!

7 minutes ago, JSmith said:

@Marc @:) al

It seems the poll on this old thread has not come across.

Now I have checked other old poll threads from DTV (i.e. poll on IPB4, Amazon poll etc.) and the same thing has happened... can this be rectified?

Cheers,

JSmith :ninja:

You can repost all your stuff again !  :P

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Marc said:

I doubt it.

Bugger... I recall when I last looked at the IPB4 poll thread a few weeks ago the poll was still there as was the Amazon one and I assume this one too.

Seems some further changes/indexing has happened? Aw well...

11 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

You can repost all your stuff again !  :P

:laugh:

JSmith :ninja:

19 hours ago, Sime said:

Watch this poll be practically unanimous. 

You may yet be surprised :). In previous poll, worst movie was more clear cut. More divergent opinions on best one.

NOTE: you can now change your vote, can use it after seeing The Last Jedi.

Edited by Snoopy8
Typo

19 hours ago, swervyn said:

Ok to watch for entertainment value but that's about it for me.

That's kind of the point of sci-fantasy movies...to entertain.

Wife and I need to try to watch them all again before TLJ comes out....better start soon as trying to watch one movie with a 9mth old around is hard enough. Trying to watch 8 is going to require all planets, galaxies and universes to align I think.

I would enjoy Ep 2 and 3 much more if there wasn't such clunky dialogue between Anakin and Padme ("I don't like sand..."). Ep 3 actually has some flashes of brilliance, especially in the darker scenes, but that damned dialogue is a hurdle too big to overcome.

The original 3 are classics of the genre, with TESB probably being the best of the lot.

The latest movies have both been better than average - they look great, sound great and for the most part the acting and writing has been pretty good - no real hiccups to pull you out of the ride. RO was backstory filler and didn't have enough Force for my liking and TFA was an obvious homage to ANH. Really looking forward to December 14th :)

• Like 2

I saw the original in the drive in cinema in Canberra before someone thought that drive ins were stupid and they unfortunately shut down. I’d go to the cinema more often if they were still around.  

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, Snoopy8 said:

I thought it would be fun to revive the vote for your best and worst of the Star Wars movies.  Sorry, no spoofs, other series etc...  Order of movies in poll in chronological order.

(Previous poll did not survive the migration from DTVForum. )

My best remains  Episode IV: A New Hope.  Saw the theater release, have the video, dvd and BD versions, says it all.  It is very hard to beat for nostalgia and impact. :D

Worst,  is Episode I: The Phantom Menace. :( Having said that, I watched the entire sequence in release order a few years ago, and it was not as bad as I recalled. Perhaps something to do with getting old.

Definitely a left field pick, but will use Rogue One as the movie to introduce someone to the Star Wars series. :ohmy:   The end of Rogue One fits nicely into A New Hope.  Will someone be baffled by The Force?  There was mention of the Force but it does not manifest itself in an overt sense like the other movies. So, it should not distract.  Vader's relatively short stint in the movie and his show of power will leave a new viewer wanting to learn more in subsequent movies.  Yes, Rogue One was intended to be an anthology, to fill a back story.  But it is good enough, in my opinion, to start the series. And with modern CGI, good picture and audio, it should get someone hooked into the series.

May the Force(ful) (debate) be with you...

We picked the same except I chose Attack Of The Clones as the worst. At least The Phantom Menace has the Pod Race and Darth Maul.:lol:

• Like 3

On 12 October 2017 at 1:39 PM, swervyn said:

At the risk of subjecting myself to on-line bullying and being ostracised from the SN community I found them all to be rather forgetful honestly.

I went through them all again just before the last one came out (whatever it was called) in order from 1 onward to refresh the memory before watching the latest one. Was all a bit meh.

Ok to watch for entertainment value but that's about it for me. I think the one I remember most would of been The Empire Strikes Back, might of been one of my first movie dates with a chick!

Someone get the kindling and the matches, I've got the stake :ban::)

• Like 3

Oh trust me, I still think the movie really sucked, but - at least for me - there is no part of Attack of the Clones that I particularly like to rewatch. I can watch the pod race every so often. It's actually a scene that a few people have requested to see when demoing my rig

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

image.png.e96b2c21ffbcf901a5ee702f80968330.png

Star Wars fans might want to sit down for this one.

That seemingly improbable fan theory that the most despised character of the Star Wars franchise, Jar Jar Binks, is secretly an evil Sith Lord controlling all the prequel's menaces from behind the scenes; that his bumbling, comedic exterior was a simple ruse to throw off the Jedi's scent?

Well, that might actually be partially true.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-the-darth-jar-jar-binks-theory-is-partially-true-says-actor-a6923351.html

JSmith :ninja:

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2017 at 4:39 PM, swervyn said:

I'm with you. I always watch them with the utmost intent on liking them and paying attention. But I just... can't. I couldn't even tell you what happened in the last one I watched (Rogue One)

Edited by Dylan86.exe