Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy8

Best & Worst Star Wars Movie Pt II

Best & Worst Star Wars Movie  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought it would be fun to revive the vote for your best and worst of the Star Wars movies.  Sorry, no spoofs, other series etc...  Order of movies in poll in chronological order.

(Previous poll did not survive the migration from DTVForum. )

My best remains  Episode IV: A New Hope.  Saw the theater release, have the video, dvd and BD versions, says it all.  It is very hard to beat for nostalgia and impact. :D

Worst,  is Episode I: The Phantom Menace. :( Having said that, I watched the entire sequence in release order a few years ago, and it was not as bad as I recalled. Perhaps something to do with getting old.

Definitely a left field pick, but will use Rogue One as the movie to introduce someone to the Star Wars series. :ohmy:   The end of Rogue One fits nicely into A New Hope.  Will someone be baffled by The Force?  There was mention of the Force but it does not manifest itself in an overt sense like the other movies. So, it should not distract.  Vader's relatively short stint in the movie and his show of power will leave a new viewer wanting to learn more in subsequent movies.  Yes, Rogue One was intended to be an anthology, to fill a back story.  But it is good enough, in my opinion, to start the series. And with modern CGI, good picture and audio, it should get someone hooked into the series.

May the Force(ful) (debate) be with you...

Edited by Snoopy8
Typos, added latest movies

I agreed with A New Hope. Was my favorite as a kid and still is today. 

Couldn't pick one as the worst. Don't disagree about TPM, but it's still Star Wars to me, so I love it.

Went with ANH to introduce to someone but. I still think the order they were made is the order the should be watched in, but that's all personal preference. Missus and I still watch them all in this order at least once a year.

Wanted to say rogue 1 as it is the prequel to a new hope.  Imo, definitely up there with Empire strikes back.  But not something I'd introduce a young padawan to get into the star wars franchise.

At the risk of subjecting myself to on-line bullying and being ostracised from the SN community I found them all to be rather forgetful honestly.

I went through them all again just before the last one came out (whatever it was called) in order from 1 onward to refresh the memory before watching the latest one. Was all a bit meh.

Ok to watch for entertainment value but that's about it for me. I think the one I remember most would of been The Empire Strikes Back, might of been one of my first movie dates with a chick!

3 minutes ago, swervyn said:

might of been one of my first movie dates with a chick!

Rhode Island Red, or some other species?:lol:

@Marc @:) al

It seems the poll on this old thread has not come across.

Now I have checked other old poll threads from DTV (i.e. poll on IPB4, Amazon poll etc.) and the same thing has happened... can this be rectified?

Cheers,

JSmith :ninja:

7 minutes ago, JSmith said:

@Marc @:) al

It seems the poll on this old thread has not come across.

Now I have checked other old poll threads from DTV (i.e. poll on IPB4, Amazon poll etc.) and the same thing has happened... can this be rectified?

Cheers,

You can repost all your stuff again !  :P

15 minutes ago, Marc said:

I doubt it.

Bugger... I recall when I last looked at the IPB4 poll thread a few weeks ago the poll was still there as was the Amazon one and I assume this one too.

Seems some further changes/indexing has happened? Aw well...

11 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

You can repost all your stuff again !  :P

:laugh: