Where to get MDF armboards made in Brisbane

5 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Give Duc a call at @lovetube.

He has great experience with many vintage tables and I am sure he can do a custom armboard.

thanks Shane.

infact i have some original arm board for this plinth as well as i  of course can made some more with high quality grade birch ply boards

cheers

• Like 2

On 13/10/2017 at 11:14 AM, lovetube said:

thanks Shane.

infact i have some original arm board for this plinth as well as i  of course can made some more with high quality grade birch ply boards

cheers

Woah, already made up sounds fantastic.  How many do you have there thanks Duc? I'm hoping to get 3x of each.

Nice looking plinth, how is it constructed?

The main attribute of an armboard is to keep the tonearm coupled to the spindle at the correct distance. At the thickness you will require there wont be a discerning difference on any rigid material. Id just get what ever you want. A nice timber to compliment the rest of the plinth maybe.

If you were to redesign the plinth or build another from scratch you could probably better isolate the the tonearm, but you still need to keep the tonearm locked in at the correct distance from pivot point to center of spindle (or better still center of record, harder to do). The main advantage of an arm board on a deck like yours is to make it a bit more easy to remove the tonearm, its not so much to do with isolation.

Hopefully the plinth and record player work well enough together that tonearm vibration is not a problem....enjoy.

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'
1 hour ago, awty said:

Nice looking plinth, how is it constructed?

The main attribute of an armboard is to keep the tonearm coupled to the spindle at the correct distance. At the thickness you will require there wont be a discerning difference on any rigid material. Id just get what ever you want. A nice timber to compliment the rest of the plinth maybe.

If you were to redesign the plinth or build another from scratch you could probably better isolate the the tonearm, but you still need to keep the tonearm locked in at the correct distance from pivot point to center of spindle (or better still center of record, harder to do). The main advantage of an arm board on a deck like yours is to make it a bit more easy to remove the tonearm, its not so much to do with isolation.

Hopefully the plinth and record player work well enough together that tonearm vibration is not a problem....enjoy.

Second page I posted a translation from the vintage-heritage.jp site in that link. Was an option from Victor for that drive unit Matt has.

23 minutes ago, Noum said:

Second page I posted a translation from the vintage-heritage.jp site in that link. Was an option from Victor for that drive unit Matt has.

Sounds like a good design well better than the average factory built plinths. 

3 hours ago, lovetube said:

Hi Matt.

i think i have a 4 but all predilled for whatever arms was used in .

Duc

I'm looking to use a Fidelity Research FR54 and Denon DP70M tonearm on the right,  and Mayware Formula 4 up the top.... The hardest arm to get hold of so far. I'm very much looking forward to trying it.

30 minutes ago, MattyW said:

I'm looking to use a Fidelity Research FR54 and Denon DP70M tonearm on the right,  and Mayware Formula 4 up the top.... The hardest arm to get hold of so far. I'm very much looking forward to trying it.

i will  have to check the mounting dictance of the arm boards i have here for you see if it suit your arm . if you want to buy the arm boards . let me know if you do so i will do the jobs.

i have the Mayware Formula arm if you want it.

Duc

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lovetube said:

i will  have to check the mounting dictance of the arm boards i have here for you see if it suit your arm . if you want to buy the arm boards . let me know if you do so i will do the jobs.

i have the Mayware Formula arm if you want it.

Duc

I'd love to get the arm boards thanks Duc and if the holes are pre-drilled that will be much easier for me. 

I've already managed to source a Mayware after a 6 month search. So hopefully it will be working ok :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattyW said:

I'd love to get the arm boards thanks Duc and if the holes are pre-drilled that will be much easier for me. 

I've already managed to source a Mayware after a 6 month search. So hopefully it will be working ok :)

ok. i will do some measurement soon for you . what is the mounting distance of the Denon DP70M tonearm ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lovetube said:

ok. i will do some measurement soon for you . what is the mounting distance of the Denon DP70M tonearm ?

The Denon DP70M tonearm has the same measurements as the Fidelity Research FR54 tonearm  :)

• Like 1