Y B

3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets

Item: 3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets
Price: $80 each
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
Extra Info:

I come across these box sets during my last visit to Tokyo. I did not know about these releases so I presumed they were reissued specifically for the Japanese market. All three of them come in an open back box with two thick cardboards sandwiching the actual LP with the original cover. They also come with an 8-page booklet all in Japanese and white poly-lined inner sleeve. Good for those who can read. 

I presume these are pretty rare as I could only find them in one shop. The Disk Union in Shimokitazawa. I am sure I had the last copies of these albums, there were two other albums which I forgot what they were. I did a Google search when I got home. There seems to be a similar reissue in the UK but I again presume, they are without the lovely Japanese packaging. You might be able to find these box sets in other Japanese cities though.

Although Made in the EU and pressed by MPO, DeAgostini seems to have been really cautious about these Japanese reissues, or re-package. The SQ is brilliant like the best of Japanese pressings with dark and inky noise floor. It is pristine sounding but with more doses of warmth.

I have compared the Mingus Ah Um with my 45 rpm Analogue Productions pressing, the Out To Lunch with my 45 rpm Music Matters Jazz pressing. I do not have a copy of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto to compare with but all three of them stand proudly in the same sonic category. They are almost all completely silent without any surface noise... Unfortunately, there is ONE medium loud pop on Side A track 4 of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto, Desafinado. The other two records though are completely silent...

Out To Lunch was a real surprise, it turned out to be a mono pressing rather than stereo like the other two. The closest album I have to compare it with is the Sonny Rollins' Saxophone Colossus 200g Analogue Productions and it is just as brilliant sounding! Certainly, a real stand out in SQ amongst the three.

Currently selling as a package, happy to split if there are takers for each of them, $80 each. Will post, please send me your postcode for correct shipping fee. Will only send with Signature on Delivery though, So will add $2.95 to the shipping fee. I would hate to see these get lost.

Pictures:

JazzLPCollection-01.jpg.cf76aa90e3ff8af0e2e322cb9d8bca43.jpgJazzLPCollection-02.jpg.7392fcbdd84983911455664dc37d608d.jpgJazzLPCollection-07.jpg.d6c5d3f53ec5b8181edc3af0aaba7a79.jpg

Edited by Y B

Look like 3 box set each had 1lp and a Japanese book let am i correct ?  Total is 3 lp ?

3 hours ago, palexsia said:

Look like 3 box set each had 1lp and a Japanese book let am i correct ?  Total is 3 lp ?

That's correct.

Mingus Ah Um, Stan Getz/Joao sold, Out To Lunch is still available.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DolbyS
      Item full name and model : Yamaha RXV3079 
       Price and price conditions : $1500
       Reason for selling :  Upgrading
       Payment Methods:  Cash - Pickup,
       Extra Info: The receiver is in EXCELLENT condition

Hi all, selling my Yamaha A/V receiver in excellent like new condition. It was used to power 3 active front's in a 5.4.2 set up. Works perfectly fine with no issues at all. Sound quality is superb with many sound options. Also has a LAN connection to control it from you iPhone or Android device.
      Comes with all original accessories and box.
      Demo's are welcome for those who are interested. I'm located in Doncaster Victoria.
      I will post pictures of the actual unit as soon as possible. Thanks

• By DolbyS
      Item full name and model : Elite Screens Curved 2:35 anamorphic screen
       Price and price conditions : $1500 (offers welcome)
       Reason for selling :  not needed anymore
       Payment Methods:  Cash - Pickup,
       Extra Info: The screen is in EXCELLENT condition

Hi all, selling my home theater screen as I have switched to a TV screen. It is in excellent condition still hanging on the wall so you can see it. It's a curved screen so you can watch 2:35 anamorphic content without having the black bars on top and bottom.
      Any reasonable offers are welcome.
      RRP is around $3000.

You can find more info on the screen here
      https://www.alloys.com.au/103-curved-fixed-frame-2-35-1-projector-screen-anamorphic-lunette235

I'm located in Doncaster Victoria.
      Thanks

• By Phil sydney
      Item: Monitor audio GX200 speakers
      Price: $2600 FREE POSTAGE!
      Item Condition: Like New
      Reason for selling: surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Donation to stereonet upon Sale!

Beautiful pair of monitor audio Gold series
      GX200 speakers

Gloss white hardly used ..less than 20 hours.
      Immaculate like new condition!
      Suit a new buyer.
      All accesories spikes,covers and manuals
      included.

These speakers have excellent integration and refinement. They are amazingly made beautiful curved cabinets with lots of layers of laquer.

The imaging is outstanding as it uses the C-CAM ribbon tweeter and very rigid drivers for mids/bass.

These will be packed very professionally better than the stock packaging so it arrives safe n sound.
      The RRP: was $6000 so asking a fraction of the price.

These elegant floorstanders combine twin 14cm bass drivers with a 10cm midrange and the new Ceramic Coated Aluminium/Magnesium (C-CAM) ribbon tweeter with considerable skill.
        That tweeter, which uses technology from Monitor Audio’s well-regarded Premium PL series, works really well, reaching up to an impressive 60kHz.

The step forward over the previous generations is apparent the second you turn up the volume. The GX200 delivers high volume levels and a deep rumbling bass while still keeping the vocals clear and distinct.
        High-end tech filters down
      The revised drive units, with their rigid metal cones and improved motor systems, emanate a pure sound with rich dynamics that fill even quite large rooms with ease.
        The smooth integration between the drivers is coupled with enviable refinement, too, which means that the GX200s produce a balanced sound no matter what type of music you listen to, whether it’s Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonataor the pumping beats of Major Lazer.
        The GX200s’ strong bass performance, high volume capability and expansive soundstaging means they demand a decently spacious listening room.
        They’re not particularly fussy about positioning when given a little space to breathe and just a small degree of angling towards the listening position, either. However, their easygoing nature has a price.
      The GX200s also deliver in their luxury promise by being beautifully made. Their slim and elegant design comes in wood veneers such as Dark Walnut and Natural Oak, or high-gloss piano white or black.
        The sleek look of the speakers makes them instantly desirable, and we think they’d look great in any modern space.

However, the design of the GX200 wasn’t created for aesthetics alone. The cabinet is internally braced and the attractively curved profile is constructed from multiple layers of MDF and uses extensive internal bracing to reduce vibrations and distortion. Both of these do their bit to help sonic purity, too.
        Design touches are also functional
      You’ll note from the picture that the front of the speakers is clutter-free. The drive-unit bolts have been banished, replaced by a clamping arrangement held from the back panel. This not only gives a tidier look, but helps with overall rigidity, too.

• By hlov
      Item: Several records
      Price: 50 for the lot or as marked
      Item Condition: varies
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank transfer, COD Only
      Extra Info:
       I can post, pm for quote as it varies based on distance and weight 

The Style Council - Cafe Bleu, record is Ex but the sleeve is VG as it has a hole, 20
      Styx - Cornerstone, VG, 10
      Carole King - Tapestry, VG, 8
      Bryan Adams - Into the Fire, 8
      Michael McDonald - No looking back, 5
      Christopher Cross - Back of my mind, 5
      Pictures:

• By pete_mac
      Item:  FS: Traktor Scratch Pro 3 DVS DJ interface with control vinyl and CDs
      Price: $250
      Item Condition: excellent
      Reason for selling: no longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

OK... this is a long shot, but you never know who is lurking out there...

For sale is a Traktor Scratch Pro 3 DVS interface including the Native Instruments A6 interface, all required cables, two control vinyl and two control CDs, and the licence/activation code for the very latest version of Traktor Pro 3.

This allows you to use either turntables or CDJs to DJ with music saved on your laptop or computer, but with the ultimate hands-on feel and controllability!

This equipment is lightly used and in fantastic condition.

The new price is $439 for the equivalent package.

Pick-up from Gledswood Hills, or postage at the buyer's expense.

Pictures: