3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets

Guest Y B

Item: 3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets
Price: $80 each
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
Extra Info:

I come across these box sets during my last visit to Tokyo. I did not know about these releases so I presumed they were reissued specifically for the Japanese market. All three of them come in an open back box with two thick cardboards sandwiching the actual LP with the original cover. They also come with an 8-page booklet all in Japanese and white poly-lined inner sleeve. Good for those who can read. 

I presume these are pretty rare as I could only find them in one shop. The Disk Union in Shimokitazawa. I am sure I had the last copies of these albums, there were two other albums which I forgot what they were. I did a Google search when I got home. There seems to be a similar reissue in the UK but I again presume, they are without the lovely Japanese packaging. You might be able to find these box sets in other Japanese cities though.

Although Made in the EU and pressed by MPO, DeAgostini seems to have been really cautious about these Japanese reissues, or re-package. The SQ is brilliant like the best of Japanese pressings with dark and inky noise floor. It is pristine sounding but with more doses of warmth.

I have compared the Mingus Ah Um with my 45 rpm Analogue Productions pressing, the Out To Lunch with my 45 rpm Music Matters Jazz pressing. I do not have a copy of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto to compare with but all three of them stand proudly in the same sonic category. They are almost all completely silent without any surface noise... Unfortunately, there is ONE medium loud pop on Side A track 4 of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto, Desafinado. The other two records though are completely silent...

Out To Lunch was a real surprise, it turned out to be a mono pressing rather than stereo like the other two. The closest album I have to compare it with is the Sonny Rollins' Saxophone Colossus 200g Analogue Productions and it is just as brilliant sounding! Certainly, a real stand out in SQ amongst the three.

Currently selling as a package, happy to split if there are takers for each of them, $80 each. Will post, please send me your postcode for correct shipping fee. Will only send with Signature on Delivery though, So will add $2.95 to the shipping fee. I would hate to see these get lost.

Pictures:

JazzLPCollection-01.jpg.cf76aa90e3ff8af0e2e322cb9d8bca43.jpgJazzLPCollection-02.jpg.7392fcbdd84983911455664dc37d608d.jpgJazzLPCollection-07.jpg.d6c5d3f53ec5b8181edc3af0aaba7a79.jpg

Edited by Y B

Look like 3 box set each had 1lp and a Japanese book let am i correct ?  Total is 3 lp ?

Guest Y B
3 hours ago, palexsia said:

Look like 3 box set each had 1lp and a Japanese book let am i correct ?  Total is 3 lp ?

That's correct.

Guest Y B

Mingus Ah Um, Stan Getz/Joao sold, Out To Lunch is still available.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bronal
      Item:  Yamaha B-2 VFET Power Amp
      Price: $1500, including freight NOTE REDUCED PRICE
      Item Condition: cosmetically very good - 8/10; operationally 10/10
      Reason for selling: rationalising my equipment
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer
      Extra Info: I had SNA member Vintage Japan import and fully restore this amp in early 2018.  It is a Japanese 100V unit. I have heaps of photos of the restoration that I can send to anyone seriously interested in the amp.  Earlier this year I took the amp to Bill Crampton (Merlin Audio, Naquadria) for a checkover and to have it earthed, as I have an aversion to using unearthed equipment (the amp isn't double insulated).  Bill found the amp to be operationally perfect and tested it at over 120 Wpc into 8 Ohms.  As part of the restoration I had the VU meter backlights changed from amber to a light blue, which doesn't come up well in the photos, but at night is quite relaxing.  A side effect of the earthing is that the amp may cause a ground loop in some systems.  There are two easy fixes for this: (a) remove the earth connection; or (b) use the Jensen Isomax isolators supplied as part of the package.  These are, in effect, mini isolation transformers.  Also included is a 1000 Watt stepdown and an Audio Principe power cable with a Furutech mains plug.  Two comments about the photos: (a) the small brown patch on top of the amp may be slight surface rust and should be able to be removed quite easily; and (b) the scratching on the back of the amp looks a lot worse in the photo than it does to the naked eye.
      Photos:

• By Qwer1
      Item: Jamo C-109 Speaker Crossover board
      Price: $200
      Item Condition: New
      Reason for selling: not in need.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By chipy2k
      Item: Kimber 8TC
      Price:  Various see below
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: No longer used
      Extra Info: Cable bought  locally from Frankston Hi-Fi some time ago no longer required as gone active. Happy to post Australia wide approx $9.95 by Australia Post satchel bags

Lengths Single Lengths current retail $139 per meter 

2.5 Meters -  $150
      2.9 Meters -  $175
      1.4 Meters -   $75
      1.5 Meters -   $80
      1.5 Meters -   $80

• By edwardyeeks
      Item: BeyerDynamic Amiron Home + 7ft Periapt balanced cable
      Price: $600 (+ extra postage) firm
      Item Condition: Good - Includes original boxes.
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Extra Info:

Selling my Amiron Homes with a periapt balanced cables. It's about a year old and still in good shape. The only defect is that the headband microsuede at the right plastic housing came loose and I have attempted to glue it back (apparently it is a common problem all amiron homes seem to face). Other than that, only the beyerdynamic logo on top of the headband shows some wear. Comes with included carry case, original 9ft cable and original packaging.
    • By mrf0ster
      Item: MOGAMI / SignalCable  Speaker cable - SignalCable/ Emotiva  XLR cables 
      Price: Various
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Post at buyers expense
      Extra Info: Change of direction and time to offload unneeded cables. Pictures in order of items below ( May consider a trade for a vacuum cleaner 😉 )
      SPEAKER CABLES:

Mogami 3104 Bi Wire Speaker Cable 2.7 METRE Banana X 2 RRP: 350.00 
      Sell 250.00 SOLD
      http://www.mogamicable.com/category/bulk/speaker_cable/conventional_configuration/

Signal Cable Ultra Biwire 1.8 METER Banana to Spade X 2  (Imported from the US) RRP: 280.00
      Sell 180.00 SELL 100.00
      http://signalcable.com/ultraspeaker.html

Signal Cable Ultra Biwire 1.2 METER (Used as Centre) Banana to Spade X 1 (Imported from the US) RRP: 130.00
      Sell 80.00 SELL 50.00
      http://signalcable.com/ultraspeaker.html

XLR CABLES:
      Signal Cable XLR Silver Resolution Reference Balanced Interconnects X 2 (Imported from the US 2 foot) RRP: 180.00
      Sell 100.00 SELL 80.00 SOLD
      http://signalcable.com/silverresolutionxlr.html

Signal Cable XLR Analog Two Balanced Interconnects X 4 (Imported from the US 2 foot) RRP: 180.00
      Sell 100.00 SELL 80.00 SOLD
      http://signalcable.com/analogtwoxlr.html

Emotiva XLR 1 Meter x 2 (Imported from the US) RRP: 70.00
      Sell 50:00 SOLD

Signal Cable Ultra Biwire

Signal Cable XLR Analog