Y B

3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets

Item: 3 DeAgostini Japanese Reissue Jazz LP Box Sets
Price: $80 each
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
Extra Info:

I come across these box sets during my last visit to Tokyo. I did not know about these releases so I presumed they were reissued specifically for the Japanese market. All three of them come in an open back box with two thick cardboards sandwiching the actual LP with the original cover. They also come with an 8-page booklet all in Japanese and white poly-lined inner sleeve. Good for those who can read. 

I presume these are pretty rare as I could only find them in one shop. The Disk Union in Shimokitazawa. I am sure I had the last copies of these albums, there were two other albums which I forgot what they were. I did a Google search when I got home. There seems to be a similar reissue in the UK but I again presume, they are without the lovely Japanese packaging. You might be able to find these box sets in other Japanese cities though.

Although Made in the EU and pressed by MPO, DeAgostini seems to have been really cautious about these Japanese reissues, or re-package. The SQ is brilliant like the best of Japanese pressings with dark and inky noise floor. It is pristine sounding but with more doses of warmth.

I have compared the Mingus Ah Um with my 45 rpm Analogue Productions pressing, the Out To Lunch with my 45 rpm Music Matters Jazz pressing. I do not have a copy of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto to compare with but all three of them stand proudly in the same sonic category. They are almost all completely silent without any surface noise... Unfortunately, there is ONE medium loud pop on Side A track 4 of Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto, Desafinado. The other two records though are completely silent...

Out To Lunch was a real surprise, it turned out to be a mono pressing rather than stereo like the other two. The closest album I have to compare it with is the Sonny Rollins' Saxophone Colossus 200g Analogue Productions and it is just as brilliant sounding! Certainly, a real stand out in SQ amongst the three.

Currently selling as a package, happy to split if there are takers for each of them, $80 each. Will post, please send me your postcode for correct shipping fee. Will only send with Signature on Delivery though, So will add $2.95 to the shipping fee. I would hate to see these get lost.

Pictures:

JazzLPCollection-01.jpg.cf76aa90e3ff8af0e2e322cb9d8bca43.jpgJazzLPCollection-02.jpg.7392fcbdd84983911455664dc37d608d.jpgJazzLPCollection-07.jpg.d6c5d3f53ec5b8181edc3af0aaba7a79.jpg

Edited by Y B

Look like 3 box set each had 1lp and a Japanese book let am i correct ?  Total is 3 lp ?

3 hours ago, palexsia said:

Look like 3 box set each had 1lp and a Japanese book let am i correct ?  Total is 3 lp ?

That's correct.

Mingus Ah Um, Stan Getz/Joao sold, Out To Lunch is still available.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By grorr76
      Item:  Paul McCartney Egypt station Vinyls
      Price: Various
      Item Condition: EX barely played some wear on inner bags from shipping
      Reason for selling: duplicates trying to reduce collection
      Payment Method: PayPal
      shipping $10 Australia wide

Extra Info:
      Paul McCartney Egypt Station 180gram internet exclusive 2 lp coloured vinyl orange and blue with upgraded inners rare $90 (SOLD)
      Paul McCartney  Egypt Station 140gram 2 lp  $40
      Paul McCartney Egypt Station  180gram 2lp Green vinyl Spotify only special edition rare also $90
      Paul McCartney and Wings Wings at the speed of sound 180gram orange vinyl still sealed $50 2018 reissue
      all pictured below
      Pictures:

• By Y B
      Item: 10x Vinyl Cheap! Now splits.
      Price: See details.
      Item Condition: NM-
      Reason for selling: NR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer Only
      Extra Info:

Will post at buyer's cost for min. 2 albums purchase.

1x - see price list
      2-3 - $20 each

$25 Coldplay ‎– A Rush Of Blood To The Head 2013 EU Reissue Black Vinyl Sold
      $20 Curtis Harding ‎– Soul Power 2014 US Original Black Vinyl
      $25 Low ‎– The Great Destroyer 2005 US Original Black Vinyl  Sold
      $20 Low ‎– Drums And Guns 2007 US Original Black Vinyl
      $25 Radiohead ‎– In Rainbows 2008 US Reissue Black Vinyl  Sold
      $20 Royal Blood ‎– Royal Blood 1014 UK/EU Original Black Vinyl  Sold
      $25 Stereophonics ‎– Language.Sex.Violence.Other? 2016 UK/EU Reissue Black Vinyl  Sold
      $20 Jen Cloher ‎– Jen Cloher 2017 US Original Black Vinyl
      $25 Hookworms ‎– Microshift 2018 UK Original Black Vinyl
      $25 Peter Gabriel ‎– So 2016 EU Reissue Black Vinyl Sold

Pictures:

• By candyflip
      🎄 XMAS With A Conscience #1 🎄

A charity XMAS raffle for the needy, supporting a Christian organisation, run by a dyed-in-the-wool Athiest....who'da thunk it?!?!?!

Christmas can be a very lonely time of the year, especially for the homeless in our community.
      This raffle seeks to support one of our own, a charity giving drive by respected not-for-profit,
      The Wayside Chapel - Sydney

Please follow the link to see where the raffle funds will go:
      https://donate.waysidechapel.org.au/xmas18-1

How it works:
      ·         the record & books are offered FREE as prizes to SNA members.
      ·         ALL raffle funds donated in this raffle are going straight to the above link after close.
      ·         A receipt of the funds given to Wayside Chapel  and will be posted here with the video draw.
      ·         The winner gets the prizes posted to their door, FREE.
      ·         Everyone else feeds, clothes and supports in a myriad of ways, the homeless.
      ·         Unlimited $$ donations accepted until 10pm, Thursday 13/12/17

Donate here:  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8a0d3OBAcZ 

* Please drop a note in this thread to let us know you’ve donated and I can allocate you a number.
      No number requests please - they will be assigned in order of receipt of a donation.

* ‘The Hat’ software will do the draw.
      It’s old and creaky, but it does the job with a GUI frontend I can film, as we do the draw together.
      The SNA Admin and Moderator Team will have full oversight of this process.

The prizes are:

VINYL

SARAH McLACHLAN - Wonderland LP, Sealed and Brand New

Books

N.Mint Signed 1st Edition DAVID LACHAPELLE - 'Lachapelle Land' Box & Book

LaChapelle's first monograph with now iconic and elaborate portraits of celebrities & music people including k.d. lang, Andy Warhol, David Bowie, Drew Barrymore (repeatedly), David Duchovny, Leonardo DiCaprio, Faye Dunaway, Tom Jones, and many others.

David LaChapelle: LaChapelle Land.
      Simon & Schuster. 1996. First Edition. Hardcover. Original edition. Issued without a dust jacket. With the illustrated box.
      Comes with the original Map. Complete and as new.
      131 color reproductions .
      Box has two split corners to the top clamshell as usual for these editions, else is unmarked.

The book was brought new by me a few years before, kept NEW and then handed to David to sign personally on his Nokia N8 Australian promo tour in 2010 in Melbourne. The dedication from David Lachapelle across two pages:

"For Jon - Follow Your Heart Always"  and signed in a huge flourish.

My heart now says, “give this to someone who will appreciate it further”.
      It’s the perfect coffee table book for any music room or Man Cave.

Jim Morrison - Mr. Mojo - Brand new and unread

Ace Frehley - No Regrets - Brand new and unread

Prince - Let's Go Crazy - Brand new and unread

Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters - Brand new and unread

Johnny Cash - The Life - Brand new and unread

Metallica - Into The Black - Brand new and unread

Nick Cave & Cohorts - A Little History - Brand new and unread

So get into this...help the homeless with a small donation of anything you think worthy, and maybe carry away an armload of Xmas reading material for the upcoming holidays.

thank you.

Donations go here :  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8a0d3OBAcZ   (PayPal POOL set up specifically for this cause)

RAFFLE TICKETS so far (and thank you to all of you):
      #1   Marc Rushton
      #2   S.Ilich
      #3   Alpine Electrocats
      #4   Zippi
      #5   LifeIsCheap
      #6   markm1111
      #7   davewantsmoore
      #8   Interface
      #9   Spider27

• By Craigandkim
      Item:  Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
      Price: $800 ONO (+ postage)
      Item Condition: Excellent condition
      Reason for selling: Not using
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+2.4%), Direct Credit
      Extra Info: 
      http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/project-audio-systems-phono-box-rs
      https://www.analogueseduction.net/project-phono-stages/pro-ject-phono-box-rs.html
      https://www.analogplanet.com/content/pro-ject’s-mmmc-phono-box-rs-chronic-overachiever

• By Kafunis
      Item: Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland 30TH Anniversary Vinyl Box .
      Price: $150
      Item Condition: NM New Sealed
      Reason for selling: Don't need 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct Debit, COD Only
      Extra Info: Hi, This is the newly released Electric Ladyland 30Th  6LP/ Blu Ray Box. I preordered this a while ago and forgot all about it, anyway I can return it but I thought I might see if anyone wants to take it for $150 . I just want to get a few other releases at the moment and this is not a priority .

Pick up Brisbane or can post for $22 East Coast .

Pictures: