Asus RT-AC88U router- unboxed but unused

Item: Asus RT-AC88U Router - one of the best wifi routers on the market, and with 8 LAN ports to boot!
Price: $350 posted
Item Condition: Unboxed, but new
Reason for selling: Thought it was going to work as an NBN Modem- which it will if you have fibre to the premises, but unfortunately I got stuck with rubbish copper fttn... :-(
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Fantastic router with a great user interface, super fast and reliable wifi, and 8 LAN ports; absolutely one of the best routers on the market at any price. I bought it to replace my basic 4-port modem/router but unfortunately it needs a FTTP service to work as a modem, so no good for where I live. Why are we still living in the electronic dark ages in this country?!!!! Anyway, rant over, but grab a new router at a bargain price!!!

Pictures: Pm me if you need them, it's brand new, and was only unboxed long enough to figure out it wouldn't work for me, then back in the box it goes...

Edited by Wiffle
free postage

17 hours ago, Wiffle said:

Item: Asus RT-AC88U Router - one of the best wifi routers on the market, and with 8 LAN ports to boot!
Price: $350 + post (ono)
Item Condition: Unboxed, but new
Reason for selling: Thought it was going to work as an NBN Modem- which it will if you have fibre to the premises, but unfortunately I got stuck with rubbish copper fttn... :-(
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Fantastic router with a great user interface, super fast and reliable wifi, and 8 LAN ports; absolutely one of the best routers on the market at any price. I bought it to replace my basic 4-port modem/router but unfortunately it needs a FTTP service to work as a modem, so no good for where I live. Why are we still living in the electronic dark ages in this country?!!!! Anyway, rant over, but grab a new router at a bargain price!!!

Pictures: Pm me if you need them, it's brand new, and was only unboxed long enough to figure out it wouldn't work for me, then back in the box it goes...

GLWTS.

BTW the reason we live in the electronic dark ages in this country is our politicians.

They could not organise a chook raffle down the pub let alone something like the NBN.

A Pox on both their Parties (with apologies to the Bard)

Guest palexsia

Same here , Just come back home from Japan and see how their rail ticket system work compare with our stupid my key . AUSTRALIA NBN IS RUBBISH . THANKS TO TURNBULL the former communication minister .

41 minutes ago, Saxon Hall said:

GLWTS.

BTW the reason we live in the electronic dark ages in this country is our politicians.

They could not organise a chook raffle down the pub let alone something like the NBN.

A Pox on both their Parties (with apologies to the Bard)

I have one of these at home. Been rock solid and the extra LAN ports are handy.

You could use your existing router by switching off the DNS etc  just to feed this to do all the routing/wireless etc. Thats how I use mine off a Telstra Cable Modem.

Thanks folks for your support. I recently moved house and went from FTTP to FTTN; what a bloody debacle our NBN is, and that any communications minister would pull the pin on FTTP for all metropolitan Australians is just a sad, sad joke. Turnbull, for this and many other reasons, sucks.

I thought about just using it as a router with my current modem, but it's such a waste as I only bought it for the extra ports and I don't run wifi at home, so a cheap 8-port switch is a much less wasteful option. Hopefully someone will get good use out of this excellent router...

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...