Quite simply one of the best sci-fi movies I’ve seen, i’d go so far as to say it’s better than the original! Stunning visuals, audio. Grandiose in its scale and so respectful to the original.

Intelligent and treats the viewer as such.

Great to hear! I'll definitely go and watch it. 

34 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Quite simply one of the best sci-fi movies I’ve seen, i’d go so far as to say it’s better than the original!

Good news, on my list to see. :)

JSmith :ninja:

Tomorrow night..... 2h 40m 

Just saw it. Went in somewhat sceptical seeing the Bladerunner is one of my all time favourite films and came out amazed. Absolutely loved it and as @Hydrology said found it very respectful to the original. Beware though this is not an action flick and can be very dialogue heavy and somewhat slow in places but personally i'd much prefer that to most other films these days where you come out with your head spinning from all the action.

Only criticism was that I found the dialogue difficult to understand  in places but that could just be the particular cinema. 8.5/10 for me

The sign of a true sci-fi classic is when the world created is so believable that you dont think about it - my wife is NOT a sci-fan and for her the sci-fi was not distracting at all. The cinematography was incredible - Roger Deakins better win the Oscar for this!

No spoilers please if you can answer, but do you need to have seen the original to follow the new one.? 

Wifey wants to see it as well, but hasn't seen original 

Na not required as i think it stands alone really well and a lot is explained in the opening monologue.

Couldn’t bring myself to watch it because of Ryan Gosling. He would have to be the most wooden, one dimensional actor ever. He is so not believable, he has one facial expression and that’s it.

Rant over. :)

Previews do look pretty good.

My son saw it two nights ago and he can be pretty critical. He loved it. BTW, we all finished the computer game back in the late 90's. (My 3 boys and myself)

He said his GF wasnt that impressed, but he also said its a movie critics/lovers movie.:thumb: 

5 hours ago, Pops110 said:

Couldn’t bring myself to watch it because of Ryan Gosling. He would have to be the most wooden, one dimensional actor ever. He is so not believable, he has one facial expression and that’s it.

Rant over. :)

Previews do look pretty good.

I watched it tonight. Funny you say that, because he was pretty wooden in this film. But then, the guy is a replicant. So maybe they are meant to be wooden like that. 

I absolutely loved it. Tubularbells is spot on - respectful to the original, and it's more dialogue than action. Oh yeah, I found the dialogue at times difficult to hear in my cinema (Chadstone) also. 

Coulda taken at least 30 minutes out of this moofie, I reckon. 

The future was supposed to look grim and dystopian, but if there's giant naked anime hologram babes then it can't be too bad.

David Bautista (from Guardians Of The Galaxy) was good in the beginning. Ryan Gosling wasn't too bad either. Jared Leto was a bit blah as a villian. Harrison Ford put a lot more effort into this moofie than he did for Star Wars Episode XIX or whatever.

--Geoff

On 09/10/2017 at 5:28 PM, cafe67 said:

No spoilers please if you can answer, but do you need to have seen the original to follow the new one.? 

Wifey wants to see it as well, but hasn't seen original 

I will say that I haven't watched Bladerunner for years and never really revisited it after it going over my head way back when....

This was however an exceptional film for me. I loved it. There is enough information for anyone to know what's going on with ever seeing the first at all. I thought it was one of the best films of the year for me so far. It looks amazing and very well made all round - directing, acting, editing and cinematography 

Edited by jutta

I watched Bladerunner/Directors cut last week as a reminder for tonight's marathon watch. Should be fun. 

Saw it today in Ballarat, good show. Concur with generally everyone's views. I thought Ryan Gosling was good. As stated, great cinematography, and Hans and his offsider Benjamin Wallfisch, as always, great soundtrack. 

Matt.

Hopefully going tonight if we can arrange babysitters. Have been listening to the new soundtrack on Tidal the last 2 nights. Excellent nod to the original. Without even being a fan my wife knew instantly what the music was.

We were going to watch the UHD of the original last night but life got in the way.

Edited by blybo

On 10/9/2017 at 3:49 PM, Hydrology said:

Quite simply one of the best sci-fi movies I’ve seen, i’d go so far as to say it’s better than the original! Stunning visuals, audio. Grandiose in its scale and so respectful to the original.

Intelligent and treats the viewer as such.

Agreed after seeing it last night. Only criticism after sleeping on it was that perhaps just a smidge slow, and overly focused on the brilliant cinematography and mood, although that seems a hallmark of Villeneuve. I thought the original had better pace overall and carried the story forward better. Still loved this and the secret storyline is a belter :wub:

I didn’t like the original, and I tried a few times, so it’ll be interesting to see if I like this one once it’s out in the shops. 

SDC_2352902_2017-05-10--08-35-40.jpg

looking forward to this on uhd :) looks like a well made movie with good audio and video so be a good one to experience :) 

Just purchased "limited edition" CD from "music store". Tried googling a vinyl release, however only this CD so far. Don't know what is so special about the LE. States only 2049 copies, (mind you, first edition sold out, now have another edition) Cost $20.49 USD. 

Should keep it sealed and see what sort of condition it will be in 2049!!!!......... I'll be 82!!!!!!!

Saw Bladerunner 2049.

If you haven't seen the original Bladerunner do your self a favour and see it first.

The first Bladerunner sets the scene for 2049. Yes it is a great stand alone movie but seeing the first just adds so much more.

12 hours ago, :) al said:

SDC_2352902_2017-05-10--08-35-40.jpg

looking forward to this on uhd :) looks like a well made movie with good audio and video so be a good one to experience :) 

This is one of those movies that DEMANDS the cinema experience, no matter how good your home theatre is. I haven’t used my Theatre room this year at all, until after I saw this. It brought the enjoyment and fun back.