Sign in to follow this  
F18

FS: Audio Alchemy DDS-2 CD Transport & Audio Alchemy Digital Transmission Interface

Item: Rare Audio Alchemy DDS-2 CD Transport NO Remote Control and Audio Alchemy Digital Transmission Interface
Price: $550 for the transport and $170 for the DTI
Item Condition:
Good to great, see below.
Reason for selling: Surplus, extra toys
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal + fee
Extra Info:

So as promised here I have up for sale my second rare Audio Alchemy DDS-2 transport but without the original remote control. I am selling another identical unit with its original remote control here: https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/234264-fs-audio-alchemy-dds-2-cd-transport-wremote-control/

Like my other DDS-2 transport, It has recently been serviced as well as some modifications done to the chassis (dampening), EMI/RFI filter board installed to power supply etc and a fix for a mechanical design flaw present on all stock DDS 2 players which can damage the transport cd draw over time. This one has had some surgery performed on it by my tech, it was purchased from another seller who did tamper with it and could not fix it, thus leaving it in complicated mess. The repairs involved rewinding specific secondary windings of original transformer, re-laminated with varnish epoxy, a hard to source digital chipset replacement, a new 16.933mhz oscillator clock and a new laser both sourced from Japan. The other service includes replacement of all capacitors (original ones were no good), diodes in the digital power supply section to ultra fast recovery types, transport mechanism check up (laser, micro-switch, motor's, spindle, belts, pulley's and gears lubricated where needed) etc. These transports use the rare and reliable Sanyo transport using the SF-90/P1 laser mechanism which is found in the high end CEC TL-XX series transports and sound fantastic as an overall spinner, can read original CD's and CD-R/RW's with ease. Superb bass handling, treble control and soundstage impression to the listener. Connections wise, only SPDIF/coaxial out.

Due to its vintage there are some minor nicks on chassis and casing, some usual wear and tear but overall a conservative 7.5/10 condition, face plate itself is practically clean but there is some minor knocks to the corners of the faceplate which has been touched up with nail polish by my tech. I have two of these units, this one has an extensive service and does not come with the remote control, whilst the other does and has a general service/health checkup.

I also have a revamped Digital Transmission Interface with its original 120v wallwart to go with and match with these players, the Digital Transmission Interface or "DTI" is designed to lower jitter and sundry noise exhibited by the player (or whatever interface) it is plugged into. Great sounding combination for sure. I rate it a conservative 8/10 condition (needs a wipe down) with a minor nick to one of the corners. Has audiophile anti-vibration cones installed.

PS, both units have screen protectors cut out for the displays, not perfect as you can see some bubbles but I like to take care of my things. :)

Cheers,

Pictures:

IMG_1579.thumb.JPG.812cc7c0cfd42544957a9e4f00c00675.JPG

IMG_1580.thumb.JPG.3b99451509e1369982bfa0164d055e78.JPG

Edited by willio747

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By olegau
      Price: $800 Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Too big for my desktop. Wife factor Further information: 
      Adelaide Speakers Ascension Woodfox Ribbon 822SRTL Bookshelf /stand mount
      High quality woofer using an Papyrus cone, ribbon tweeter, Rose Mahogany Veneer. 
       Two years old 
      Audition welcome
      Power 120W
      8 ohms
      Sensitivity 91db
      Dimensions: 500 H x 270W x 315D mm  
      Weight is approximately 18kg each.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Sunnybridge
      Price: $30 Item Condition: Brand new Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Hurstville State: New South Wales Payment Method: Reason for selling: Bought too many Further information: 
      high quality power plug make in Taiwan. Brand new in unopen bag. 
      rhodium plated version. 
      $30 each + postage
      Available quantity: 5 

• By jomjom
      Price: $1600 Item Condition: Used,mint Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Middleton Grange State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on pickup,paypal Reason for selling: NLR Further information: A pair of Elac unifi floor standing speakers in matt white finish.Designed by world famous speaker designer Andrew Jones. Bought last November from an authorised dealer.I have receipts and original boxes.Buyer pays shipping costs and insurance.

note: if sold here will donate to SNA.

• By MAST88
      Price: $350 Item Condition: 9.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Homebush State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash or EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      All Items were bought together and have only done under 50 hrs before I upgraded. Schiit Mani comes with box and all accessories, 2M Red came stock with my Acoustic Signature TT hence it has the 'Acoustic Signature' brand on it (brand collab?), no box for this however, can have something organized for postage. Tonar weight is 760g.

RRP Schiit Mani $270, still has invoice and 8 months warranty left  *SOLD
      RRP Tonar weight $170
      RRP 2M Red $160
      Total RRP $600
      Selling $350

• By Raphael
      Price: $1100 Item Condition: Very good. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Kew/ Doncaster East State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash or paypal Reason for selling: NLR. I purchased this to see if I like Class D amps. And this lead me to sell my Vincent and purchased the Mytek Amp (class D). So now I have 2 amps. I want to keep the Nuforce if possible but need to raise funds to buy a preamp now to match. Further information: 
       I purchased from a reputable and a gentlemen SNA member few months ago to see if I like Class D amps. And this lead me to sell my Vincent and purchased the Mytek Amp (class D). So now I have 2 amps. I want to keep the Nuforce if possible but need to raise funds to buy a preamp now to match. This is a fantastic amp. Detail and punchy bass. Compare with the Mytek Amp class D, not much difference except i find the Nuforce produce more bass than the Mytek. With the Nuforce I don't need to run a sub with the R3. Maybe the Mytek need more burn in time I don't know (Just a week old). I have attached the link below I purchased the amp from. He has better pics than mine. Thanks for viewing. 

hotos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.