Audio dropout

what cable you using again DB ?

though I've experienced this in early days on uhd disc players particularly with oppo 203 was notorious ! were trying to blame discs telling us to wash them :D

not had any drop out for very very  long time ! 

1 hour ago, :) al said:

though I've experienced this in early days on uhd disc players particularly with oppo 203 was notorious ! were trying to blame discs telling us to wash them :D

So what have you done recently to resolve that issue apart from going from a 203 to a 205?

And have you had any glitches like this with the 205.  This is my main concern as I'm thinking of upgrading.

15 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

So what have you done recently to resolve that issue apart from going from a 203 to a 205?

And have you had any glitches like this with the 205.  This is my main concern as I'm thinking of upgrading.

nothing apart from turf the 203 from whence it came and have the 205 move in some months later and many many many many firmware updates since. they must have installed an anti freeze system.

I promise to write something up in next week or so. should be possible :)

Just now, :) al said:

nothing apart from turf the 203 from whence it came and have the 205 move in some months later and many many many many firmware updates since. they must have installed an anti freeze system.

I promise to write something up in next week or so. should be possible :)

Be interesting if you kept the 203 and preserver with it with all these FW.  However I would have done the same, you buy a disc player to play disc.  :D      But if it constantly have issues,  it's excercise the refund!     Hence the reason I didn't wanna be a OPPO test guinea pig :huh:  been there done that!   

No doubt you'll see many many more FW...

7 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Be interesting if you kept the 203 and preserver with it with all these FW.  However I would have done the same, you buy a disc player to play disc.  :D      But if it constantly have issues,  it's excercise the refund!     Hence the reason I didn't wanna be a OPPO test guinea pig :huh:  been there done that!   

No doubt you'll see many many more FW...

there was an update last week :D it addresses "disc playability" i believe :)

3 hours ago, :) al said:

I forget the make of the cable as it's written on the cable inside the ceiling somewhere.Its one of those $70 jobs.I am also running the Panasonic ub900 player.Its the first time I have ever had an audio drop out in a movie.I have no dropouts playing a concert DVD through my denon  a1ud player. The disc is brand new.

19 minutes ago, drummerboy01 said:

Ah just remembered the name of my hdmi cable as it's a Concord.

oh ok. id replace that if can. the $69 office works comsol works fine over $10m or if doing 10m+ you need the significantly more expensive ruipro

yep re drop outs its typically brand new discs. they say there is a film on them and need to be washed. i never had a disc drop out on me with the pana. but the oppo 203 was notorious but have never had one drop out on the 205

disc freezes is a nothing thing all together 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, :) al said:

oh ok. id replace that if can. the $69 office works comsol works fine over $10m or if doing 10m+ you need the significantly more expensive ruipro

yep re drop outs its typically brand new discs. they say there is a film on them and need to be washed. i never had a disc drop out on me with the pana. but the oppo 203 was notorious but have never had one drop out on the 205

disc freezes is a nothing thing all together 

I have a 10m office works also but just have to run it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drummerboy01 said:

I have a 10m office works also but just have to run it out.

best thing to do is just hook it up without running all the way through the walls ceiling etc run it for a while to confirm all works. and then after a few weeks do the swap.

cables unfortunately are a bit of a go no go with uhd. I've not had any reports of the concord working it might but on other hand it could be causing some gripes :) so worth exploring. especially since with the pana I never ever experienced a drop out. not to suggest couldnt be some disc thing. 

• Like 1

I managed to break the plug on one of my cheapy Officeworks 4K HDMI cables the other day     

Found an older one and it wasn't until yesterday I realised it had no ARC so found another which did have ARC but I keep getting intermittent signal dropouts then it comes back online. (Anything coming from the 4k bd player, whether movie or you tube etc)

Ordered 3 new ones from EZYHD yesterday so will be able to confirm in a couple of day whether it is indeed HDMI cable issue (which I suspect will be as had no such problems before)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy01 said:

That's great swervyn. So the problem was the hdmi cable going from your bluray 4K player to your receiver source.Is that correct?.

yep, correct, but I also replaced the one from the receiver to the tv at the same time. 100% sure my issue was HDMI cable as the 2 older ones I had tried had different issues. One was ok with ARC but the other not, one kept dropping out audio but the other didnt. On another note I watched a movie last night streamed from the pc via plex media server and I had zero buffering and zero dropouts. Buffering has been a bit hit and miss lately and am wondering whether it might of been HDMI cable related? Probably not but will know after a few more movies.

• Like 1

if have some old cables replace them, but even for uhd I can tell you for 1-2m short lengths e.g. player to AVR any high speed current hdmi should be fine. but yes for uhd in particular if running over 2m AVR to display the kind of cable becomes more critical. and 2 to say 10m length its pretty restrictive in options. and same over 10m....

• Like 1

Well after updating my ub900 to the latest firmware, i have watched 2 movies in 4k and can report no audio drop outs so far. Will give it another 3 weeks of watching before i switch cables but so far after the update i have had zero problems in 4k.:)

Edited by drummerboy01
  • Like 1