Destiny 2

What a letdown.

I never played Destiny 1, but I'm a huge fan of the Halo series, so I thought Bungie would have made a fun and accessible game.

Not true.

First off, so many games these days have totally stopped giving a crap about the solo campaign. Everything has become about damn multiplayer, multiplayer, multiplayer (as someone who doesn't play multiplayer, this is rather annoying). There is absolutely no challenge in the Destiny 2 campaign, it's all about shooting as much as possible to level up your XP and gain new items. They are simplifying things to make sure that no one is scared of playing, but thereby making the process a complete waste of time. I could literally just spin around and shoot in circles and still get the job done. Even if you die, you're gonna get respawn a few seconds later. 

Secondly, the loot. I don't get the armor... if I get an upgraded item, why can't my player just wear it automatically? Why do I have to select it? Why would I want an inferior leg or chest armor? Guns are all fairly interchangeable, enemies are dull and repetitive. Level design is decent, but I get so tired of trudging around from the farm to earth. I just want a linear campaign without so much faffing about.

Oh, and the straw that broke the camel's back? I had to pause the game for about 10 minutes, then when I came back, the game told me it had logged me out and I would have to repeat the 30 minutes I had been playing all over again. No thanks.

Luckily, I rented it, so back to the store today!

Give me Halo 6 asap

1.5/5

Edited by winnerwinner

So you’re not a fan? ;)

I totally agree with you that the campaign was way to easy. Didn’t the bad guy just look and sound like Bain and Dark Vader had a baby?

As for the changes they made to the loot system from D1 where exotic items you really had to grind for and were hard earned. D2 is just giving them away. I was in the communal tower area (post campaign area) wearing and exotic helmet that I got from an engram and I could see THREE other players around me with the exact same helmet, that’s not ‘exotic’. 

Its a shame you don’t like multiplayer as the co-op stuff can be good fun with some mates online, but your right about the rest :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got this game with my PS4 Pro, Installed it, then browsed the menu.

Eventually, I stupidly entered the code to get all future updates, before actually starting the game.....which took 50+GB out of my monthly download, and 2 to 3 hours out of my life while doing so.

That's all before I was able to start the game...... I played about 5 minutes of it, got to the sector where I was handed a rifle instead of the default hand gun......and that will do me thanks.

Game OVER!

Just not interested.

• 2 months later...

Not me either. The DLC that increased power levels for those only with the DLC. That unbalanced things so I left it there.

The new heists missions that is free in GTAV has got my gamer crew back to that ?

• 1 year later...

Destiny 2 is a good game - and with Activision out of the way, it just might become great.

It's like Halo in that the gunplay and movement are what keep you coming back, whether for PvP or PvE.

I'm not blind to its problems, one of which is that I reckon you need to be in a clan, or at least have a bunch of mates who all play, to get the most out of it.

But I've been gaming for a long time and Destiny/Destiny 2 have given me some of my best moments ever.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Playing on PC for free. Kinda interesting game. Don't know what it is but gives me head to toe goosebumps when starting a fight in dark caves etc. 

I find the campaign/map very difficult to navigate. Keep doing the same missions unknowingly. Find gaining xp and weapons confusing. This combined with easy battles like mentioned above I've lost interest. Kind of a shame because it looks so good and is pretty fun.