Custom Perspex Cover

On 10/5/2017 at 9:22 PM, JPete9 said:

I am looking for a custom perspex/acrylic cover for my valve amp. The guy i used in the past has closed his ebay account. Who is recommended for reasonably priced custom perspex covers?

Gee sounds like that might be the same guy that made mine a few years ago.
Nicely made and exactly to my specs.
Really nice old school guy, he had an accent and was into rebuilding turntables as well.

He was great to deal with. Should have kept his phone number.

Either he decided no to do it anymore or got fed up with how eBay/PayPal has been gradually making things unfairer for sellers and easier for buyers to rip off sellers.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, JPete9 said:

I am looking for a custom perspex/acrylic cover for my valve amp. The guy i used in the past has closed his ebay account. Who is recommended for reasonably priced custom perspex covers?

Me too.

Yeah the guy was in nsw and always had high end tables for sale too

I’ve found some one in melb and indicative price under 200. Sent exact measurements and wait for quote.

I want cut outs on the side for lifting and one at the back for the cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JPete9
  • Like 1

On 05/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, JPete9 said:

JPete9,

Cover is for which tube amplifier? 

Regards,

We use a place called Diffuser Industries out in Thomastown when we need to get something like this for a customer.  Really helpful and pretty quick turn-around:

http://www.diffusers.com.au/ 

We sent them some drawings for quite a complex cover for our Solar Inverter and it came out spot on.

Cheers,

Tex

Edited by Teksiis
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, muzzagruzz said:

I know of two in Sydney and can provide names tomorrow if anyone is interested. One in Punchbowl and the other in Bankstown. 

Interested in NSW based who I can order from online and will post to the country. 

(Aussie Post increases costs if they go over a state line. :emot-bang:)

Also in Sydney, Ausneon in Punchbowl - 17 Moxon Rd - 9707 4666. They made a cover and base for my VPI turntable as well as a cut-out for my Solid Tech rack, all for a reasonable cost. Can't seem to find the name of the place in Yagoona - they can laser cut perspex into more elaborate shapes. I have something planned for them to make for me - should look good. 

Does anyone know of someone in Brisbane that does custom Perspex 

Hi Bill,

I used a company on the Gold Coast in 2012 to make a custom perspex case for my turntable.

I've just dug out the receipt - All Star Plastics at Southport.

It was a one off job to my request - 10mm base plinth with routed outer edges for the 4.5mm lid to sit on. I had some cable apertures cut also. Came to $230 delivered and from memory turn around was within a week.

See attached photos.

aff52b35a84d2cb34d789dbdbf6f2d40.jpgd5dff0b76225c0a66374c0665444e4e9.jpg35a90bcc698f87da01c72c5c49d9b48f.jpg

I hope they're still going? They were very helpful and easy to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, dirktoggler said:

Hi Bill,

I used a company on the Gold Coast in 2012 to make a custom perspex case for my turntable.

I've just dug out the receipt - All Star Plastics at Southport.

It was a one off job to my request - 10mm base plinth with routed outer edges for the 4.5mm lid to sit on. I had some cable apertures cut also. Came to $230 delivered and from memory turn around was within a week.

See attached photos.

aff52b35a84d2cb34d789dbdbf6f2d40.jpgd5dff0b76225c0a66374c0665444e4e9.jpg35a90bcc698f87da01c72c5c49d9b48f.jpg

I hope they're still going? They were very helpful and easy to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. 

Ill see see if I can track them down. 

Cheers 

5 minutes ago, keyboardman_uk said:

Amazing what you find on here. Those cables still sounding great Bill. You should definitely market them. 

Thanks mate. 

I do sell them very cheaply to people who want them.  But dont market them at all 

Cheers 

Edited by Bill125812

Picked it up today - looks awesome and exactly to measurement. If anyone is looking for Weston Topaz (and probably other westons) these are the inside measurements i used. Little rubber feet coming later.

480mm Wide (left to right)

365mm Deep (front to back)

225mm High

Cutout Rear 370mm wide and 75mm high (centred)

Cutouts Sides 150mm wide and 30mm high (centred)

20171016_214015366_i_OS.jpg 20171016_214011600_i_OS.jpg 20171016_214018732_i_OS.jpg 20171016_214022811_i_OS.jpg