FS: Van Den Hul D102 MkIII Hybrid Halogen Free RCA Cable

Item:  Van Den Hul D102 Mk III, Hybrid Halogen Free RCA interconnects, 1 x 1 meter and 2 x 0.5 meters.
Price:  1 meter $100, 0.5 meter $50
Item Condition:  Used
Reason for selling:  Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Pictures:

59d5cdda75681_20171005_170001(2).thumb.jpg.09bab2a67c699602994523d104912661.jpg

12 hours ago, gbb said:

Item:  Van Den Hul D102 Mk III, Hybrid Halogen Free RCA interconnects, 1 x 1 meter and 2 x 0.5 meters.
Price:  1 meter $100, 0.5 meter $50
Item Condition:  Used
Reason for selling:  Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Pictures:

59d5cdda75681_20171005_170001(2).thumb.jpg.09bab2a67c699602994523d104912661.jpg

8 hours ago, Jimboz said:

hmmmm - I didn't know they looked like this - thought they were bright yellow with Gold RCAs with writing? 

Correct.  These cables are clearly not *contemporary* D102 Mk III's.  One fuzzy photo, wrong colour, not VDH connectors

Edited by peterr

6 hours ago, gbb said:

Is it possible that over time the color and writing fades?  Could you pm me a pic of your interconnects, Pete?

Pictures from 1997 are on the VDH website. Copyright prevents posting

Edited by peterr

I can just make out the writing on a couple of mine, I see what you mean by the rca's.  If I'd had any doubts about mine, I wouldn't have put them up for sale.  Thanks for the pic.

no misleading - all good.

I got a pair that look like the real thing just like spider (writing, connectors, direction label) but I reckon they are one of the many fakers that floated around - came in a black bag from the Bay, without any packaging. They seem stiff compared to another model of VDH interconnects I got from here (with the packaging) and when you undo the gold connector they seem slightly different.....

Greg I believe these are genuine but with the RCA plugs replaced. Maybe the previous owner had a long pair and cut them down to make some shorter pairs and wanted matching RCA plugs? 17 years old (and second owner) is a bit early for ebay "fakes".

56 minutes ago, Upfront said:

Greg I believe these are genuine but with the RCA plugs replaced. Maybe the previous owner had a long pair and cut them down to make some shorter pairs and wanted matching RCA plugs? 17 years old (and second owner) is a bit early for ebay "fakes".

Based on the info from the VDH website, and my personal ownership, these are not genuine.  The circa 1997-2000 version had a yellow/gold jacket and black connectors. Latter versions had gold connectors. This is not a name and shame exercise. If in doubt, a simple email of the pics to VDH or the Oz distributor would clear this up in a jiffy. 

I was pointing out that even if they look the part, they could be NQR.

Like here are mine (that I think are probably fake?? - they are about 10 yrs old) next to "the Wave" (green) which I know is the real thing - see how the RCA are different?

Anyone got the real thing - do the RCAs look like the green one?

vdh.JPG

13 hours ago, gbb said:

I appreciate you explaining that, Jim.  Makes me want to grab the genuine article to compare.  If something positive has come from this, it's been enlightening.

To clarify, there was no suggestion you were misleading.  I would just hate to think you haven't been getting full VDH value for your money.  I was scammed by some fake VDH cable over 10 years ago so I have a sensitivity.  BTW, the real-deal D102 III hybrids are a great cable and were my 'go to' cable for many years, until I bought the Jubilee hybrids (at 5 times the price!).

10 hours ago, Jimboz said:

I was pointing out that even if they look the part, they could be NQR.

Like here are mine (that I think are probably fake?? - they are about 10 yrs old) next to "the Wave" (green) which I know is the real thing - see how the RCA are different?

Anyone got the real thing - do the RCAs look like the green one?

vdh.JPG

Mine are definitely the real thing, bought from a great local store here in Melbourne.

can confirm mine are identical to your green one. 

funny thing is, I was going to sell mine as i’ve Changed over to Chord shawline....that why I clicked on the thread!

Edited by spider™

Thanks Pete, Spider, and Jim.  I bought mine second hand in 2001 locally but given some other items I purchased at the time, it doesn't totally surprise me that I've been done by this but still a bit disappointing.  I also went to other brands.

5 hours ago, Jimboz said:

Thanks Spider - that makes sense as these lookalikes sound **it! but they definitely smooth a sharp system by removing all the details :)

Brilliant! But at least you can say you can hear the difference between interconnects! All those people that say they make no difference- they obviously haven’t bought dodgy stuff off eBay!

drop me a line if you’d like to buy the real deal!