Snoopy8

GIESELER Groß DAC Review

So a quick question for those who've heard both; how does the gross compare to the standard klein in terms of Soundstage presentation, and also in terms of bass presence and extension?
Would love to hear from you folks!

See

See

Thanks Snoopy, I'm aware of that thread and have been following it; I wanted to see if anyone had a more up to date and detailed opinion just on those 2 aspects in particular...

Not sure it makes sense to compare the Klein to the Groß. They are using different DAC chips, designed and built differently, and in different price brackets. Klein is an excellent entry level DAC, Groß is for the high end. As illbarto mentioned, it is not even close! 

Sorry to disagree, but of course it makes sense! Yes there is a big difference in price, but they're both DAC's and designed to turn a digital signal into sound, regardless of how they're built. Surely there's needs to be a sonic improvement to justify the added expense? Is it twice as "good"? 5x? 10x?

Moreover, I'm asking for input on specific areas on the sound quality; yes Illbarto mentioned the improvement to soundstage, but he mentioned a "tightening" of the bass, not it's presence or extension which i believe are very different things. Moreover, he's the only one who's weighed in on specifics; other comments seem to say it's great, but not specifically why. I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I consider putting my fairly limited funds into one; I don't have the cash to just buy one on a whim. FWIW I already have 3 other pieces of Clay's gear, so I'm not a tyre kicker; trying to get genuine feedback on an unknown product is all.

Cheers,

Steve :-)

I have spoken to people, whose ears and opnion I trust based on what they have told me before, and they tell me that it is much better.

Unfortunately I have not delved into the detail and I do understand where you are coming from. I would suggest putting your hand up for the one that is/will be going on tour. IMO the only way to find out is to listen to the equipment.

On 02/02/2018 at 11:31 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Not sure it makes sense to compare the Klein to the Groß. They are using different DAC chips, designed and built differently, and in different price brackets. Klein is an excellent entry level DAC, Groß is for the high end. As illbarto mentioned, it is not even close! 

I may convince my brother to get a Klein DAC II as the centre of a system for him..... Once I manage to convince him he needs better than a sound bar.... I'll get there.

Has RRP been released for this DAC? I checked their website and I couldn't find it listed. 

I'm planning on upgrading my Chord Hugo, would this be a viable upgrade? 

Clay has been extremely slack with his website. Pricing here

Sponsor

Thanks Snoopy - spot on!

Working on the web site right now so expect to see an updated site very soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now