HiFi Show Saturday Night Dinner Nov. 4th 2017

Have decided to create a separate thread for the hifi Show dinner on the (4th November) Saturday night.

Due to the fantastic occasion we had last time at the Belgian Beer Cafe I have made enquiries on  costs for  the dinner and drinks packages.

The combined dinner and drinks package doesn't look like it would be economical for large numbers of people and sure there would be a big variation in how much each individual drinks , (hint :Tubularbells/Yamaha Man) with a smattering of Teetotallers .

So best option might be to select from the Set Menu ($55 for 3 course) or Banquet ($45 for 3 Course but only choice Pork for main).

Anyway have attached PDF's plus pasted list of menu for everyone to peruse and give feedback on preferences.

[mention=125306][emoji4] al[/mention] 

[mention=105306]scuzzii[/mention]

[mention=113319]frankn[/mention]

[mention=132644]elcamry[/mention]

[mention=109782]Hensa[/mention]

[mention=108439]Sir Sanders Zingmore[/mention]

[mention=150921]Martykt[/mention]

[mention=122789]Tubularbells[/mention]

[mention=131641]darth vader[/mention]

[mention=136594]illusion[/mention]

[mention=151620]Sime[/mention]

[mention=132180]Rob181[/mention]

[mention=121595]Black Orange[/mention]

[mention=104378]joz[/mention] (?)

[mention=133337]gillmaverick[/mention]

[mention=149865]125dBmonster[/mention] (?)

[mention=116153]evil c

[mention=109524]Stump[/mention]

[mention=140952]Darren69[/mention]

@Spyne

Set Menu Options

Belgian Banquet

For groups of ten or more

Like to share amongst friends and colleagues?

$45 per Head

Appetisers:

Butcher’s Block

Our house charcuterie platter: paper thin slices of prosciutto, grilled chorizo, venison & smoked duck terrine, house marinated mt zero olives,

char-grilled sour dough and onion jam (nf,df)

Belgian Cheese Croquettes

A blend of soft Belgian cheeses, crumbed, rolled and served bite-size with a chunky tomato relish, rocket & lemon (v,nf)

From the Sea:

Mussels Mariniere

Portarlington mussels with white wine, celery, onion, leek, garlic & thyme, steamed in traditional pots (gf,nf)

Chips with Mayonnaise (v,nf,gf,df)

Calamari

Coconut and polenta dusted calamari with a belgian chopped salad of red cabbage, apple and fennel, with chilli lime dressing (n,df)

Off the Farm:

Pork Knuckle

1.4kg roasted pork knuckle with crackling, sauerkraut and apple sauce (gf,nf)

Winter Vegetable Salad

Warm roast vegetable salad with cous cous, spinach, and pomegranate, finished with a manuka honey & yoghurt dressing (v)

Dessert Taster:

Mini Belgian Waffles

Bite sized waffles with Chantilly cream & berries (v,nf)

* Catering for dietary requirements can be a little tricky with a share menu, however, should you require any adjustments or have any questions please contact our event coordinator

v = vegetarian gf = gluten free nf = nut free df = dairy free

Edit: we need to commit to a single set menu as a group which has been overwhelmingly chosen as the Belgian Banquet at $45 each for meal only.

59d46902626cc_BBCFunctionPackJuly2017_Page_05.thumb.jpg.1f83aa3115d307df1748d03546fb48b1.jpg

59d46913b554a_BBCFunctionPackJuly2017_Page_06.thumb.jpg.4d34bdac44abaefdc6f2de6dec745e9a.jpg

59d46936a4ffc_BBCFunctionPackJuly2017_Page_07.thumb.jpg.8113c29fd3c4b299fd9c53ba55125a7b.jpg

Edited by evil c
  • Like 1

Nice work, Evil - you're all over it! Happy to go with whatever the majority decide on food and drinks packages and would choose the Banquet menu only because pork knuckle would be my top choice for main anyway..:thumb:

Edited by Hensa

2 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Great Work Mate.....Happy to go with whatever majority decide for the food too.....Also Gold drinks package for the hours we will be there looks good.....Im already hungry.......Thanks..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got to agree the Pork Knuckle sounds very enticing!

@gillmaverick Read my thoughts regarding the drinks packages and I did indeed mean to mention the Gold Package looks the best value while providing some sort of quality drinks selection wise.

I’ll be happy to pay for steak and waffles. So I assume the meal deals are not inclusive of drinks, and that that is a separate deal? I don’t not drink at all so I’d prefer not to pay for alcohol, but that won’t stop me from paying for any packages that’s inclusive, I’m sure someone will consume on my behalf. 

I’ll be happy to pay for steak and waffles. So I assume the meal deals are not inclusive of drinks, and that that is a separate deal? I don’t not drink at all so I’d prefer not to pay for alcohol, but that won’t stop me from paying for any packages that’s inclusive, I’m sure someone will consume on my behalf. 
No don't know of any meal packages including alcohol under $80 or so.

You are quite free to choose individually on the night whatever you like as long as we meet the minimum number which I think we should easily.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You've done it again Cilve :thumb:

IU've had too much whiskey tonight to make proper sense of it all, but I'll do my best to make sense of it tomorrow.

Sign me up for whatever everyone else goes for.

Please make sure that they have inhaling steaks ready to go for @Yamaha Man he dont like to waste time chewing.

• Haha 1

All looks pretty good to me however as a few have already suggested personally I cannot go past some good old pork knuckle. (Besides it will be hilarious watching the inner cave man some out of our group of SNA'ers as there rip through it fingers and teeth style :lol:). It also alleviates any squabbling around the dreaded wedding meat/chicken arrangement where you always tend to get your least preferred option so you end up trying to bribe the guy next to you for a swapsie.

So my vote is for the $45 Banquet (the Vegematics within the group can sort themselves out with a lettuce leaf from elsewhere)

Drinks wise. yeah  the gold option has some tasty choices so im happy with that. Also means if the dinners crap i'll have some nice options for a liquid dinner instead. :hiccup

Clive thanks for your efforts with this, very much appreciated and I will be there, I have to keep an eye on my Hi Fi Show Husband @frankn .

Will be fantastic to catch up with some members and meet others in the flesh. :)

I will add to the other PITA's and say I will be happy to go with the majority, which, due to everyone stating they will go with the majority, means that no majority actually exists. Quite a quandary. As we might be sharing, I will be sure to have my Combantrin chokkies before I come down.

But Jesus, look at the beers. We don't even have those at the local Dans up here Bogan-Ville.

Also, as this is Melbourne, I need to say that I don't have enough hair for a hipster bun. Not even a very small pom pom. A very average lint ball is all I could probably manage.

@Tubularbells will be great to meet up mate and I will be able to think up many smart @rse comments relating to your fondness of 'the pork knuckle' prior to the event. Possibly even some self-sniggering during the flight southwards which might alarm some passengers but might also stop that baby crying.

@125dBmonster is also the charcuterie expert so watch what he goes for. ;)

@evil c please add me to the list.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Also, as this is Melbourne, I need to say that I don't have enough hair for a hipster bun. Not even a very small pom pom. A very average lint ball is all I could probably manage.

It's okay Daz..... we know you're from up North....

A Nollsy 'Flavour Saver' will have to suffice...... ?  :P 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

will be great to meet up mate and I will be able to think up many smart @rse comments relating to your fondness of 'the pork knuckle' prior to the event. Possibly even some self-sniggering during the flight southwards which might alarm some passengers but might also stop that baby crying.

Ha fire away my friend but bare in mind im somewhat resilient to "meat" related jokes after being told to go pull some pork at many a gtg. :lol:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, evil c said:

Seafood
Provençale mussels, freshly shucked oysters, coconut prawns, salmon rosettes, lemon pepper calamari and a selection of dipping sauces (gf,nf)

sounds nice.......... while ya'll sharing the single pork dish I'll consume these.  Gold drinks package sounds good also.

Can I thoroughly recommend the Leffe Brune from the tap beer list. On one of many nights back in my drinking days (like @Sime I too am a non-drinker nowadays*) a few pints of this totally numbed an abscess I had lurking under a tooth. I recommend it on the basis of taste, not dental therapy. Give it a go @Darren69, you might wake up with a top-knot.

Would love to be there but parts of the body aren't up to it. Perhaps next year.

*This is a star.

• Like 2