Balance of My LP Collection - Singer / Songwriter - Male & Female

Items: A Large part of my personal collection - Various LPs - THIS IS THE SINGER SONGWRITER - MALE & FEMALE SECTION  but also see individual lists and the main thread which has all the common information to all threads.
Location: Sunshine Coast, Qld - Will post to anywhere in Australia (O/S by agreement)
Item's Condition: Very Good ++ to Mint + (Many bought, stored but unplayed)
Reason for selling: To raise money to get my teeth fixed.

Price: Various - See each item
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only (Direct Deposit if you prefer)
Extra Info:  Some great music  up for grabs - Buy with confidence as previous SNA buyers have done.
Pictures:

Covers graded first (where included) albums next.

STOC = Slight tear on cover
LTOC = Label tear on cover
LOC = Label / sticker / label residue on Cover

WD - Water Damage to cover - (a small number were affected after a storm at my parents house when I was a kid)

NAC - NYP = Needs a clean, not yet priced.

PHIC - Punch Hole in Cover / Cut-out / deletion mark or hole
GFC = Gatefold Cover
RWOC = Ring Wear on Cover
SRWOC = Slight Ring Wear on Cover
ILS = Inner Lyric Sheet or inner cover

ST = Sticky tape

NOTICE - Please record your wants in each LP list - Don't send me a PM to reserve anything as someone else may snag the same album as you wanted before I get to your message. Keeping all wants within the list keeps everything transparent. Hope this makes sense.

Have a read of the reviews - they are designed to help let you know about music that may have escaped you earlier. (They are not my reviews however )

(Once an item has been reserved or sold, I may remove the review/s to save space for Marc and reduce the time needed to scroll through what has become a very large list.

List # 3 - Singer / Songwriters - Male & Female

RESERVED * Joan Armatrading - Joan Armatrading ILS  - VG / VG - $7.00 GLENM64

SOLD - * Judie Tzuke - I Am The Phoenix - NM (SRWOC) - M - $12.00 (AERTEX)

SOLD * Judie Tzuke - Ritmo - ILS - EX+ (SRWOC) - NM - Another nice set of songs from the lady that brought us "Stay With Me Till Dawn" - an all time classic. - $10.00 (AERTEX)

SOLD - * Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Waters -  Orig CBS label EX / EX - a few scuffs $7.00 - DAVEO)))

* Elton John - Honky Chateau - GFC - orig DJM label copy - VG+ - some paper tears on bottom of inside cover - label residue on front TRHS / EX+ a few scuffs - $9.00

SOLD * Bruce Cockburn - Resume - A highly rated compilation from this tragically unknown Canadian legend. GFC - EX++ / EX - $9.00 (SINGLEENDEDAMP)

* Ian Matthews  - Go For Broke EX / M+ Features one of his best songs, "Darkness, Darkness"- $12.50

* Jackson Browne  - Hold Out  - ILS - EX+ M+ - $15.00

* Andrew Gold - Whirlwind - NM / M - $10.00

A review:

I much prefer this Andrew Gold to his slick, over-poppy previous releases.  I've always like my rock music to have a bit of an edge to it. The guitar playing on this album has that edge, sort of a dirty tone, which was refreshing change to hear Gold go in this direction.  The song-writing as always with Gold is very good.  I recently picked up the re-mastered version of this album on CD and it does not sound dated at all.

SOLD * Andrew Gold - What's Wrong With This Picture? (NAC) - NM / NM - $8.00 - (SURPRISETECH)

SOLD * Juice Newton  - Juice  - M- / M+ - $12.50 (SINGLEENDAMP)

SOLD - * Al Stewart  - The Early Years M- / M+ $14.00 - SIMO8989

SOLD - * Al Stewart  - Past, Present& Future G/F with lyrics M- a few small blotches on rear but otherwise excellent shape / M- $14.00 SIMO8989

SOLD Dan Fogelberg & Tim Weisberg - Twin Sons of Different Mothers - GFC - EX+ - A few marks on the front - inside is mint / NM - a few dimples - a kind of baroque to symphonic country rock with beautiful arrangements and harmonies. $14.00 - (VIOGNIER)

SOLD - Ross Ryan - My Name Means Horse - GFC - M- / NM - A great album in great condition - $17.50 (SURPRISETECH)

Ross Ryan - I Thought This Might Happen - 1977 compilation EX LOC (SRWOC) / EX - a few scuffs / thin scratches - $8.00

Chris De Burgh -  A few thoughts about this guy...

Sure, you will all have heard "Lady In Red" & "Don't Pay The Ferryman" but in all honesty the material on these albums represents so much more from a long and diverse career. From folkier ballads to a more serious set of rocking tunes, his variety on each album is quite unique. Other people's reviews below may be more specific to each album but at the end of the day, it certainly is good to be able to play an album that the missus can also enjoy. There are some surprising gems on here so be adventurous.

SOLD ***Chris De Burgh - Spanish Train & Other Stories - NM / M - $12.00 (SURPRISETECH)

***Chris De Burgh - The Getaway - M- a few small creases - / EX+ - $10.00

2 reviews:

This is very enjoyable if you like earnest, somewhat theatrical voices with earnest, somewhat theatrical stories to tell- but there are also some killer pop songs and highly hooky hooks on here, as well as ballads so pretty and solemn and delicately swelling they seem like they may burst; perhaps a guilty pleasure, but it's also solid music of the type that doesn't get much attention these days, but should!

Chris De Burgh brought out a lot of great music, some of which was accompanied by fame, in the eighties.  This is a wonderfully tuneful release, ranging from up tempo pieces (“Don’t Pay The Ferryman”, “The Getaway” and “Ship To Shore”), to soft love songs, like the haunting “Crying And Laughing”, the lovely “Where Peaceful Waters Flow” and “Borderline”, an achingly memorable song.  The lyrics are De Burgh’s familiar mixture of heartfelt love and stories of war, and the main hurdle might be his sharp voice – it is a bit of an acquired taste.  But for those who are fine with that, this record is an absolute treat, and arguably Chris De Burgh’s best.

***Chris De Burgh - Eastern Wind NM (SRWOC) / M  - ISL - $12.00

SOLD - * Chris De Burgh - Far Beyond These Castle Walls  - EX+ - SRWORC - ILS / M - $12.50 (HUMBUG89)

SOLD - * Chris De Burgh - Crusader - EX+  (SRWORC + ILS) / M - $12.50 HUMBUG89

* Chris De Burgh - At The End of A Perfect Day - EX+ (SRWORC + ILS) / M - $12.50

A few thoughts:

Beautiful acoustic songs. Very different from the more pompous Crusader. Both albums are perfect in their own way.

(I'll do a special deal for the remaining 3 Chris De Burgh albums for $30 plus postage - Just ask!)

SOLD - Paul Simon - Hearts & Bones - NM / M - ILS - $12.00 (CHARLIE BIRD)

SOLD - Elton John - Madman Across The Water - GFC - This is an original USA 1971 copy on the UNI label and includes the 6 page photo booklet glued to the inside right panel. The cover has slight edge wear on the bottom with a few marks and a small crease but is in otherwise excellent condition for its age. The vinyl looks almost flawless with only a few light scuffs and would represent one of the best copies of this great album you're likely to find, especially considering how often albums like this would have been played.  Highly collectible copy - $22.00 (SINGLEDEENDAMP)_

Johnny Rivers - The Very Best Of - M- / M - An excellent compilation of his best songs - nothing is missing here. $14.00

***Foster & Allen - The Very Best of NM / M - $8.00

SOLD ***Brad Love - Colours - NM / M - A gifted songwriter not too far removed from the quality of people like Rupert Hine - He eventually fronted a highly respected progressive rock band called "Aviary" $9.00 (FULL RANGE)

SOLD ***Kevin Coyne - Bursting Bubbles - EX+ (SRWOC) / EX - $8.00 (FIELD)

SOLD ***David Laflamme - White Bird - USA import - EX (RWOC - some normal wearing due to age / NM - Lead vocalist for It's A Beautiful Day - a popular psych rock band similar to Quicksilver Messenger Service / Moby Grape / Spirit etc - $8.00 (FULL RANGE)

SOLD - Russell Morris - Retrospective - 1968 - 1972 - EX (tear on RHS but otherwise quite OK - includes inner sleev with comprehensive album notes courtesy of Uncle Glenn. / Side 1 - M - Side 2 - NM - has a nasty looking mark between T2 and T3 but I could not hear any clicks.  This includes all his great hits all in the one place - I still listen to this guy regularly, (his latest albums are excellent but in a different direction). He still plays and sings really well with a convincing voice and attitude to his craft. A true legend of Australian pop / rock music and deserving of all the adulation that comes his way.  Saw and met him at a lunch time concert at The Piazza in Brisbane in the 90's - Nice guy! Yours for $15.00 SIMO8989

SOLD ***Claire Hamill - One House Left Standing - Very rare Australian copy from 1971 on the pink Island label - Claire sang with Wishbone Ash during the 80's. Not many of these around. $22.00 (RANTAN)

Edited by progladyte

Hi Greg

Name - Fred

Items Wanted thanks;

Al Stewart  - The Early Years M- / M+ $14.00

Al Stewart  - Past, Present& Future G/F with lyrics M- a few small blotches on rear but otherwise excellent shape / M- $14.00

Russell Morris - Retrospective - 1968 - 1972  $15.00

Postcode - 2116

Cheers

Fred

Spoiler

Hello, could I get if still available, CHRIS DE BURGH-

Crusader $12.50

Far Beyond These Castle Walls  $12.50

Both please

These please.

surprisetech
Andrew Gold - What's Wrong With This Picture? (NAC) - NM / NM - $8.00
Ross Ryan - My Name Means Horse - GFC - M- / NM - A great album in great condition - $17.50
Chris De Burgh - Spanish Train & Other Stories - NM / M - $12.00
Postcode 3783

2 minutes ago, surprisetech said:

These please.

surprisetech
Andrew Gold - What's Wrong With This Picture? (NAC) - NM / NM - $8.00
Ross Ryan - My Name Means Horse - GFC - M- / NM - A great album in great condition - $17.50
Chris De Burgh - Spanish Train & Other Stories - NM / M - $12.00
Postcode 3783

Reserved for you now!

A belated thanks to everyone for their fantastic support so far. It really is greatly appreciated.

As you may have observed, things can hectic on the auction floor so my apologies if I wasn't able to update your requests immediately.

There are still plenty of great albums to be snagged so if anyone else is still interested in the remainder of my collection, there are 8 lists altogether as follows:

12" 45rpms

Jazz Fusion / Jazz Lite / Instrumental / Electronic / Ambient etc

Vintage Rock

1980's New Wave & General Rock

Singer Songwriters - Male & Female

Blues / Acoustic / Country Rock / Folk / Comedy

Progressive Rock

Various Artists - Compilations

Check them out and update your wants in each list.

Thanks for looking...........................

3 hours ago, Viognier said:

Hi Greg
Dan Fogelberg and Tim Weisberg, Twin Son
Thanks Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent choice Mark - All yours.

BTW - I have some other titles for Tim Weisberg in the Jazz section going cheap too.

• Like 2

Just now, rantan said:

Hi Greg.
can I have the excellent Claire Hamill " One House Left Standing"

Thanks

Added to your stash with pleasure - what a great album!

That is one pretty scare album these days. The last time I saw one was about 6 years ago for $40 but it was almost unplayable and had crap all over the cover.

A great score if I may say.

Cheers

Greg

• Like 1

Funds have cleared from the following members so their parcels have been lodged today with the P.O.

Viognier

Buddyev

Hensa

Pegasus

Humbug89

Aertex

Audiohobbs (delivery withheld upon request)

Wondering

Thank you all for being so prompt with your deposits guys, it really is appreciated.

Tracking numbers will be advised to you all individually via a P.M.

Please let me know when they arrive.

Cheers and thanks once more.

Greg

(This message posted in all sale threads)