SOLD: FS: Samsung 55" Series 8 LED TV

SOLD

Item: Samsung ua55es8000 tv 
Price: $750
Item Condition: very good 
Reason for selling: upgraded 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, direct deposit 
Extra Info:

For sale is my 4 year old Samsung TV. It works perfectly and is in very good cosmetic condition. Picture quality is outstanding. I am only selling as I have upgraded to something bigger. Please note I do not have the original box and packaging so Pick up is mandatory. 

Pictures:

download.jpg

images (8).jpg

images (7).jpg

E757950B-.jpg

CD2CB85A-.jpg

Hi mate, I am interested in this and not too far from you. I was told over time TVs do lose picture quality and brightness etc, is that true? Can you notice a difference or loss in colour or picture quality? Do you still have the stand as i will require it.

23 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I was told over time TVs do lose picture quality and brightness etc, is that true?

Plasma do (some even had rising blacks)... this is LED LCD, so no there should be no marked difference in light output over the life of the TV.

JSmith :ninja:

How does TV technology fare over time? Basically what i am asking is how does this tv compare to the new models  as i notice there seems to be new 55" LED tvs for not much more. But i presume this is a higher end model when it came out so...?

I can only give my opinion, and that is that technology changes and updates over time and that usually results in new features, which may or may not contribute to improved picture quality. 

For example, 4k and HDR are new technologies and this TV does not have that, however, when viewing any content which is not 4k or HDR (which is most) the quality between this TV and a new one would be very comparable - the Samsung would likely best the newer low end models. 

The series 8 was indeed a high end model and has a great picture quality. If you are looking for features, this would not be a good purchase, as it doesn't have any of the new bells and whistles. If you are looking for pure picture quality, this looks much better than any of the lower end (1500ish and under) new models that I have seen. 

Hope this helps