kukynas

PC vs. PS4 Pro only for gaming

I have 6 accounts on Eve

8 hours ago, Mungbean66 said:

I own a few consoles including a PS4 Pro but I do the majority of my gaming on PC. 
If the PS5 or new Xbox ever have native Keyboard and Mouse support, I probably wouldn’t upgrade my PC.

It really is easier just to insert a game and play. 

Yeah having native keyboard and mouse support would be a godsend. It make playing competitive online shooters so much more enjoyable. 

100% PC. Game is way prettier than on any console and runs way smoother.

I tried consoles . . . .hated the controller . . . nowhere near as accurate as keyboard and mouse . . . . . give me a pc anyday

Hi @steffanth my idea of PC correctness...using keyboard and mouse for games... :) 

Since Covid and being retired and unable to go out anywhere significant -  I bought a s/h PS3 and I agree with the general view about PC's. I was never really serious about gaming - and also I am a Mac guy who has refused to update machines since Apple became evil with the new un-moddable models - and while my trusty 2012 MBP and Imac will run some decent games - they arent really designed for it even running bootcamp and windows.

On the other hand, my nephew games on a PC - it cost him about 2k to put together -  my PS3 cost 150 bucks with controllers and the games less than 10 bucks each...which suits my retiree existence/budget in a Covid uncertainty..

I could say that playing on a controller is definitely a pain compared to a keyboard and mouse - but I'm viewing it as a new skill set. Graphics and loading times leave the macs for dead in both detail and speed of course. ...The only problem as I found out is that the DLC's for some games are no longer available for the platform...anywhere....

I have both 

Some of the best titles are not available for PC, such as the last of us, God of war and ghost of tsushima. 

if you are into FPS shooting games, go with PC. Consoles are better for almost everything else.

oh if you have a home theatre setup, the sound experience is phenomenal on the consoles. way better than most of the movies. it's INTERACTIVE, the dialogue and effects change directions as you turn. I use the game to test my HT speakers' consistency